28 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2013 1:49 PM by SlyFire01 RSS

Matchmaking is still god awful

SlyFire01

Well I quit BO2 for a while because of how long it takes to start a game, I come back on for a little while and it took longer to find a match than the actual game time was. So then I decide to put the old MW3 disc in and try a game, and guess what? Instant matches. Seriously. What the hell Treyarch? How has it not been fixed? Stop nerfing/buffing guns and fix the damn matchmaking!

And yes, I have a season pass which is probably the reason, in which case Treyarch needs to add the option to disable dlc.

Yes, I know there are many threads on this already, but I don't feel like necroing. :]

• Re: Matchmaking is still god awful
          rsturp

i feel your pain, the lobbys seem to take ages to start up always putting people on different teams then if one guy backs out it resets full lobby, ive been waiting like 5mins for a game before and then within 2 min of the game starting the host backed out and the game lagged out.

Matchmaking is broken !!!

If i try to find a game on my own with no party i get into a lobby right away. It usually throws me into a game that is already started though. Sometimes i get lucky but the point is i get put into games quickly. Now if i add just 1 person to my party and try to play with a friend and then do a search for the same game type it can sit there and just analyze for minutes. I have waited 5-10 minutes at times to get into a game when with a party. Its ridiculous...

Can anyone out there explain why it takes so long to find a game when you are grouped up as opposed to being alone? even if its just with 1 other person and a bunch of lobbies are open and have plenty of slots available but it still wont put me in those games. I know this because ive tested it out , i would party up try to find a game let it sit there for 3-5 min and then back out disband the party and try to find a game solo and it throws me right into one and there are like 4-5 more spots open... Freaking retarded...

otisman666

Yeah, we don't even play with the DLC enabled and it still takes quite some time to get a game going.  All of us have had the same experience, when playing solo = quick game, when playing partied up = really slow times finding games.

At this point the devs have to be aware of the issue and are either trying to fix it, can't fix it or are writing off the game.

robrod

What I have found works for me, and this works when I have a party of 3 or more, is start searching. If the game searching text starts saying searching for game 1 of 50 or whatever, I back out and start again. If you do that about 3 or 4 times you will get one that searches 1 of 15 or some low number like that. It works, I get party lead every time because my friends dont want to spend the time doing all of that. Its literally hitting the A button a few times to search for your game. If the count says 50 hit B, bring party, then spam A again until you either see 1 of 15 or 1 of 50, then either wait or hit B and rinse and repeate. I find games with parties of up to 6 in like 30-60 seconds doing this. Hopefully this helps at least a bit

robrod

Oh and I have video of my clan and I in a lobby that tarts out for about 3 minutes while people join then leave. I would put it on the internet to show people, but I know everyone has experienced it so I decided not to waste peoples time by trying to shove it down their throat. But yea this is annoying

yovlud

Matchmaking is fine...it gives us the opportunity to sit in a pregame lobby with 11 players for about 20 minutes and be able to talk about stuff instead of actually playing the game.

YourAverageRusher675

It has the worst matchmaking I have ever seen in any COD games, even more worse than MW3. Thats why I switched to BF3 and don't regret it. Although I will play BO2 zombies, and can't wait for Apocolyspe to come out for PS3.

otisman666

YourAverageRusher675 wrote:

It has the worst matchmaking I have ever seen in any COD games, even more worse than MW3. Thats why I switched to BF3 and don't regret it. Although I will play BO2 zombies, and can't wait for Apocolyspe to come out for PS3.

See this is the problem right here.  With all of these problems, people are still buying the DLC.  Doesn't everyone realize that by buying the DLC, you are basically telling them that everything is fine and you are so happy you wish to buy more of their stuff?

Man, I wonder if MW4....err Ghosts is going to be the same.

robrod

Well, the good outweighs the bad. That is why I will continue to purchase DLC. Yea I still complain here and there. But come on, who doesnt enjoy a good duty session that lasts hours with their friends. Its still a fun game. And I dont want to miss out on the new fun. The Devs hear our complaining. They just dont do anythign about it. Not buying the DLC isnt going to do anything unless a mass majority boycotted it. Which probably will never happen.

