7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2013 2:49 AM by dtuchpunk RSS

The battle between BF vs CoD. Dice vs IW

AVG219

So the new trailer had some aspects that BF4 is having, dynamic maps, specializing characters, blowing up walls, dog tag scenes, and other stuff. But its not really copying. I mean its like saying Destiny is copying Halo, Saints Row is copying GTA. There the same type game, but it has different aspects. I mean just because IW took a page from Dices book, doesnt mean everyone nedds to **** on it. BF and CoD or both FPS games, there are way more FPS games than just these too, so why are people getting mad about this. CoD is its own thing. BF is its own thing. CoD is having way better stuff now, like the dynamic mas, letting you play as a girl with huge tits, more guns, perks, killstreaks, letting you have a pet dog biting the **** out of everyone near you. BF has bigger maps, mobile compatibility, bigger explosions. People need to realize that CoD and BF are just two games that are trying to make the best FPS out there. There competing, everyone knows that, every person, TV channel, Movie, Computer company, anything with 2 or more companies or people are competing, its life. Just enjoy the game you enjoy. If you think BF is better, play BF, if you like CoD better, play CoD. If you honestly dont give a **** and love both of the games, like me, play both. You can have your opinions about the two games, but just stop with the arguing. Nobody gives a damn.

• Re: The battle between BF vs CoD. Dice vs IW
          A Canadian

People who are strictly Team BF or Team COD are denying themselves fun FPS gameplay in either game by only being one or the other. It's a joke. Play what you enjoy, and if others like a game because of some reason, who cares? I'll be buying both games and playing both and having fun doing so. I like the genre and always have but to be "oh BF is the best and COD sucks" or vise-versa is now just a 12 year old mentality. 

iivrruummii

Halo series is the best ever made.

Submit2MyWill

People get butthurt/territorial about strange things.

I enjoyed COD until Black Ops, dropped out of the series, and went and played BF:BC2 and then BF3.

Now, with Ghosts, I'm coming back, but still getting BF4.

They're both very different games, and I'm not sure why people try to compare them or get upset about one game borrowing features from another.

RunAndGun1

Submit2MyWill wrote:

People get butthurt/territorial about strange things.

I enjoyed COD until Black Ops, dropped out of the series, and went and played BF:BC2 and then BF3.

Now, with Ghosts, I'm coming back, but still getting BF4.

They're both very different games, and I'm not sure why people try to compare them or get upset about one game borrowing features from another.

Agree with everything you said. BF and COD are similar only in that they are warfare based games. Outside of that they are completely different experiences. Apples and oranges.

I, too, will probably be getting both BF4 and Ghosts. Both look exciting. I'm loving what are clearly better maps in Ghosts. On Whiteout, there are clearly multiple lines of sight for snipers. Whereas in BO2, the maps maybe had 2-4 lines of sight for snipers. I hardly snipe in BO2, but I think I will try to snipe more in Ghosts.

dtuchpunk

It's still the same as apples vs peers. They're both fruit.

The BF vs COD is about modern day shooters.  There are more modern day shooters around.

I've played BF also. Like the campaign but the MP isn't just my thing. 

They're both great games. Both with unique stuff so comparing isn't possible. Even COD's can't be compared