21 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2013 12:38 PM by Steve2589 RSS

Field Orders

Steve2589

What are you opinions on these field orders? Personally I don't think I like the sound of them unless you can only have 1 field order completed per game. They all seem pretty easy and at the end you get a care package which is ridiculous in my opinion. Instead you should get extra XP or in game score or something rather than a care package. This just means there's going to be loads of care packages being thrown everywhere.

Also on one of the maps the first player to complete their field order gets a KEM strike which destroys the map and wipes out the enemy team. Extremely cheap if you ask me. What are your thoughts?

• Re: Field Orders

I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping they just kept it easy for the event and doesn't reflect how easy it is going to be come release.  Afterall, there were a lot of pros and youtubers at the event.  Come public matches, it could get out of hand, very fast.  I would also like to see the field orders give bonus xp or squad points, and potentially count towards a challenge for some character customization things.  I mean the majority of the gameplays released to youtube were people getting a KEM on strikezone playing cranked, can't imagine how YouTube will blow up come release. And while I'm on the topic, where is the other gameplay? Where's the TDM, Dom, and S&R? I was very dissapointed that barely anyone covered S&R.

WolfRidge

If the streaks are hard earned I haven't got a problem.  The problem for me is can some of the community be trusted with it? Boosting possibilities maybe be increased! Does anyone know if the tac-insert is in Ghosts?

I like the idea of destroying the map

Can the community be trusted with anything fun?  Whenever they add something challenging and exciting, the community always finds ways to ruin it, thus negating the pride of completing said challenge.  Hopefully they removed tac insert.  Without theatre mode, it will be a bit harder to catch the cheaters, glitchers, and boosters.  At least without tac insert, boosting becomes way more difficult.

And I, too, like the idea of destroying the map, but to get 6 free kills along with the destruction for knifing someone from behind or killing someone while prone, would be a bit cheap.

dtuchpunk

It's a bit like the contracts only you've to pick it up and complete it.

The ones they showed where al easy ones. And gettin a CP for it. Why not just some extra xp.

Something like that should not interfere with gameplay

Steve2589

Yeah you can just imagine it can't you. You're on a streak doing really well and then all of a sudden another care package comes in and wipes you out. I think the map getting destroyed is really cool and I don't mind that. What I do mind is that it wipes out the whole enemy team. It's like a MOAB out of a care package except it's specific to that map as an 'event'. And since it's obtained by the first player who completes that field order it will be called in every game

And it could be by a guy who is 1-8, because he picked up the briefcase and got lucky.  found a guy who wasn't playing, so he could knife him from behind.  Boom!  Goodbye killstreak that you were actually working for.

Steve2589

Exactly. I think we need someone to clear this up a bit but that's what it seems like at the moment. My theory is that perhaps the strike targets the middle of the map and anyone there gets killed .I'd be ok with this, because that 5 second countdown could give me enough time to move to the edge of the map since that map is really small

The general theory is that field orders are going to be much more difficult come release, and that they just have them set easy now for the reveal.  As for the strike itself, I think it kills everyone on the enemy team since it levels the whole map.

Steve2589

Yeah we shall see I know they will tweak the game before it launches but the field orders need to be a lot harder. Get 5 headshots in a row for example would be better than kill an enemy in the back

There's often at least one glaring thing that's put into the game that tends to be a really negative aspect of it, making you wonder how it made it into the game... Martyrdom in Call of Duty 4, OP everything in MW2 and deathstreaks and the nuke, everything about MW3 (lol sort of joking, but deathstreaks again?!, lethal support streaks, the MOAB, etc.). I mean it's not minor things like balancing (like the Famas and AK74u in Black Ops 1), but blatantly bad things. Hopefully Ghosts doesn't have that problem with things like Field Orders and a few other issues people bring up (Wiretap is a potential issue). Or that they get fixed soon.

biron_w

I just hope they make field orders a lot harder for the actual released game.

And I think the KEM strike is available on a few maps but it was only on one map for the reveal.

vims1990

You know, I do like how the map changes after the KEM strike but I don't think it should kill everyone on the opposing team just for one challenge.

I would rather give the team who earns the KEM strike "Double XP" for the rest of the match as a reward.

scotland-rules

They probably will be more challenging or statistically more challenging meaning you only have a "Blah" percent chance of getting an easy one, a bit like the care package you only have like a 7% chance of getting one of the high end top kill streaks.

I like the idea as it adds a twist but I would have preferred if this didn't appear in the standard TDM and maybe only appeared in Objective gamemodes such as Kill Confirmed, Domination etc.

I like the idea but I hope they are more challenging. I'd also like to see getting the new Nuke type killstreak be unavailable via the filed orders care package. As I believe it should be reserved for people who earn it.

Steve2589

As basketball1367 said the KEM strike will actually be a lot rarer in the shipped game according to Twitter (one of the IW employees). My guess is it's super easy to get right now because they are just trying to show it off.

Also I heard that the field orders can only be completed once per game but I don't know for sure it might be a rumour. If this is true then that makes it a lot better in my opinion otherwise if loads of field orders are completed loads of care packages will be called in. Anyone know if that's true or not? I don't have a Twitter account to message people but maybe someone else has asked?

iamhollywood5

So far I'm disliking Field Orders too.  I originally thought it was for Cranked only but apparently it's for all game types... It's going to be annoying. The only way I'd like Field Orders is if they were considerably more difficult than they were at the reveal event. I think I'm not the only one who feels this way so we really need to band together as a group and collectively tell the devs that these challenges must be more difficult - that's the only way we'll get through to them.

At least care packages aren't killstreaks any more.  If they were still a killstreak reward, AND they were attainable through Field Orders, there would be an insane amount of CP spam...

The only way they can make Field Orders okay is if you can only complete them during the life you pick them up. If you die before completely, it should wipe the orders and you have to do something that earns you the field orders again. That is the only way I think they will be fair.