33 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2013 12:43 PM by phxs72 RSS

The KSG is overpowered!!!

randomness550

Now before you all start saying " if they nerf the ksg then they better get rid of quickscoping " the ksg is a shotgun, not a sniper. It has crazy range, NEVER gets hitmarkers ( gets less hitmarkers then the ballista or the DSR does ) and also has a fast fire rate. So I dont understand why you guys complain about snipers being like shotguns even though the ksg is acting like and OP sniper/shotgun combination

• Re: The KSG is overpowered!!!

It fires a slug instead of buckshot. It's a one shot headshot but over 20 meters or so it becomes a two shot kill for the body. Quit complaining. Plus its kind of a marksman shotgun.

Firesens

The KSG is quite Balanced first of all, quickscoping isn't.

The KSG fire's a slug round which gives it the range but it isn't effective at all ranges only close to mid (Better at mid.) The KSG is less accurate at when firing from the hip, but the KSG also has to hit dead on to kill the person in one hit. Usully if it isn't dead on then you won't even hit anything.

When a player quickscope's at mid to short range it ruins the balance between snipers and CQC weapons, mainly because snipers are a one shot kill based on what weapon you are using. Also it is way too accurate for not actually aiming at all. Quickscoping rewards the player instead of punishing them for not being precise or using marksmanship. (IMO Sniper's shouldn't QS at any range, they should be used how a sniper was meant to be used)

Quickscoping shouldn't ever be a substitute for a sidearm in CQC Battle.

DSR: OHK is from the waist up. (At any range)

XPR: OHK is from the chest up. (At any range)

Ballista: OHK is from the chest up. (At any range)

KSG: OHK is from waist up. (Close - Medium Range)

have you ever even used the ksg

you definitely get hit markers with it

Frenchy_68

So if it's overpowerd; you were obviously able gold the KSG in no time at all.

Give me some tips because I'm struggling

The ksg is good gun when when the user is accurate. It punishes the player thats inaccurate. Its a one shot kill with decent range for a shotgun but can't be compared to the range of a sniper rifle, at all.

Guns that are overpowered will be abused by the majority of players. Take a look at your stats, find the gun that you die from the most. If any guns are overpowered, they will be on the top of that list. And most likely the same guns on the top of all our lists.

Nothing is worse than a sniper.

Firesens

He is one of those delusional egotistical quickscoper's that ***** when someone uses the sniper the right way. Also if someone counter's his way of playing by using a weapon like the KSG then he will call it overpowered which is bull, and makes him look like a hypocrite.

Also most of these kids I meet on live in CoD are the most ignorant players I have ever played against/with.  It is like they have never seen or heard of the word balance before.

randomness550

I dont care if i get sniped. I do care if i get sprayed across the map by an LMG that kills me in 2-3 hits through a wall. I'll admit maybe i was wrong about this ksg. But if you think it takes more skill or is more challenging to spray with an SMG or an LMG then your crazy. Us quickscopers have to be accurate, we have to stand still to be accurate ( while you reg gunners can do donuts around us ) plus we have to aim for the chest and if we dont we will get a hitmarkers which ALMOST always results in death. You reg gunners use guns that shoot at like 1000 RPM and it only takes 3 hits from close range. So if you cant get those 3 shots off on us by the time we aim in then thats your fault not ours.

KSG is not overpowered.  I've managed to get it to diamond and it wasn't exactly easy.  What does *appear* to be easy is quicksniping.  I've heard a lot that it takes skill (regardless of how stupid it is, the skill argument is always brought up).

Since ARs, LMGs, SMGs, and shotguns are now diamond I've been trying out the sniper rifles.  I have to refrain from quicksniping as the game mechanics seem to want you to quicksnipe.  Countless times against bots I've accidently quicksniped.  Not so much in-game as I make it a point to absolutely never quicksnipe, but there is no denying that the game mechanic itself encourages and assists in quicksniping.  Based on the amount of times I've accidentally quicksniped the skill argument becomes more and more flimsy.

XGunsmokeX

Use the KSG when you are lagging and get back to me on how OP it is...

biron_w

Am I reading this right? A quick scoper is moaning about a shotgun being a OHK at distance? This is despite the fact that QSing means a sniper can be used as a shotgun!

I suggest you go out and use the KSG in a proper game. It's very hard to use. If you miss with your first shot then you are screwed.

randomness550

Same with a sniper. So why do people b*tch about it when they get quickscoped? Im also sick of hearing " snipers are meant to be used for long range ". EVERY freaking map in BO2 is CQC. So it is practically IMPOSSIBLE to snipe how your supposed to.

Firesens

It is because a sniper has the ability to OHK at any range the shotguns can only be used a specific range to be effective. The KSG is not like the other shots where even if the crosshair is slight off it will still hit and kill. The KSG uses a slug round which means one bullet is coming out from the gun not multiple pellets like what buckshot uses. The KSG to kill someone from Close range to about 10 or 11 meters away it has to be a dead on body shot to kill. The sniper rifles at their state right now can be used from close to long range and be very effective at all ranges killing in one shot and are way to accurate for not actually aiming through the scope. It comes down to the balance argument and the snipers aren't balanced when quickscoping is there. Quickscoping can outclass most close range weapons with its OHK ability.

"Quickscopers logic is to make sniping viable at all ranges, therefore their logic suggests that shotguns be given the same treatment. If you disagree that shotguns should not be allowed to shoot across the map, isn't that being hypocritical to allow quickscoping to be a legitimate use of a sniper rifle."

I love this quote. I forgot who wrote it but it makes sense!

Hey Everyone Come Check out my youtube page if you like good gameplay and KSG montages.

www.youtube.com/user/IBLackIIDyNaMite

Thanks