1 42 43 44 45 46 Previous Next 494 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2013 1:36 PM by BruteXL Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
      • 430. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
        RunAndGun1

Small maps only work for clusterfk playstyles. Funny, you present a video that shows "Whiteout" which is a large map. Yet, you say "sorry to disappoint you", but the quote you replied to was about small maps. Confusing.

I don't mind the occasional high speed match. But small maps get real boring, real fast. And considering that BO2 was mostly small maps, I consider it an epic fail, and one COD title I never plan on playing again. Ever.

• 431. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
          RunAndGun1

ModernWelfare wrote:

And to all wishing for map size variety:

Having too many small maps in BO2 was a problem, but so was map design. See, recent titles have been designing virtually all their maps like cluttered, rushing arenas.

Camping is just as legitimate of a playstyle as rushing, but recent titles still insist on redundant accomodations for rushers.

I've said this before, but it seems people have forgotten why MW3 and the Black Ops series was so bad (but BO1 did have SOME good maps, though).

Yes, map design is of upmost importance, as it is what is key in accommodating most playstyles. And most maps should accommodate most playstyles, otherwise what's the point?

Camping is only legitimate if it helps your team. If you're camping near a captured flag, then you're clearly locking it down and protecting it. However, camping near a neutral flag is tryhard BS. Either capture the flag, call out for teammates to help you or go after the enemy. Camping on TDM is just pure laziness. "Cranked" will be good mode to play because it will discourage and punish campers. I'm betting it will be a very highly populated mode in Ghosts.

Larger maps will allow me to play more then one playstyle. With BO2's ridiculously tiny maps I found it quite surprising to see so many people sniping. BO2 maps had 2 maybe 3 sight lines on any one map for snipers. That's pathetic. "Whiteout" had multiple sight lines from a single location. It's one map I look forward to playing on.

Variety, variety, variety. That's what we need for maps in size and design.

• 432. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
            Izjar11

Funny, the guy says its the smallest map, in the video (the guy playing the map). My point guy, is that if you see its very similar to what BO2 was, in the IW style sounds, and shooting (which I like as well).

• 433. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

Amen to that.  I have a ton to read up on, but caught that.  Please shut the 10 year olds with a potty mouth up somehow.  The technology is out there.  Voices have pitches, and when they havnt cracked yet, you should be able to stop an f bomb from reaching my speaker.

I don't mind it as much if your over 18, but I don't want to talk trash with an 8 year old.

Good thread by the way, lots of info

Thanks

• 434. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

How much altering has been done to the maps?  Knee slide is just flat out awesome, but what about a sniper that was on roof and the pillars just blown out?  Can he shoot on the fly while he's on the way down

Demo looked like it altered quite a bit of the environment.

Also, how accurate is weight going to be measured?  There was a pistol that looked like a massive barrel was on it, is it going to swing quick or would the mod slow it down?  The reason I ask this is because hardcore comes to mind and a shot to the chest from the right pistol would do the trick.

• 435. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
                  Seph009

Any more information coming along or do we have to wait a week or week and a half for people to get the game early?

• 436. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
                    gotsomestars

Hmm this thread died quick.

• 437. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

Well there is not alot they are going to say before the game comes out. They are not going to reveal every detail about ever map/weapon/attachment/streak/equipment in the game before release.

• 438. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
                        gotsomestars

This is true. But the discussion was pretty interesting. Minus a few posts.

• 439. Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event
                          affinityXX

Oh yea small maps are worthless compared to large maps.  small maps only work in franchises like Quake,   Call of Duty is not Quake and shouldn't be like Quake.

1 42 43 44 45 46 Previous Next