37 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2013 11:41 AM by KingNilla RSS

Is BO2 Zombies Boring Or Is It Just The Maps ?

DarkMega

First off this is my opinion and mine only I'm not speaking for anyone when I write this but I would love to hear your opinions as well in the replies.

To me it seems like BO2 zombies is boring...like really boring now I expected Buried to be great but it was just like every other map you played it a couple times and it started getting easier and easier. The other day I went to BO1 played some Verruckt,Ascension,Der Reise and Shi No Numa and the maps were fun. I think just the way the guys over at Treyarch have designed the maps it's been not as great as it use to be I always have supported maybe Treyarch hiring some guys who make Custom Zombie maps for WAW for some fresh new ideas because all the ideas so far have been bland. From perks to weapons from the box it's been a disaster in my opinion.

• Re: Is BO2 Zombies Boring Or Is It Just The Maps ?
          DarkMega

May I also add that each map has a annoyance feature. Tranzit in general is the biggest. Denizens,lava,bus,easter egg,pack a punch method,exploding zombies.

Hmm to me BO 2 seems more like quanity over quality i.e More weapons but do the same damage as the starting pistol, OP Tacticals, and wall weapons that even in the 50's still beast. This game has fallen off the hinges as in term of gameplay. Me personally I like the map design for the the maps except Tranzit.

CSAWWWWW

I think that Tranzit was a sort of shout out to the previous game-- fairly simple, rather large (perhaps too large), and it involved a lot of the same strategy involved with the previous maps.

But, it was the beginning to a lot of changes that came.

Buildables being the first.

Then a new perk.

Then 'persistent perks' came along and brought wonder and surprise.

I think from the beginning Treyarch, or the team(s) that generally handles zoms, has been slowly showing us what they're capable of, or what they'd like to do ultimately.

From WaW zoms, which from my understanding was just a side game or an added bonus to buying the game produced by these folks, to where we are now, and with the knowledge that the next consoles will drop very soon... IMHO, the next zom game will be all inclusive. Zom only.

Either way= BO2 isn't boring, and it's not the maps.

It kinda sounds like you don't like the direction they're taking... Or not. But I think it's crazy fun.

A different sort of crazy fun then the previous zom games, but still not boring. To me, at least...

DarkMega wrote:

First off this is my opinion and mine only I'm not speaking for anyone when I write this but I would love to hear your opinions as well in the replies.

To me it seems like BO2 zombies is boring...like really boring now I expected Buried to be great but it was just like every other map you played it a couple times and it started getting easier and easier. The other day I went to BO1 played some Verruckt,Ascension,Der Reise and Shi No Numa and the maps were fun. I think just the way the guys over at Treyarch have designed the maps it's been not as great as it use to be I always have supported maybe Treyarch hiring some guys who make Custom Zombie maps for WAW for some fresh new ideas because all the ideas so far have been bland. From perks to weapons from the box it's been a disaster in my opinion.

+100

bad characters bad maps= boring

I think they went over the top with buildables in the game and permaperks too.

motd in my opinion was a good improvement, the buildables on that map were alright.

Better than the Tranzit Characters.

But original 4 are best and the EE's back on black ops 1 were better too, no nav card buildables.

I never played WaW or Bo1 so i really don't know, but unless u over play a map (Town Survival and MotD for me) i think that it's still pretty fun. I like buried atm with a mad rage, i can't stop playing the map and really enjoy em (exept when you get some DBag dropping in games, i don't mind the rage quitter, i don't care bout leaderboards). I'd pop in die rise and tranzit anything, but clearly won't play MotD until a very long time lol

Nah, I was just as bored with the Bo1 maps at this part of the cycle two years ago, it's just how it goes after playing the same maps for so long. Whenever people suggest we go back to the bo1 maps, it's nice if we haven't been in a while, but if I've played them recently it makes me groan.

Its boring after the new map fell wears of because they make the maps to easy. I call mob of the dead zombies on training wheels for all the one hit kill items you can hold. Buried you dont even need to do the easter egg to get all the perks. Add to the fact that now you can get all the points you need on round one and have a pap gun to start off with too, and tons of perma perks espically perma tombstone to where i dont even care that you go down cause you only lose one perk that you can just rebuy anyway. Cod need to stop trying to hold peoples hand and let them grow and learn how to be good at the game

The old maps are much more exciting and are WAAAAAYYYY harder then any of the maps released with this title.  I go back and play BO1 all the time and I'm always humbled by the difficulty of those maps.  I'm still trying to beat my Veruckt high round game and that is only a round 23 game....

timelordalex

i dont feel BO2 Zombs is boring, its just some of the maps are $hit, Green Run, Trashtown are utter $hit, while Die rise improved, its still very 'meh' to me, MOTD really stepped things up and is one of my favourite maps (thoguh having said that, i prefer playing cell block as it doesnt take long to set up), Buried then surpassed MOTD for me sort of (a lot of people dont like it, why i dont know) i love how the hacker sort of is the equivalent of Billy, the fact that we ahd 7 perks instead of the restricted 5/6 per map was a necessary change, The Paralyser was very welcome to join the WWs, the Time Bomb was useful, RGM2 was a nice addition to all maps to make up the lack of any decent WWs (like Green Run and Trashtown), only thing to let down Buried was the pain in the ass EE, Origins looks great and im sure it will be but no matter how good it is, it wont make up for the overall failure of BO2 zombs

DeathBringer-Zen

Buried then surpassed MOTD for me sort of (a lot of people dont like it, why i dont know) i love how the hacker sort of is the equivalent of Billy, the fact that we ahd 7 perks instead of the restricted 5/6 per map was a necessary change, The Paralyser was very welcome to join the WWs, the Time Bomb was useful, RGM2 was a nice addition to all maps to make up the lack of any decent WWs (like Green Run and Trashtown), only thing to let down Buried was the pain in the ass EE

All the features within Buried are good. All the perks, Persistant PHD, Time Bombs, RGM2 etc...

The reason I don't like Buried is because the map itself is completely sh*t. One of the most boring, uninteresting maps they have ever released. There is next to no fun to be had on the map.

Everything that is required to be done is boring. It's a chore to get set up, and when you are finally done, what you are left with is a small section of the map that is too easy to train in, even without the OP WW.

I am pretty much done with Buried forever, and I still have not even set a decent high round on 3-4 player leaderboards.

I just went back to BO2 after dominating in BO1 for months...it's fun again. Try and take a break and come back.

Maps are boring, new crew are a pain in the ass to listen to.

I miss maps like 5,Verrückt and shangri La.

Mr_Spaceman

Bops2 maps are shite. Thats what makes the game boring. Nothing to do with the new crew or that. IMO the maps were a massive leap backwards compared to Bops1. I don't know what the hell happened at Treyarch but if they dont pull it out the bag with this new map then i will have lost all faith in them..

I think it's boring cause every map is so easy black ops 1 and waw were way more of a challenge. Nacht, Verruckt, Five, Shangri-La were all tough and the only map I really think is a pain is Nuketown. Not the greatest map but at least I have to always focus. These new characters are terrible I even perfer cotd or motd crews over them. Also the new perks aren't the greatest they are either over powered like vulture aid or pointless like tombstone. I understand its use but who really buys it? I also feel the gun selection from the older maps are better and the jet gun is the worst weapon of all time i wouldn't even pull that from the box