1 2 3 Previous Next 69 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2013 3:13 PM by TG_Regal_Deagle RSS

Big news about the Xbox One.

iivrruummii

Source-http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/08/02/xbox-one-gets-gpu-boost-outputs-games-wit hout-hdcp/

The Xbox One is getting a GPU boost, ~6%, and outputs games without HDCP, which is a big deal for Youtubers, such as Woody, TmarTn, and of course FAZE!  This means that the Xbox One doesn't have video copy right protection, but the PS4 might due to the PS3 and PS4 dev kits having HDCP.  The GPU boost isn't much, but the more the better.

So what do you guys think of this?

• 1. Re: Big news about the Xbox One.
          mdub

iivrruummii wrote:

Source-http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/08/02/xbox-one-gets-gpu-boost-outputs-games-wit hout-hdcp/

The Xbox One is getting a GPU boost, ~6%, and outputs games without HDCP, which is a big deal for Youtubers, such as Woody, TmarTn, and of course FAZE!  This means that the Xbox One doesn't have video copy right protection, but the PS4 might due to the PS3 and PS4 dev kits having HDCP.  The GPU boost isn't much, but the more the better.

So what do you guys think of this?

Any power boost, is better than nothing. PS4, will dominate sales, until Microsoft drops the price.

• 2. Re: Big news about the Xbox One.
            iivrruummii

mdub wrote:

PS4, will dominate sales, until Microsoft drops the price.

The Xbox One will sell quite well without having a price drop.  The PS4 would have dominated sales anyway, it is quite obvious that the Xbox doesn't sell well in Europe and even worse in Asia.  So why even bring it up?  Are you that insecure?

• 3. Re: Big news about the Xbox One.
              otisman666

I am still waiting for the one that doesn't come with the Kinnects.  Let's face it, this is going to happen, just not on the first wave of units sold.  I foresee the Kinnectless Xbone being announced and on sale sometime after the holidays.

The price will drop and more and more people will then appreciate it, yes, even in EU.

• 4. Re: Big news about the Xbox One.
                iivrruummii

If they release one without Kinect then I should be able to completely disconnect Kinect?  As of right now, you must still have Kinect connected to the console.

• 5. Re: Big news about the Xbox One.
                  mdub

iivrruummii wrote:

mdub wrote:

PS4, will dominate sales, until Microsoft drops the price.

The Xbox One will sell quite well without having a price drop.  The PS4 would have dominated sales anyway, it is quite obvious that the Xbox doesn't sell well in Europe and even worse in Asia.  So why even bring it up?  Are you that insecure?

Insecure?? Not exactly sure that you understand the definition.

You asked people's opinion, based on the article. Things like specs and HDCP, are all things that factor into potential sales. I simply gave an opinion, based on what you have linked. If you dont want to hear people's opinion.... dont ask the question.

Why edit the part out, where I said that the power boost was a good thing? Are you insecure?

• 6. Re: Big news about the Xbox One.
                    highlandsparky

mdub wrote:

. PS4, will dominate sales, until Microsoft drops the price.

True story....Although, hopefully that'll then become the console of choice for younger gamers, due to it's cheaper price.

• 7. Re: Big news about the Xbox One.
                      mdub

highlandsparky wrote:

mdub wrote:

. PS4, will dominate sales, until Microsoft drops the price.

True story....Although, hopefully that'll then become the console of choice for younger gamers, due to it's cheaper price.

I think a lot of people will look at it as "what do I get, for a $100 more?" My answer... Microsoft has done nothing to prove that its worth it (to me anyways).

Now that all the DRM bs is gone.... if Xbox One, was the same price.... I would buy both at launch.

• 8. Re: Big news about the Xbox One.
                        iivrruummii

I didn't know opinions were one sentence that talked about half of what I said.

I didn't edit anything out, even you quoted what I posted and nothing is missing, now you are just making yourself look foolish.

• 9. Re: Big news about the Xbox One.
                          iivrruummii

DRM was nothing different than having to sign into Origin or Steam.  I don't know why people made such a big deal about it.  I think it was just confusion and anger of change, not to mention every scenario was exaggerated or blown out of proportion.

1 2 3 Previous Next