23 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2013 10:44 PM by SSHereticSS RSS

Call Of Duty Ghost Wii U Pre-order

Snowyday

I got some great news here you can now Pre-order Call Of Duty Ghost Wii U and it comes with Free Fall

http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/wheretobuy

• Re: Call Of Duty Ghost Wii U Pre-order
          barolb

WOW! And to think they finally added it. Great job Activision. The 0% faith i had in Ghosts on Wii U is now at 1%. Quite the step up IMO, especially since i lost total faith too.

Snowyday

They added it after the event

Padiego

Now there's a new issue.....

Last year there was like 400 people online at launch.

Okay.....that grew to a steady 800. But a lot of people have quit CoD on nintendo. So.....our community has actually gotten smaller....I guess....Let's assume it has....

That means there will be only around....what....500 people at launch? One of those 500, let's say 300 preordered. That's going to be a lagfest....TDM will be the only playable gamemode.

What do? SPREAD THE WORD. TELL THE WORLD THAT OUR BODIES ARE FINALLY GOING TO RECIEVE DLC!!

Snowyday

Yeah tell all Nintendo players

barolb

Nope. Wasn't talking about DLC really. Nothing has changed in that regard

http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/wheretobuy/freefall

Q. When will Free Fall be available for me to play?

A. The Free Fall downloadable bonus map will be available for download when Call of Duty: Ghosts releases worldwide on November 5, 2013 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. The Free Fall downloadable bonus map also will be included with next generation versions Xbox One and PS4. Release dates for these systems have not yet been announced. We will have more specifics on the availability of next-gen platforms upon their announcement.

The fact that they added it to the pre order page is a major change compared to MW3 Wii. They didn't bother adding it with MW3 Wii. The fact that its being ported by Treyarch again and is added was quite the nice change, but once again, that 99% of disbelief won't change unless i see some actual change. This doesn't confirm freefall for the Wii U version; nor does it confirm the prestige and hardened editions for the version either. 1% belief and 99% disbelief is still better than 100% disbelief, so they have that going for me at least. Its shows that this time they're willing to do something about it (Activision/Infinity Ward).

M4GNUM

1) When I preoredered in person at GameStop, I was assured I'd get Free Fall when I pick up the game (Wii U).

2) It is still on their preorder page

Those two things are all I know. I will know those 2 things and only those 2 things until I pick up the game. No need to speculate until I actually have it in hand. Speculation wastes everyone's time and causes needless arguments.

WiimotesRus02

M4GNUM wrote:

1) When I preoredered in person at GameStop, I was assured I'd get Free Fall when I pick up the game (Wii U).

2) It is still on their preorder page

Those two things are all I know. I will know those 2 things and only those 2 things until I pick up the game. No need to speculate until I actually have it in hand. Speculation wastes everyone's time and causes needless arguments.

How about preordering on the basis that the game works for everyone for a change. Fvck the dlc and the preorder maps..

M4GNUM

Well yeah...lol...that's a given. I just have more faith in 3arc porting IW developments than I do 3arc porting their own.

WiimotesRus02

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

M4GNUM wrote:

No need to speculate until I actually have it in hand. Speculation wastes everyone's time and causes needless arguments.

Ok, speculate this, you preorder, hoping for the best, you get nothing you hoped for and the company has your money, what next? Will you next year do the same thing and let this BS carry on, or will you learn today??

M4GNUM

You say "will you learn today" as if you know, without a doubt, some information.

You don't. You only have condescending speculation.

I've already stated that if we don't get DLC with Ghosts that I'm done. I've already said that there is a part of me that is taking all of this with a grain of salt. I've already said that I give Activision a pass on BO2 DLC because it was a new game on a new console with rushed launch dates.

Just wait and see for crying out loud. If we get DLC or not...who the hell knows - most certainly not you. So just wait. The last thing we need is people not buying the game which means less players because someone is pulling speculation out of their @$$.

WiimotesRus02

M4GNUM wrote:

The last thing we need is people not buying the game which means less players because someone is pulling speculation out of their @$$.

