47 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2013 12:21 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

(UPDATE)Possible/ACTUAL info on DLC 4?

nicedrewishfela

Next DLC according to WickedShrapnel is going to be Apocalypse. 4 MP Maps... One called Pods... which consists of buildings on stilts... and a snow map called Frost. Another Map near the Ocean called Takeoff with landing pads... and the last called Dig, which is an excavation Site. The Zombies Map is going to be called "Origins" and go back to Nazi-style Zombies like World at War.

I apologize for his Colorful manner and language at times, would understand if the Mods pulled it. But interesting information. Do you think he could have a reliable source? Does this sound Feasible to you? If so, what are your initial thoughts, keeping in mind we have NO official word as of yet?

Also, this was just posted on the Call of Duty Facebook page... Any Thoughts?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Every story has a beginning and an end. Tomorrow, you'll learn more from Treyarch.

Every story has a beginning and an end. Tomorrow, you'll learn more from @[43119577723:274:Treyarch].

Like · · Share · 5 minutes ago · https://www.facebook.com/#

And now... A video was released

• Re: Possible info on DLC 4?

I havent heard of this guy so i have no idea how truthful he is, but these maps seem less outlandish than some of the other ones people have been claiming, and considering the pics Treyarchs been posting on FB, the zombies map wouldnt surprise me. But its too early to say that anything is legit or not.

We need more snow maps.

PandasRpeople2

The Pods map sounds most intriguing to me... buildings on stilts?  Sounds like a lot of bi-level combat which is something I like (if it's legit of course).  Hopefully they pull out all the stops on this last map pack, since aside from Grind, Rush and Cove I've found the DLC maps to be generally pretty average.

• Re: (UPDATE)Possible/ACTUAL info on DLC 4?
                nicedrewishfela

So the trailer is pretty cool, but not being a Zombies player I am a little worried about the lack of a hint at what the Multiplayer DLC holds.

It does prove, however, that Wicked's sources are pretty spot on... so this information could very well be valid.

starbuckfrack

Even though zombies is popular its not popular enough that you will get an all zombies DLC. Unless it was seperate than the Season Pass.

So your calling Treyarch idiots for Rezzurection?

starbuckfrack

So he had any questions about the future and he couldnt at LEAST ask if there will be lag on the Xbox ONE ? How about asking if the Xbox one will drop in price. How about it Titanfall will kick ass or even be a COD killer ? Will Mr Hilary Clinton be president ?Guy has to get some priorities straight.

JKG1989TFK

Black ops 2 is not in the same position as blops 1 they hve to please season pass holders (They dont have to but they will) an they have the lmg people . Both want multiplayer maps not zombies . I would like an all zombie map pack or even one huge one that goes to every map in some way. But not 4 old maps unless there true remakes new box guns an buldibles along whit perks an traps.

Honestly if treyarch sold a zombie map editor  that would be the fastest selling item in cod history.

At the end of the day, MP fans will always have MP. Zombies is only featured in treyarch titles, so when ghosts comes around what will zombie fans have, 6 maps wont cover a year till the next treyarch game, plus treyarch owes zombie players an all zombies dlc since they delivered some very poor maps on release, tranzit and nuketown werent very fun at all, plus there are 14 MP maps shipped with blops 2 and you guys have 12 dlcs maps, you do the math 26 against 6 is very poor plus ghosts is out in 2 months near enough when thats out most MP fans will move onto that and wont touch blops 2 again, why would you even need more MP maps, at the end of the day zombies fans bought the season pass aswell and 45 pounds on 4 maps, really guys and your complaining you dont want all zombies because you want 4 maps which you will barely play, I think its all zombies sorry MP fanboys, its our turn now, youv had yours , guess youl have to wait for ghosts and enjoy that because more MP maps is kicking zombie fans in the face.

deamonomic

georgimusporgimus wrote:

At the end of the day, MP fans will always have MP. Zombies is only featured in treyarch titles, so when ghosts comes around what will zombie fans have, 6 maps wont cover a year till the next treyarch game, plus treyarch owes zombie players an all zombies dlc since they delivered some very poor maps on release, tranzit and nuketown werent very fun at all, plus there are 14 MP maps shipped with blops 2 and you guys have 12 dlcs maps, you do the math 26 against 6 is very poor plus ghosts is out in 2 months near enough when thats out most MP fans will move onto that and wont touch blops 2 again, why would you even need more MP maps, at the end of the day zombies fans bought the season pass aswell and 45 pounds on 4 maps, really guys and your complaining you dont want all zombies because you want 4 maps which you will barely play, I think its all zombies sorry MP fanboys, its our turn now, youv had yours , guess youl have to wait for ghosts and enjoy that because more MP maps is kicking zombie fans in the face.

