27 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2013 9:10 AM by HateWakingUp RSS

Joining In-Progress games

Why do I always get screwed by joining in progress games.  I was on a 137 win streak in Free For All, and Treyarch shows their shitty colors and pops me into a game where the leader has 28 kills!  So yeah, 3 days worth of playing towards 150 win streak for nothing.  Bullshit. 

• Re: Joining In-Progress games
          starbuckfrack

Why didnt you stay in the lobby then ?

Anyone wanna bet his win streak was at 3 ?

Unless he boosted. Prove it show you Gamertag.

vims1990

Rage quitters perhaps?

Someone have to replace the players leaving matches because you don't want to end up with dead lobbies if say a developer implemented an option for you to never to join a match in progress.

i.e A TDM match where it's 6 vs 1 and there is no one replacing the 5 that quit the match.

Unfortunately your luck ran out of avoiding a match in progress.

How could anyone go 137 games without a loss?  Between the teammates you get paired with and the games you get stuck in on the loosing team where they are so far behind there is simply no way they could ever catch up. Not even the worlds biggest hacker, modder, and cheater (not saying that the OP is) could possibly catch up some of the games I have seen. I'm a major optimist but even I have trouble believeing that anyone can go 137 matches in this game without a single loss in online play. I just can't see it even in Free-For-All unless someone was cheating big-time. I mean, maybe if he was talking about fighting bots in the custom game mode.

nicedrewishfela

Has a 137 win streak... plays a solo game... complains when he is put into one bad situation.

Insults Devs, who produced something millions play on a daily basis... yet can't complete a single post without using profanities.

You are the problem, not the Devs in this case.

Join in progress is necessary to keep lobbies alive. If you don't lobby hop, you shouldn't experience this more than once per day.

Noooooo not a reset win streak!!

And.....?

Who cares really, not that important. And no they are not going to remove JIP just so people like you wont have to worry about taht happening again. Nor are they going to give it back to you either no matter how much you cry, whine, *****, rant, threaten them about it.

HateWakingUp

Instead of removing JIP, why not just make it a search preference? Two options, let's call them 'Less Waiting' and 'More Selective.' That way myself, TC and anyone else who loathes being shoved into a shitty situation can select 'More Selective' and be placed into a game that has either not started or just began. The default options would be 'Less Waiting' since it sounds like most people don't care. With this solution, everyone's happy.

starbuckfrack

Any change to JIP games would make a TON of games where players go 1 vs 6. You would then have twice the amount of running lobbies.

Wouldnt work that well, since many would choose that causing lobbies to not fill up as fast or at all at times which would screw over the other team left shorthanded. It would be just as unfair to those teams as to those who complain about it happening to them.

People need to stop focusing so much on stats and play the game for fun. Having a high win streak really means nothing at all. It does not prove someone is a good player.

Play random.. dont expect to have or keep a big win streak. Play with a decent group of freinds that can play better than average, get a decent win streak.

So anyone that has one and is afraid to loose it should simply not play solo. Less chance of getting in  JIP match if you have a full team of friends playing at the same time. Since there are less chances of an entire team quitting out compared to 1-2 players leaving.

So the solution to JIP is to have at least 4-6 members playing at the same time. then once in a lobby do not leave it.

HateWakingUp

The way I see it, if many people selected 'More Selective' the lobbies wouldn't fill up slower. If anything, lobbies would be filled quickly because of the pool of players waiting to be placed in the new lobby. If YOU select 'More Selective,' YOU would be waiting longer compared to joining a game in progress but that's obvious.

If people are concerned that this option would be too popular (which, you're essentially saying: lots of people would love to have this feature in the game) then the easy solution would be a timeout if not enough players join the game. But I'm not convinced a sizeable portion of players wouldn't mind JIP games because it gets them into games faster.

And, to be clear, I'm not actually concerned with win streaks. I usually play without a party so my W/L isn't impressive. BUT I hate being thrown into a game that's 50ish-20ish with the other team mere kills away from rediculous scorestreaks. Or a game of demolition where the team is so garbage they are being spawnkilled. Why should I have to play the game they rage quit from?

Is an option that would prevent this really not worth it because of your anecdotal speculation that it would negatively affect matchmaking time?

highlandsparky

Rogue_Convict wrote:

Why do I always get screwed by joining in progress games.

This sounds unfortunate.....

I was on a 137 win streak in Free For All,

I'm sure you just said...... you "always get screwed"

Please note the "ALWAYS" part.

Izjar11

Rogue_Convict wrote:

I was on a 137 win streak in Free For All,

There is something phishy about this statement, what I find funny is how he never had once an issue before his 137 "wins" and loses once and calls the game devs 'shi-tty'

again the community who plays the game shows who they are

3 steps on how to get a good win streak.

1. If you get put in a game that has already started, just go to Xbox Home, and it won't be a loss as long as you do it before you're actually in the game.

2. If you're playing a team game, so basically anything besides FFA and the party games, make sure you pull host. To know if you are host, you need to either get in an empty lobby with only your team, or before the game starts and the teams are chosen, if you're in the top team, that means someone from your team is host. This means that (if you're playing with 5 friends) the host won't dashboard, resulting in a loss.

3. Always, ALWAYS, play with a full party, of at least 4 people, when going for a win streak. you won't be able to win more than 5 games when you're the only one trying to win, and your team is full of monkeys. If you don't have anyone to play with, then i suggest going for a win streak in FFA.

I hope this helped anyone.

darkplaces28

This is why the community bugs me. So many people put so much emphasis on stats. It's just a game.  You went 137 games without an issue so consider yourself lucky. I don't know why you'd be happy with this stat anyway. As you said it considers top 3 a win. I'd rather actually get the win. At the end of the day had you gotten to 150 you wouldn't have won anything really anyway other than bragging rights I guess, which still doesn't get you much.

I was on a one game win streak then i lost....fml damn u devs! Fix ur game!

HarbingerOfDoom

why dont you deal with match after match after match after match of  getting stuck with just completely awful players (i mean not even able to manage 0.5 k/d) to the point whre you will NEVER have a positive W/L record because its now mathmatically impossible...

then you can feel free to gripe. until then... shuddup.