this is true, but all you can do is look out after yourself, and others will eventually follow, when they get sick of the shotty mechanics, and when they add up the money spent it = to buying 2 or 3 cod titles in one year.. most of which they are just recycling previous maps re skining them, and calling it something else.. which is fine if those maps were free, since technically we bought those maps from the title before, but  players are buying the same game over and over

and guess what happens next? a new cod come out, everyone moves on to that new title, and all the money spent on the old is wasted

robrod

Sure is. I only have a 20gb HD so when the new COD comes out, I just delete all the map packs I bought and move on to the next one. Now that you mention that it kind of angers me lol. The old maps being recycled should be dealt with in the sense of a reduced price. Because yea, they do change up the textures and looks, but its pretty much an easy way out of creating a whole new level. I am sure there is more to it than just changing the pretty colors, but it still should be a map pack that costs half the amount of the old one. Like I said, I complain too, but it still is the best and only game I have played for days and days on end. But what you said was very true.

otisman666

RobRod:

Trust me, we continue to play COD, but not this mess of a game.  I was part of the last of the hold-outs from our group.  But I guess it has been since late May, we all just gave up on it and went back to the older games.  You know, COD:4 is still fun (rare that you see hacks, but every once in a while you do) and when you get a decent sized group 9 or more, you throw in MW3 and get them all in to an infection lobby.

Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of good / great things that came out of BO 2 (pick 10, objective weighting, etc...), but IMO, they definitely don't outweigh the bad.  Just go back and play some of the older titles and you will see.

As long as their game is designed so you can only play with people who have the exact same combination of DLC, the DLC is worthless. They are basically forcing you to pay 120$ for their game for simple things like maps which used to always come with the 50$ games. And you are bending over and taking it because you want to have fun on the new levels.

Maybe I should go into business designing half-assed video games. Seems like a good, submissive market.

veilofmaya

dont lie bro...why would you come here and chat in cod forums if you dont play?

SlyFire01

Bump...

SlyFire01

B.b.b.bump.

deamonomic

SlyFire01 wrote:

B.b.b.bump.

just letting you know meaningless bumps are against the rules. Im not saying this to be a **** or anything. but the mods will not look kindley upon bumping. If you have something to add thats different.

SlyFire01

Well seeing as it's quite serious how people can't play a game which they've spent hundreds of dollars on (game+season pass+editions+etc), I don't think they'll mind a couple "meaniningless" bumps. Especially since we the consumers pay for servers which these forums run on, which which the moderators moderate. Also seeing as it has been hours (or a day, depending on how you count time) it should be trivial at most.

I'm going to keep bumping until the problem is fixed. It's not like oh hey, nerf this gun!@!@ It's"I can't play this game because you did something to F*** me over, since I had no issue when the game first came out.

deamonomic

SlyFire01 wrote:

Well seeing as it's quite serious how people can't play a game which they've spent hundreds of dollars on (game+season pass+editions+etc), I don't think they'll mind a couple "meaniningless" bumps. Especially since we the consumers pay for servers which these forums run on, which which the moderators moderate. Also seeing as it has been hours (or a day, depending on how you count time) it should be trivial at most.

I'm going to keep bumping until the problem is fixed. It's not like oh hey, nerf this gun!@!@ It's"I can't play this game because you did something to F*** me over, since I had no issue when the game first came out.

okay, just letting you know they wont really care. if you keep trying to bump it, you risk a temp ban and your thread being shut down. I have let you know, its now in your hands. its better to think something up to put in there, an update, I played so many games today and it was this bad, or something like that rather then bump alone.

SlyFire01

I don't even bother with the game on a daily basis anymore because it is THAT BAD. Honestly. I probably try it out once or twice a week at (assumed) peak hours.

And I know, the mods are heartless (insert bad name here)s, but still. I'm not trying to appease mods I'm trying to get the attention of developers and if that means risking a ban to bump a thread with issues regarding the game which many people are having, so be it. It was worth it.

God man I feel ya try playing to get guns in gold (Only really the Chicom CQB). Trying to deal with server lag and fackin' dropshoters everywhere you go. Treyarch and CoD needs to fix this crap engine from 2000 it is really bad and stop with all the gun debuffing and buffing other overpowered guns it is'nt helping. Anyways what im trying to say that they need to just stop and redesign this crap put on a disc. Too much variants to delay you from online challenges.

I feel the matchmaking could use some help myself. I consistently get lobbies with multiple geographies which negatively impacts hit detection in a big way. Last night for example, approximately 9pm central US time, in core Dom which had the second highest player count to TDM I landed in a lobby as a solo player that consisted of Peruvian opponents.

First time ever facing Peruvians in all the years of CoD online play to my knowledge. These guys were invincible despite their break even numbers and lower SPM than yours truly.

I would consider 9p plus Dom a fairly easy time to find a decent lobby. Or used to until empirically I was proven incorrect.

P.S. Nat Open, Xbox in DMZ, search Best etc.

Best solution:

get rid of matchmaking. get real servers. allow us to choose games we enter. No more matchmaking required.