12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2013 7:15 AM by darkplaces28 RSS

So how about a Beta Infinity Ward?

I am a long time COD player and have been through every Multiplayer that has been in this series. Got pretty excitied at what i saw yesterday during the reveal. Then i got to thinking a little, watching some of the live MP from the event again. Got me thinking on a few things and wondering at just how good this game is going to be.

Some of the standouts that i was seeing were things like the Time to kill, 2 shot to the knee SMG kills, off target hit markers and kills. Things of that nature. What worried me even more was this was happening on a LAN event with no online connections as i am aware.

Now i am not saying this game is going to be bad in any way shape or form. It could very well be the best COD of all time. Or it could become a lag infested, rage induced Black ops 2.5 and we all know the community does not want to go there.

So here is my plea, Give us a proper 10 day beta. lets see if we can possibly solve any issues before they arise online. It will give the devs time to tweak and test on a large scale. Imo COD 4 and World at war were better games for there time because of the beta's the had. Same went for BF3.

Thought?

codchamp
        • Test #1
          Re: So how about a Beta Infinity Ward?

The tour is their beta.

Last Edited: Aug 15, 2013 11:49 AM
          • Test #1

It would be nice.

But the community is tremendously large. How would they go about it? Would it just be an open beta? Would it be a lottery?

Those who participate... how would they get feedback? Who would they listen to?

I do think they Beta test more than we know, but in controlled environments.

Would I like to see a Beta? Sure.. but I just am not sure the logistics are feasible for a title of this magnitude.

Last Edited: Aug 15, 2013 12:47 PM
              • Test #1

Even though Battlefield isn't as big, they've found ways to run betas. It doesn't need to be one literally anyone and everyone can join, just make it so that certain members can make it, ie a lottery type thing (like the latest Batman multiplayer beta), make it that Season Pass owners can get access or something (like Battlefield 3 premium giving access to Battlefield 4's beta), etc. There are lots of ways, and sure, many players (most, actually) wouldn't be able to participate probably, but having one that let more players participate and give feedback shouldn't be too much for IW to handle. Especially considering the size and resources that IW/Treyarch have. But it's not a deal breaker of course, like others have said. But who knows, maybe there are more reasons why they won't do it, because I'm sure they've heard the calls since the last time there was a public beta (World at War). Maybe they don't have time lol

Last Edited: Aug 15, 2013 8:03 PM
              • Test #1

You've been around long enough to know Kotick doesn't do betas. Shame because it could have saved MW2.

Last Edited: Aug 15, 2013 1:01 PM
                • Test #1

They won't do a beta because no matter how bad the game is broken they still will break record sales and laugh their way to the bank. They don't care about the customer. They care about implementing gimmick ideas that grab out attention and lead us like zombies to the store to buy every year in November. I'm guilty of falling for it every year too.

Last Edited: Aug 16, 2013 7:15 AM