30 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2014 1:38 PM by boybad RSS

Help on improving 4 player strategy on Buried.

Ok so as the title says I would like some help on improving  a strategy. I learned this strategy from a random guy online. We took a stand in the speed cola room with two people watching the staircase and two people watching the window on the other side. We had the An-94 on the wall and the Head Chopping trap set on the wall to help the guys watching the window. Now it was pretty basic but it held up for awhile. After that I was talking with some of my friends online and we tweaked as best we could so let me get your opinion on this part. We built the tramp-a-steam in the building right next to the mystery box and put one on the ledge just outside to fling you back into the speed cola room. This is to allow easy access to a new tramp-a-steam in the middle of a round with out having to walking all the way around. We put the SUV on the wall as its a one shot kill to the head and sine the zombies are more or less line up after coming up the stairs you will be able to kill multiple zombies with one shot. In the later rounds we would have one player use the wonder weapon while player 2 and 3 shoot for the zombies heads with PaP SUV's. We placed two Head choppers by the window and a tramp-a-steam to allow player 4 to easily cover the window  by himself allowing three players to watch the stairs.

Is there anything you guys would change?

What I really need help on is on the later rounds when we get over run I have no idea were send people to train for the rest of round.

• Re: Help on improving 4 player strategy on Buried.
          PFISH1

Having four players run their own trains is tough on this map.  The best training spots I know of are outside of saloon and outside of jail cell.  Obviously, the guy with the paralyzer can pretty much train anywhere.  Three good camping spots are up on top of the bank next to the couch (Do not buy that couch), the juggernog hallway, and I just did a 56-round solo spending most of the time in the saloon upstairs in the hallway where the zombies can only come in through the door and window. 

Things get hairy around round 50 cause it takes like half a clip of PAP'd HAMR to headshot a zombie. 

boybad

Yup keep the courhouse front door closed and stay at the bottom till about 35 you can do longer if you use traps wise, then move to camp at the bar on the top floor. We are going to test QR start with 4 players this weekend.

Definitely the Juggernog hallway works the easiest IMO. 5 steps and your set! Me and my boy will use Leeroy to build ALL of our Buildables on Round 1 or 2 (As it's quicker to use him then have 2 guys run parts).

Anyway:

1. Grab 2 head choppers & put them in the Jug's hallway chest height (so you can crouch under them to get in).

2. Then get 2 Tramplesteam's, put them in the hallway against one wall (so you dont get flung into the pack going in ;) You can just fling out tho!

3. Then get 2 Subsonic's and place them in the back of the hallway, in front of Jug's.

4. Grab a Turbine each and keep them ready, DON'T USE THEM YET! Lolz they're for AFTER your other traps fail and/or guns run out. THEN USE 'EM!!! "Safeguard" in other words. ^_^

And your ready to go forever!!! Muwahahaha! As long as you replace your traps every round or so, depending how on how high of a Round you guys are on. After like 15 I believe, we replace ALL Buildables after every Round if we can. Just keep 1 ZOMBIE "RUNNING" (crawlers die if you go too far away from them) Then, just chuck grenades to blow up your old shiete in the hallway, and go get new ones :)

First post awesomeness if ya axe me!!!! What! .....>_< hahahaha

Forgot to mention, we build SVU and AN-94 at the two "?" spots at the jail, for easy ammo access.

Blazinhydro

Oh and sack off using claymores past 45, they cause problems too! Lol..

But the courthouse is good for when it goes wrong, jugs everyone screwed except paralyser if he reacts quick enough..  Same as the saloons back window can be a nightmare to escape from sometimes.

