1 41 42 43 44 45 Previous Next 494 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2013 1:36 PM by BruteXL Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
      • 420. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

Hey candyslexia I have multiple ideas for the game and I think you and your team will like it here's a link http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200764856 hope you like them it will be great to see at least one of them used.

• 421. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
          Izjar11

Adam1234567893 wrote:

Hey candyslexia I have multiple ideas for the game and I think you and your team will like it here's a link http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200764856 hope you like them it will be great to see at least one of them used.

I read some of your ideas and you have some that are interesting, I can't attest to your age but if your still in school become a game designer because saying things or telling them what ideas "sound" good is easier said than done.

• 422. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

I am working on my A+ Certification so I can fund the rest of my college I am 21 not in high school lol.

• 423. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

Any word on what HARDCORE game modes will be available?

• 424. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
                affinityXX

Hardcore stuff will likely be revealed closer to launch, perhaps the later half of October.

• 425. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
                  maccabi

XxDark_IntentionsxX wrote:

Any word on what HARDCORE game modes will be available?

I had a good chat with someone from Iw last friday about Hardcore, they still haven't decided final modes or settings yet which before everyone screams about remember Hc is just a variant of the normal game so its just a matter of what game modes to add with what settings . Which brings me onto ...ricochet we had a very good chat about the pro's and cons (yes i honestly didn't show bias) of ricochet , we went through the issues it caused in mw3 so hopefully we'll hear something in te next few weeks.

• 426. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

Please, tell me if Infected is balanced. I think that if you're going to give the infected throwable knives, you should ATLEAST disable the radar and team mate death locations for them.

And to all wishing for map size variety:

Having too many small maps in BO2 was a problem, but so was map design. See, recent titles have been designing virtually all their maps like cluttered, rushing arenas. They were cluttered so rushers could move about and get close without fear of getting killed by weapons with longer range. They also added too many paths and therefore flanks, which also helped rushers. I just saw gameplay of a guy climbing into a house. What does that mean? It means their maps might be designed for rushers - despite their size! And have you seen the amount of clutter on some maps? It's debris city, I tell ya! And I just can't stand those barriers in corners and the ones that are too small to hide in.

Camping is just as legitimate of a playstyle as rushing, but recent titles still insist on redundant accomodations for rushers. I call this tactical inequality, or campingphobia. Not that I want to camp, but it's just nice to have it as a option instead of being forced to run and gun non-stop. And the amount of inaccessable objects, plants, etc due to barriers and the lack of verticality again aids rushers and really maded BO2 way too fast paced. Hiding is a strategy too, you know. I really do miss feeling free in MW2. I could hide in and jump on whatever was there! I like rushing and constantly flanking too, but other more strategic and stealthy playstyles should be just as useful. What we really for balanced map design are much less flanks (and yes, that means more dead ends), WAY less barriers, tall and accessable houses and structures,  more spaces, good chokepoints, a lot less clutter (this creates sightlines), and the freedom of my precious corners

I've said this before, but it seems people have forgotten why MW3 and the Black Ops series was so bad (but BO1 did have SOME good maps, though).

• 427. Re: Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
                      Izjar11

Having too many small maps in BO2 was a problem, but so was map design. See, recent titles have been designing virtually all their maps like cluttered, rushing arenas

I hate to disappoint you but the maps work for both styles, though hiding was not the problem it was how well players blended with the rest of the map. The small map being a problem theory, thats subjective as many do not vote for a map like turbine if hijack or one of the others would appear.

But here take a look at this video

• 428. Re: Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
                        affinityXX

Yea most of the modes should support Hardcore.  Especially TDM/Search & Destroy type of modes.  

There should be more variety of bigger maps for campers/survivors and somewhat for rushers too.   Split the map variety half and half so there are maps for rushers and maps for campers and maps with a mix.     I think they aren't going to overdo it with small maps, and maps that only cater to rushers, since a significant amount of people don't like them and those kind of maps get boring.    Especially for modes like Search & Rescue where it would benefit from larger maps with more camping spots,

survival spots,  designs where players can actually secure the area instead of feeling like they are in some Quake arena map.

And larger multi floor maps (without holes) can be even better since there could be a more balanced variety of camp spots

and alternate routes.    A mix of indoor and outdoor would be nice too.    Thsi could make them more flexible with wider variety of modes,  and there could be maps for more hardcore players too. 

• 429. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

The infected needed throwing knifes in order to combat those that camped on ledges or stairs or area's that had to be climbed too. Otherwise it was just a boosting game mode to pad stats and gain moabs.

If the infected get their radar disabled the living should have their radar disabled as well. Not balanced or fair to disable for one and not the other.

1 41 42 43 44 45 Previous Next