29 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 11:08 PM by EliteKing RSS

My Ode To The DSR-50 (Sniping Montage)

EliteKing

In my humble opinion, the DSR-50 is hands down the best Sniper Rifle in any CoD to date. I started playing Call Of Duty multiplayer on World At War back on the Wii and when i would snipe the weapon of choice was the Mosin Nagant. In MWR, it was the R700 and in Black Ops it was the L96A1 and in MW3 it was the MSR.  So i can say ive been around the block when it comes to sniping and out of any and all snipers, the DSR-50 i rank at to top.

the handling and power is unmatched when you go toe to toe with any other Sniper. insta kill anywhere above the waist.

i dont use any attachments on my class, i think its pointless. i dont need the Ball cpu cuz im 100% wiimote and i manipulate the sway to my advantage. the default scope is just fine too.

im double perked with LW, FJ, CB, Tough, TM and XCon. no 2ndary, just a diamond knife.

I hope you guys enjoy it!

what sniper rifle setup do you use?

my settings are as followed...

controls:

button layout, bravo

aim style, pre, cen, dis, pre

cam speed, 40-25-40-25

sens, 20-8-25-15

dead zones, make a perfect diamond, both of them

gesture, off

ads reach, 33 (props to GermanicMexican)

ICSA, dis

weap pick, inventory button

• Re: My Ode To The DSR-50
          barolb

I liked 1:11's clip. That was pretty nice. 2:20's clip could have been so awesome! I hate when that happens and you're so close to getting a really awesome clip I always freakout whenever i see so many players grouped together X_X

Agreed about not using attachments. I find it easier to snipe with the Wii Remote without any attachments, but personally i've begun to like silencer + variable zoom on the DSR. It's a weird combination, but it's kind of a cool one. I find it easier to snipe with the DSR when using it as opposed to no attachments, actually.

Try Lightweight, Toughness and Dexerity for a sniping class. Put on a shotgun with overkill and you have the ultimate upclose and far away class O_o

btw, check your skype. I've been sending you messages on status updates for clip gathering.

EliteKing

thanks man lol.

yeah, i can prestige a snipe rifle without any 2nd thoughts just cuz i know im not going to lose anything.

ive tried the silencer on the DSR and its not my cup of tea.  sometimes i'll get a hitmarker somehow and it'll end up costing my my life.  the vari zoom is meh, it dosent tickle my fancy that much.  i love the default scope, idk why i just do.

i had a HC class like that in WAW, with a M1 Garand, scoped with a type 100 overkilled.  i like dex, but i gotta have my tac mask, maybe i'll take off xcon to use dex for a little bit...although i cant rush to the opening sniping spots if i dont have it...

got nothing on skype, if you pm me though the game i will get it, like i did today, i recorded your saved clips and put them in the Baro folder.  are your messages circling?  if so, then they wont get to me...

BlackMetroid95

Ahh King, nice vid, now i wanna play with you

I use Ballista, i like its quick ADS time compared to the others. Im that kind of stationary sniper, you know, a REAL one (not to offend or anything) I use Ghost, Coldblooded and Tac Mask, with Ballistics CPU and Variable Zoom. Attachments really help, however i tried it without attachments like you say and its better.

EliteKing

thanks BMet!

the ballista is awesome too, i saved that gun as last for my diamond camo.  i got some epic triple and quad feeds with the Ball.

in my book...if a person uses a sniper rifle to kill, that person is a sniper.  no matter what the tactic employed, it boils down to the kill.  hard, quick, drag and non scoped kills all come from a sniper.

i used to be a immovable sniper, but in BO2, everybody spawns behind you if you are 1 spot for too long...so i gotta keep movin so i can keep on groovin!

nintendon't

Ballista Iron Sights all day every day. It's very tough to use but also extremely satisfying, especially when some SMG inbred is hipfiring at you and you take him down in one clean smooth shot. Ahh...

The DSR is kinda meh, it has a nice one hit area but handles too slowly for my tastes. The XPR is much better since you can spam shots and the one hit area is only slightly smaller.

ThtGyNTheBckgrnd

I have 4 classes with sniper rifles. DSR with laser and extended clip. I use lightweight, toughness and tactical mask as perks. On all 4 classes i use combat axes and tac inserts. My ballista class is pretty much the same, but i use fast hands instead of toughness. My xpr class is a bit messed up right now because im going for 50 kills with no perks. I have acog, extended clip and fmj on. My last class is my favourite for sniping. I have the DSR with extended clip and the Ballista with dual band using overkill. The perks I use are lightweight, fast hands and dexterity.

Great vid btw. I know what sniping with a wiimote is like from playing waw and black ops, so ive just avoided wiimote sniping in this game

I'm currently using the Ballista ACOG for my sniping setup. It's actually not that bad, especially with the Ranger reticle. That little open circle in the middle is a neat fit for the heads of enemies at longer ranges 

But once Iron Sights is unlocked...aah, it's going to be WaW all over again.

• Re: My Ode To The DSR-50 (Sniping Montage)
                        M4GNUM

I get VERY happy when I see someone using a bolt action, so thank you. I've got my snipers diamond and typically run the Ball. I run it naked as well. Might have to go back to the DSR for a bit (I do like the smaller scope). Something about the settings makes the ACOG a pain in my opinion for this game. Complete reversal from MW3 where I was MSR ACOG. Man I was in love with that gun. I can't stand semi-auto snipers - too much spamming. The RSASS in MW3 made me rage (it's a sniper, not a machine gun).

I've also noticed you can't stick around long in BO2, but I'm not great at quickscoping (I die from an SMG before I even get ADS'd half way) so I stick in certain spots.

If you ever feel generous, maybe pass along your wiimote settings for sniping. Many don't snipe just because it takes forever to tweak settings. Even then it can be wonky. I hope someday we can have wiimote settings specific to a class. Changing in-game sucks.

Now that this game has gotten fairly stale, even though my KDR takes a hit (but I could care less)...sniping is the only joy I have left on multiplayer.

Nice vid.

EliteKing

yeah the ACOG is pure crap in this game.

in BO2, if you stay in an area for a little bit, there is a huge chance that the entire enemy team will spawn behind you.

i think this was done to prevent camping but its gotten pretty recockulous.

quickscoping is an aquired taste, you just gotta practice, practice, practice till you can get it. each sniper rifle has its own pull up speeds so watch out for that.

as far as my settings go, here they are:

starting with controls:

button layout, bravo

aim style, pre, cen, dis, pre

cam speed, 40-25-40-25

sens, 20-8-25-15

dead zones, make a perfect diamond, both of them

gesture, off

ads reach, 33 (props to GermanicMexican)

ICSA, dis

weap pick, inventory button

imma post this in the top of the thread too

like2nap03

Nice montage.  Making it look easy.  I never took the time to learn how to snipe in this game.  I probably won't either.  Never was very good at it and the controls are so wonky for sniping.  Maybe I'll try it again in the next game, but it never was my cup of tea.