Just what I've experienced of course, I love sitting at jugs if I'm playing solo for a bit to burn some rounds :)

Oh your spawns are further away at saloon too! Makes it a bit easier sometimes, but takes longer to finish rounds of course :)

rottweiler1111 wrote:

Ok so as the title says I would like some help on improving  a strategy. I learned this strategy from a random guy online. We took a stand in the speed cola room with two people watching the staircase and two people watching the window on the other side. We had the An-94 on the wall and the Head Chopping trap set on the wall to help the guys watching the window. Now it was pretty basic but it held up for awhile. After that I was talking with some of my friends online and we tweaked as best we could so let me get your opinion on this part. We built the tramp-a-steam in the building right next to the mystery box and put one on the ledge just outside to fling you back into the speed cola room. This is to allow easy access to a new tramp-a-steam in the middle of a round with out having to walking all the way around. We put the SUV on the wall as its a one shot kill to the head and sine the zombies are more or less line up after coming up the stairs you will be able to kill multiple zombies with one shot. In the later rounds we would have one player use the wonder weapon while player 2 and 3 shoot for the zombies heads with PaP SUV's. We placed two Head choppers by the window and a tramp-a-steam to allow player 4 to easily cover the window  by himself allowing three players to watch the stairs.

Is there anything you guys would change?

What I really need help on is on the later rounds when we get over run I have no idea were send people to train for the rest of round.

You never said what round you got to.

I don't really watch vids other than EE steps and just recently joined the forums. I'm sure I'm not the only person that discovered the courtroom camping but I sort of developed it on my own from playing.

You don't really need the buildables till mid 50's and we don't join up into a 4 player camp till the mid 30's. so that's 20-25 rounds without stopping for replacements, unless someone needs a break.

up to about 50....one sniper can float between the two guarding the stairs and the Petrifier covering the back rooms. A good player can trigger pull and not over cook it. If he does he can toss a monkey.

Somewhere between 50 and 60, you'll start getting over run at times from the stairs. This is good time to start placing traps and claymores from the back rooms to where the rail turns by Speed Cola. Layer them so no two fire off at the same time....they last longer. After you setup the traps and claymores, everyone goes downstairs and holds the narrow passage between the wall and courtroom rail. The danger in this spot is when the guy up front, kneeling and using the Petrifier ends up in a green mist and you get a spurt of zombies. They can get behind the guy freezing them. This usually happens when someone runs for SVU ammo which is often.

Good cooridination can delay bailing out. The guy with the petrifier needs to call out for monkeys before he shuts down from an over cook. You should start every round with 12 monkeys so it's not hard to keep it cooled down. get a max ammo at the end of every round with Leroy.

Eventually....you'll have to bail out. Either because the Petrifier is cooked or he's down. You can usually pickup a sniper easy...it's when the Petrifer guy goes down that you need to move quickly. If you have monkeys, you just need to make it upstairs and toss one over the rail. If you don't, you need to move as a team. You have 45 seconds so it's not hard but you can't get stuck. By the time you get to the candy shop, most zombies will be behind you. You'll need the MK2 to clear any blocking and make it to the courthouse and revive the downed player. Resume the strategy once he's revived.

A lot is going to depend on skill....weak snipers will make it painfull and you'll be bailing early. If you can't navigate spawning zombies people will go down on the loop.

PM me your gamertag and I'll get you in a game with me and some of my friends sometime.

Blazinhydro

Clearer then my description man :)

Paralyser player can act as an actual barrier strafing left and right (crouched down)

Stops majority of green mist zombies passing, and players with both eyes working can usually pop the slow motion heads off with enough time before their arms swing down

White named player closest to the paralyser guys back too!

I haven't quite noticed if bo2 is the same but those zombies love the white player just a little more then everyone else ;) haha

Can buy half a second reaction time from the zombie, which is an age if you slow it down too!

Very late and waffling so hope it reads ok :p

Blazinhydro wrote:

Clearer then my description man

Paralyser player can act as an actual barrier strafing left and right (crouched down)

Stops majority of green mist zombies passing, and players with both eyes working can usually pop the slow motion heads off with enough time before their arms swing down

Yea....I complain that I can block them but some people turn into a brick and sit still. I really don't like being the guy Paralyzing because I only have one friend that's as good as me with the SVU and poor snipers can turn a great game to **** fast.

Another thing I didn't mention....I go to 2 guns at 35-40. Having the AN94 is one more gun to cycle. I like to be able to quick flip between the Mk2 and SVU. You have to keep an empty fridge to do this. It can save your life....addition by subtraction.

