19 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2014 2:28 AM by WillSims062 RSS

Hey, error code 150-1031. PLEASE READ FURTHER!

So, I have gotten the error code 150-1031 for a LONG time now. My warrenty has expired... I can't ask for another BO2 game now. I cleaned it many times with toothpaste, water, etc. It doesn't help. I didn't try with any other games so I don't know if it's my BO2 disc or my Wii U console. Please help and tell me a solution! Any ways on how to CLEAN a BO2 Wii U disc without spending money? Remove scratches? Please help and ask more questions if you need more information to help me!

• Re: Hey, error code 150-1031. PLEASE READ FURTHER!

what are you using the disc as .....a frisbee ?

If it is that scratched , take it to your local game store and ask if they do a disc cleaning service ,Most do .

This will spin a very small layer off the disc making most scratched disappear .This can only be done 1 - 2 times otherwise the game becomes unreadable .

I would first however check that other games work and it is not the console itself

The thing is, I don't have any other games for my Wii U console. And my Wii games, I sold...so I can't check. And that's not exactly the answer I was hoping for. Thanks but no thanks... :/ I'll wait to see if anyone else replys.

Not the answer you was hoping for ?

You have cleaned a disc with toothpaste & water many times ( your own words ) & you wonder why your wiiU is throwing up the " Error code 105-1031 The disc could not be read " .

Firstly , If this is the only game you own , then how the hell would it get scratched that badly ?

If it is not in the wiiU it should be in it's case , That's a real simple solution for you right there !

Secondly , Why would you clean the disc with toothpaste & water ?

Not only does the toothpaste have an abrasive quality but so does the water ( depending on how hard your water is in your area ) .

A bit of polish and a cloth would clean any disc of smudges or dirt .

If it is scratched that badly then the only solutions that you have are to take it to a local game store and get them to clean it like a stated above , Or buy a new copy and treat it with abit more respect .

Padiego

You own a Wii U but only have one game for it, and that game is BO2?

Wut

Anyways, ask a friend to lend you a wii disc.

Everyone has a wii.

bughunt

When did the error start?  Has it been happening since you got the game and have you had to get it exchanged before?  When it first started happening did the disc look clean and unscratched?

I've heard of some people having this problem with brand new discs and getting the game disc replaced resolved it.  For others it may also involve deleting the title updates from the Wii U and allowing them to be downloaded and installed again.

I can't really help much until I know the answers to my initial questions.

Also, I know that the internet has some wonderful solutions for polishing a disc but you should use caution.  Toothpaste is abrasive and can make scratches worse.  The same applies to water.  The only water you should ever really use for this kind of thing is distilled water - water that has had impurities removed.

Like TheSTARfish said, you could try taking it to a game store and getting them to put it through their "resurfacing" machines.  Alternatively you could purchase something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/SkipDr-Manual-Disc-Repair-System/dp/B0015ACUKC/ref=sr_1_1? s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1375719382&sr=1-1

I have one almost identical to this and it has saved many many discs.  It won't work on extremely deep scratches unless you are willing to spend the next few years polishing it every day.

But like I said, others have encountered this problem and their discs have been spotless.  You are best checking if your Wii U can read other discs, specifically Wii U game discs.  I could suggest borrowing a Wii U game or renting one.  Without knowing this and having the answers to my initial question I can't help much more than this.

It could be a problem with the lens unit and/or dvd drive mechanism in the Wii U, a software glitch or a physical defect with the optical disc.  I can't point you in the right direction until one or more of these possibilities have been eliminated.

•  

When did the error start?  Has it been happening since you got the game and have you had to get it exchanged before?  When it first started happening did the disc look clean and unscratched?

The error started sometime ago. It started happening around 3-4 months after I brought the game so I can't exchange it. My parents don't want to spend money..Do you know how to clean the lens on the wii u? or something? cuz that might be the problem... Also, when it first started happening, there was NO scratches!

bughunt

There is a very good chance that there is nothing wrong with lens/drive unit of the Wii U.  It sounds like you've got a defective disc and no amount of "resurfacing" is going to fix that.

The best way to check for sure is by renting a copy of BO2 from a rental store.  It should only cost a couple of dollars and this will 100% show if there is a problem with the disc or Wii U.  An important step here would be to delete all data for the game off of your Wii U and allow it to be recreated when using the rental disc.  Updates will be redownloaded and installed.  You also don't need to worry about losing any online profile data since that is stored server-side.  You will most likely lose any campaign progress, though.

If you get the same error when using the rental copy then the problem lies with the Wii U itself.  In that case you will need to contact Nintendo since there will be nothing that you will be able to do about this yourself.

If you are able to use the rental copy without encountering any errors then the problem is with your copy of the disc.  You said that you were getting the error for a while now so you are past the point of getting it exchanged.  I also doubt that they'll accept it back now that you've used toothpaste to give the disc some pearly whites lol

The good news is that second hand copies of BO2 are dirt cheap now.  You can pick it up online from the likes of eBay or from a brick and mortar second-hand games store.  I know that you said that your parents don't want to spend additional money, but hopefully they will agree to maybe $10-$20 in total

BobbyMcGee

lol, toothpaste? think i tried that back in the early 90's...

seriously, do yourself a favor and never do that again. use your breath and an extremely soft rag, maybe 90% iso alcohol (rubbing alcohol). dont get the 70%. the higher the %, the less water it has in it. just no more colgate ok???

BobbyMcGee

what "polish" are you guys referring too btw???

LastShadowCOD

I remember back on my old wii - we got that error code and it was the disk drive that failed.

We bought a new drive and installed it - it worked fine after that.

But - it sounds like yours is hosed. Just buy another one - you can get a used one at gamestop.

You told me to read further, im not that amused can i get my money back ?

I'm having this problem too    did u ever figure out the solution ??