Ok, calm down, you think I have influence here? I'm just letting my feelings be known, its my right. BO2 has done that much damage, its not in my interest to buy new, I couldn't give a rats ass about the numbers increasing here if the game doesn't work for everyone. Its the right thing to do. You just don't keep buying a car from the same garage if the previous cars keep breaking down, well maybe you do, I can't speak for you, I just speak for common sense..

Edit, let me put it this way, activision/treyarch have had a big talk with nintendo and have agreed to give us dlc, whats stopping them from sharing the good news with us?

And right here, in this forum, FAQ section, YOU find me where it says WiiU, along with all the other consoles will be getting the pre-order map.

http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/wheretobuy/freefall

M4GNUM

I don't need to calm down, I'm fine. It is your right to say whatever you want, I just think you're being irresponsible with this supposed sense of condescending confidence that you know something 100%. You don't. Your guess is guiding that. My guess is guiding my opinion. Just guesses...that's why I said to not speculate everything and just wait until the game gets here. Your last comment has been a complaint of mine since day one...no marketing. The Wii U has never had anything other than a forum section (and even then it came late). So Activision not saying something in regards to the Wii U can't really tell you much one way or the other. If they've ALWAYS said we had DLC and then we didn't, then you can gripe. But they haven't (which is their way out by the way)...so I don't think you can make decisions on the basis of lack of marketing. Just. Wait. Until. The. Game. Comes. Out. Then yell or cheer.

ThtGyNTheBckgrnd

Im not buying, or at least not new. Probably will pick it up around Boxing Day. We're going to get screwed over again so id rather not pay full price for it

PenguinAvenger

Thing is, Gamestop is not the one that gives the Free Fall map, the company that makes the game does.  So every retail can say whatever they want, but unless the actual game company states something is happening, you should assume it isn't.

Edit: I'm not saying its absolutely not happening, I'm just saying that at this very moment it has not been confirmed for the Wii U.

barolb

I just think it's suspicious that their FAQ isn't updated; their support centre can't really answer DLC related questions about the Wii U version (they are always told last about things). Being reassured means nothing if the source can't say it themself. I'm just throwing that out there.

It's like this. There is a Person A, Person B, and Person C. Person A puts a cat in a box. Person A asks Person B if the cat is alive or not. Person C is only allowed to suggest their answer to Person B. Person C tells Person B that the cat is alive. Person B believes Person C. Is Person C correct? This cannot be determined. Why? Person C was only allowed to suggest their answer to Person B. Nowhere does it say that Person A told Person C of the correct answer.

This is what i'm talking about. If GameStop is Person C, and you are Person B, if Activision themselves (Person A) does not say it specifically, then you cannot say it's true with 100% validity. At most it's 50-50. PenguinAvenger has the right idea. As long as Activision doesn't update their FAQ, advertise it through a third party (TV, internet, commercials, etc) or state whether or not Freefall is coming to Wii U, they can claim that Freefall being listed on the website under pre orders was a mistake. In other words, you can't say for certain whether Freefall is confirmed for Wii U or not until they advertise it or update their FAQ. If they advertise it, they risk getting sued over false advertisement if it's not included. Not saying anything and letting people speculate is the best strategy, but on the other hand it can be the greatest fall. They want people to speculate it will be good, not bad. I'm speculating it will be bad, thus i'm following their strategy's one of two possible outcomes.

SO no your way out i just logged off y wii u and BO2 had 1900 online  peak hours we  hit 3k 3.5 k ive seen 4-5k on dub XP weekend PC right now 10k avarg online  wii u BO2 had a 10% attach rate on wii u they made a profit just not a huge one or ghosts would never have been made for wii u imjust happy i can hold off 1.5 yrtill wii u tech is passed andthen pay 150 lessfor my PSxbox14 TBA after i see how broke on or the other is

baby steps, no one has said anything about the rest of the dlc, so lets go with baby steps. which i will say is a good thing

like2nap03

Snowyday wrote:

I got some great news here you can now Pre-order Call Of Duty Ghost Wii U and it comes with Free Fall

http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/wheretobuy

"Current selection is unavailable in your region."

Wow I was giggling and screeching and couldn't wait BUT apparently it's unavailable in my region which is United States. But hey still happy you can pre order kinda wished that they would've mentioned it a t the event so people actually know call of duty exists on wii u:/