Blazinhydro

Hear this mans words people lol..

I'm usually the paralyser guy, which is taking one for the team definitely.

And to below post,  about looping back to the courthouse.. How do you guys do it?

If your on The ball together everyone can fall out speed cola window. Straight up the stairs to the room with the build table in near jugs.. This is an awesome place to have the turbine built..

3 players hold the resonator during the round (including paralyser guy)

4 th player has turbine.

Paralyser player have resonator out in hands as your going up the stairs next to jug and place everything down super quick near the drop to jugs.. There's only the window up there to watch on the way up.. And it's a good strat for an overheated ww.. Your other two resonators go down as and when you like as the blue electric kicks out the one in use..

Good way to get through rounds too, as your gaining lots of kills before the paralyser overheats (usually 3 times a game or so lol) in the courthouse.. Then finishing the round off with quick spawns at jug, all without too much going on, on screen. Round over..

Pick up res from either saloon on way past, or in courthouse..

Thanks for the nice tips I will definitly be putting them to good use. Unfortinatly I have only gotten to round 30 with this stratgey BUT this is only because one of my friends that I play with regularly who is really good do's not like to play after round 30 and he doesnt want a bunch of downs on his account so we have to end it but we did not have to bail in the first 30 using this stratgy and I feel Like it can get me and my team mates to atlest 60 but I need people who are willing to play for long.

Hey USarmyvet I noticed you said you have the wonder weapon player guarding the windows rather then stair case why is.

Thanks for all the feed back guys and those are some nice strategies IL have to try a few of them out when I get the chance.

What do you guys think about running a train by the fountain in the maze?i

I noticed some on here mentioned the Quick Revive Strategy and it got me thinking.

Do you guys think it would be possible in the later rounds lets say round 56 were holding down the speed cola room it gets hectic and we bail would we have enough time to get in position for the Quick Revive strategy and then when we get over run there set back up in the speed cola room and so on?

rottweiler1111 wrote:

I noticed some on here mentioned the Quick Revive Strategy and it got me thinking.

Do you guys think it would be possible in the later rounds lets say round 56 were holding down the speed cola room it gets hectic and we bail would we have enough time to get in position for the Quick Revive strategy and then when we get over run there set back up in the speed cola room and so on?

Imagine round 56 on Shangra La with tunnels 50% smaller.

You don't want to run up the tunnel while they are spawning. It's easier to loop around back to the courthouse.

You'll get over run pretty fast in the quick revive room at 56 without SVU ammo on the wall. For that reason alone...it's not worth the risk of getting pinched in the tunnels.

boybad

We have done runs to 40 with 3 and 4 players testing out a few good strategies.

QR seems to be the safest place to hold in to high rounds but man that place is slow for spawns so is the bar (unless front doors are closed in the bar), we found it a bit faster in the courthouse top floor holding side each or 2players on each side, we did this around 38-39 without issues just had traps by the SC. We will attempt a few full party 50 runs so anyone else found anything fast and safe we can try?

XxTACOTIMExX

Forget the courthouse. Yes, it's good, but the saloon is so much better IMO.

Here's the game plan:

Indubitably, some one needs the paralyzer. Either have the 'lucky' player take one for the team or cycle through players. Seems to take too long though. -_-

Don't open the doors to the saloon. Use the trample steam to get up there.

Place the SVU-AS up there as well. If you've got unskilled or inexperienced snipers, play it safe and go with the AN-94. Snipers make it much faster and funner (and it's much safer if you've got skilled snipers).

One part I must stressed is…honestly, don't use the traps. They completely defeats the purpose of the game. You get to round 50 and some of you haven't even breached 1,000 kills. Plus, you've got that 'ANIM ERROR' to worry about.

It's flawless. It's got a great escape at the back of the hallway. It's perfect for 1-4 player (the more, the considerably merrier).

Hope this helped. Courthouse seems to be over rated, as it gets overrun by the mid-30s.