5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2013 2:51 AM by TRU11 RSS

Hardcore Crossbowing...

philla_killa

Does anyone else like using the Crossbow in Hardcore game modes?  I just recently got into playing HC Domnation and the crossbow has to to be the most challenging, yet fun weapon to use in that game mode. One thing I've really noticed is that it's really helped improve my accuracy and my reaction time in CQB situations because I basically have one chance to kill my opponent before they spray me down. It also nice when I'm able to take out a group of enemies with just a single crossbow stick. 

• Re: Hardcore Crossbowing...
          TRU11

put dual band on it and have fun is my advice.

philla_killa

I actually run it naked so I can have 2 C4s/Combat Axes on my class. Im not a big fan of the optics on the crossbow because I do just fine with iron sights and I think the optics block too much for my liking. Especially with the Dual band and Variable Zoom. 

I could see Dual band being useful on maps like Cargo or Drone, though, so I may make a class with that just to have on hand and see how it goes.

TRU11

i like to use dualband with smoke.

if someone is on B throw it there and then its easy to kill them .

its a great combination to use and it gives you more range to see people through the smoke.

B spot on yemen is fun to use hahhaha.

but yeah on the smaller maps your set up is better though.

philla_killa

I'm going have to try the smoke/dual band combo then.

One thing I'm trying to land is an across map crossbow stick/kill by shooting it straight up into the air.  On a lot of maps, it traves about 2/3rds of the way and will still explode on contact.  I'm still trying to find some good spots, most of the time I'm just shooting a couple in the air from different spots and I go and check it in theater mode afterwards.  The best spot I've found, so far, is on grind from A flag spawn and it goes through the ceiling opening and lands right at the main entrance toward B flag from C flag.