im sorry but they dont owe you anything. Just because you dont like the maps does not mean no one does. There are more then enough who are fine with the maps. You paid for what THEY had to offer. Whether they are good maps or poor (which is really just your opinion)

Dude, treyarch zombie devs admitted to tranzit being rushed and not finished properly and you can tell even now after the updates that the map wasnt made to its full ability, yes its opinion but many zombie fans werent happy with tranzit plus 45 pounds for 4 zombie maps isnt right, its going to be all zombies, backlogging every cod dlc MP maps there always been 12  and no more even on mw3 plus MP fans dont need anymore maps they have them already dlc4 is for zombies fans, we deserve what we paid for you know treyarch will do it theyv done it once before and even with the season pass they'll have some form of idea that a large majority got it for the zombies dlc, they have to even it out, make it fair and if MP fans get more mp maps in dlc4 without zombie fans getting some form of old maps back, then you know zombie fans will be pissed, i just dont see why they never ported the old maps over on release, they should have ported them as micro transactions and if youv already purchased them then you can download them for free, this would have resolved many problems straight away.

I monstly play multiplayer but i enjoy my Zombies, i think they should do a sombie season pass for like 1600 ms points so zombie lovers dont pay $10 a map

Drew this isn't directed to you. It is to the people who claim or semi-claim what the 4th DLC is going to be....

To all those who claim or semi-claim that the 4th DLC is going to be all zombies or the same as the last three DLC. Until you have physical evidence (Not assuming anything) stating what the 4th DLC is going to be whatever it is going to be, all your arguements will be invalid. Just throwing that out there.

EDIT: Unless you know someone or something that post info and is normally correct 70%-100% of the time.

Ex. Charlie intel website

nicedrewishfela

Agreed, which is why I posted Wicked. He is usually right on about these things, or he doesn't put out a video.

Turns out, he was spot on...

Black Ops II Apocalypse DLC due August 27; new A7X and Alex Ross content

by Dan on August 8, 2013

The fourth and final DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops II, dubbed Apocalypse, has a confirmed release date of August 27 on Xbox 360. This DLC pack, like those before it, will contain four multiplayer maps, two of which should feel familiar to long-time fans. Cutting and pasting the official level descriptions:

• Pod: A failed utopian community from the 70’s has left stacks of dilapidated residential pods nestled into an abandoned cliff side in Taiwan. Its residents long gone, the modernist compound now hosts frenetic combat as players must run atop the pods, as well as navigate their multi-tiered interiors for a strategic edge.
                                      • Frost: Fresh snow meets explosive gunpowder in this snow-capped European city, where the bridge over a frozen canal separates it into two sides, requiring players to employ multi-level traversal strategies to outsmart and ultimately outshoot their enemies.
                                      • Takeoff:  Fans of Stadium from the original Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike DLC will find themselves at home on Takeoff. Marooned in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, this remote launch site is all about close-quarters combat, combining tight corners with open spaces for intense encounters.
                                      • Dig: An adaptation of the fan-favorite Courtyard from Call of Duty: World at War, where two archeological dig sites in Afghanistan become the perfect playground for combatants eager for hectic, unceasing confrontations. Treyarch, has retained the spirit of Courtyard with two major chokepoints, a wide open layout and raised platforms, but has provided fans with a fresh take on the multitude of paths.

Zombies fans are in for something major as well: Origins, a new adventure which takes place in “a Dieselpunk-themed First World War” and stars the original Zombies heroes. Treyarch has been teasing this one for a few days now, but they managed to keep two secrets until today: longtime Zombies fans Avenged Sevenfold, who have supplied music for COD games in the past, have contributed a new song, “Shepherd of Fire,” to the opening cinema of Origins; that will be on their new album, Hail to the King, as well. Also, one of my favorite comic artists, Alex Ross, has created some original art for Origins as well. Here’s a little teaser trailer:

Mark Lamia says Apocalypse is the “grand finale” to Black Ops II. Other platforms will get this content as well, but as usual, DLC appears first on Xbox 360. And if you have a Season Pass, you’ve already paid for this pack, and as soon as it’s released on August 27, you’ll be able to download it and play. Yay!

http://oneofswords.com/2013/08/black-ops-ii-apocalypse-dlc-due-august-27-new-a7x -and-alex-ross-content/