19 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2013 5:37 PM by devidog_kyle RSS

How I got trolled

So today I was playing HC TDM and got into a lobby, 15 seconds after the game started I was flashed by someone. Seconds later hit by a stun, emp, and yet another flash. After this I had to endure 4 players that would follow me and throw 4 tatical nades each. After the game ended I desided to leave the lobby and join another game. The same people started to stalk me for around 30-45 minutes. It was kinda a pain, but also kinda funny at the same time. Just wondering if this is something a lot of people out there run into this a lot.

• Re: How I got trolled

just pretend you dont care, they will go away , happened to me with  a pair of allies who kept trapping me in a corner while capping A in Uplink, they raged because they kept being killed as i was using them as protection (they where using assault shields)

vims1990

Most of these players watch too many COD trolling videos.

Back in the day when I played solo, random teammates would trap me in corners just to get a reaction out of me.

If it happens often to you, find a bunch of players to party up with so you avoid having those type of randoms on your team.

Next time just appear offline and they can't follow you.

Report them on XBL

Noob_Lyncher

Won't make a difference since they weren't modding, cheating, or verbally harassing anyone.

They were still harassing him, it doesn't matter if it was verbal.

If they follow you around purposely then yes, it is against the CoC

Noob_Lyncher

No it isn't. Maybe they just want to play with you. Playing a game with someone more than once isn't against CoC. It's obvious that there's no real harassment going on. If they were calling him names and stuff, then it would be harassment, but just following someone in a game to play isn't breaking any rules. Report them all you want, nothing will ever happen.

JobIessMoney

Actually, following someone to their games after they leave and ruining their experience on the game is harassment. His experience was made more difficult and far more annoying because of these players. Sure maybe they wanted to play with him; he clearly didn't.

Noob_Lyncher

You're ruining their experience by playing more games with them? I beast on people a lot in HC Dom, and they say that they're reporting me for hacking and other various stuff because I trashed them. I guess I ruined their experience too by killing them so much. But i've been playing this game since the day it came out, and haven't been banned once for it. You can keep telling yourself that they'll be banned for jumping into someone's game a few times, but I know that no action will be taken against them, because without them verbally doing anything, it's impossible to tell if they're just winding up in the same games, or following someone around.

I get annoyed too, but I try not to get into a habit of lying to myself about how Microsoft will magically ban everyone I don't like.

JobIessMoney

So you're saying if I found you in a game and followed you around, reguardless of you pretending to care or not, and just threw stuns/flashes/emps at you, you wouldn't care? If I took three other friends to my game with you and did the same thing, you wouldn't care? And don't say you'd just go get a team to play because this person, I would assume, didn't have the luxury of doing so at the time. Yes, no action will be taken, rarely is it unless it's blatently obvious that the person is cheating/hacking/modding/boosting etc. and proof is found of it. And you cannot compare this to doing good in games and people being mad, that's the point of the game; to kill people. Making things harder for your teammates is not.

Any response will not be replied to, I'm not going to fight on forums. My opinions are my own you can think whatever you'd like.

Noob_Lyncher

I guess you can't or won't read. I clearly said in my last statement "I get annoyed too". And it looks like you finally admitted that no action will be taken. And thanks in advance for not replying to this. It's funny how you state your opinions as facts. I have no need to speak to people like that further.

myevo8you

Noob_Lyncher wrote:

No it isn't. Maybe they just want to play with you. Playing a game with someone more than once isn't against CoC. It's obvious that there's no real harassment going on. If they were calling him names and stuff, then it would be harassment, but just following someone in a game to play isn't breaking any rules. Report them all you want, nothing will ever happen.

B. Harassment

• Do not harass, abuse, bully, or spam other players, or encourage other players to do so.

Following players from lobby to lobby IS a form of harassment.

Noob_Lyncher

Then why don't people get banned for it? I've jumped into a few lobbies with some people I wanted to play against. Months later, no ban. Since no one has done it yet, explain how simply going into a lobby with someone again without saying anything to them is harassing them.

phxs72

Going into the lobby only likely isn't harassment; however, if the followers are comitting in game actions against this player while on his team then their following actually makes the harassment case stick a whole lot better.  Activision as well as the individual consoles do have rules regarding harassment.  Whether or not they feel that an individual case warrants their intervention depends on their judgement and I'd imagine that in cases of questionable evidence they would err in favor of the defendant.  However, I'm quite sure that where there is a clear cut case of harassment that they would indeed act if for no other reason but to avoid potential lawsuits (as silly as that sounds when talking about a video game).

Noob_Lyncher

Exactly. If there's a clear case of harassment going on, the respective companies would have to cover themselves and take action against the guilty party. But throwing flashbangs and emp grenades at people in HC isn't going to get someone banned. I get hit by teammate's emp grenades all the time when they miss, are trying to flush out enemies, or just being tards, and they're not getting banned for that. I just don't know why people can't see the difference between a clear case of harassment, and someone screwing around in game for the lulz.

darkplaces28

If you react to the trolling they win. If you just move on and don't give them the satisfaction of a reaction then you win. Trolling only really works if the person being trolled gives some kind of reaction.