13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2013 10:37 AM by wierd worlds are these RSS

    Clan run Rentable ranked Servers confirmed for Ghosts? maybe not..

    {bhc}max|co

      Seems Clan run Ranked rentable servers have been all but confirmed for Ghosts?

       

      on launch its matchmaking to ranked dedicated servers..

       

      Rentable servers to follow post launch...

       

      according to this tweet https://twitter.com/Bumsfrosch3000/status/370555386312790016

        • Re: Clan run Rentable ranked Servers confirmed for Ghosts
          {bhc}max|co

          if clan run ranked servers are true?? , i will lift my self imposed embargo on all things #Ghosts..

            • Re: Clan run Rentable ranked Servers confirmed for Ghosts
              wierd worlds are these

              They will more than likely be the same as they were for MW3, which means not ranked.

               

              It is annoying that they will have seen how much of a flop Black Op's 2 has been on the PC and the reason why it's such a flop and then decided to go along with the same setup as if they actually want the game to fail instead of being a success.

               

              All it will take really to make this game a success is to have the servers like they are on COD 4 including the ability to rank up on them instead of forcing the crappy, matchmaking on us.

               

              Now I know IW are better at the netcoding than Treyarch are, but still I want a server browser and the ability to rent a server in the UK rather than being forced on to servers in France, Germany, Russia, America etc all the time like what happens in Black Op's 2.

               

              The devs surely cannot be that stupid to want there game to fail but obviously those of us who are fans of the games and know what it will take to make the game succeed are the stupid ones.

               

              The one thing that we have all been shouting for is RENTABLE RANKED DEDICATED SERVERS WITH A SERVER BROWSER! and they say they have listened when clearly they have not and just thought, we know best and this is how it's going to be and the game will be a success no matter what.

               

              Well think again IW because I am betting now the game on PC will have less players than Black Op's 2 after 6 months, which everytime I try to play the game which is 5pm to 8pm on a weekday, the game shows only around 10k players compared to COD 4 which easily has over 40k at the same time.

                • Re: Clan run Rentable ranked Servers confirmed for Ghosts
                  {bhc}max|co

                  wierd worlds are these wrote:

                   

                  They will more than likely be the same as they were for MW3, which means not ranked.

                   

                  It is annoying that they will have seen how much of a flop Black Op's 2 has been on the PC and the reason why it's such a flop and then decided to go along with the same setup as if they actually want the game to fail instead of being a success.

                   

                  All it will take really to make this game a success is to have the servers like they are on COD 4 including the ability to rank up on them instead of forcing the crappy, matchmaking on us.

                   

                  Now I know IW are better at the netcoding than Treyarch are, but still I want a server browser and the ability to rent a server in the UK rather than being forced on to servers in France, Germany, Russia, America etc all the time like what happens in Black Op's 2.

                   

                  The devs surely cannot be that stupid to want there game to fail but obviously those of us who are fans of the games and know what it will take to make the game succeed are the stupid ones.

                   

                  The one thing that we have all been shouting for is RENTABLE RANKED DEDICATED SERVERS WITH A SERVER BROWSER! and they say they have listened when clearly they have not and just thought, we know best and this is how it's going to be and the game will be a success no matter what.

                   

                  Well think again IW because I am betting now the game on PC will have less players than Black Op's 2 after 6 months!

                  Looks like i was pre-mature in my celebrations, by all accounts (tho not actually verified) the rentable servers will be "unranked", so like you say, the same as the failed servers that were on mw3..

                   

                  So even now that ranking will be on dedis and not p2p, we might all have great connections, (assuming matchmaking doesnt bork this)

                  We will STILL have to face abusives and haxors , who will get away with murder with NO consequence for their actions.

                   

                  And InfinityWards recent history with anti cheat is laughable, if it were not so seriously broken.

                   

                  So before its released , #Ghosts is already doomed on PC.. such another wasted opportunity.

              • Re: Clan run Rentable ranked Servers confirmed for Ghosts
                Momba1

                Hmm...I found no Tweet or anything from @IWMarkRubin officially saying anything of the kind regarding rentable servers. Show me Mark's Tweet.

                • Re: Clan run Rentable ranked Servers confirmed for Ghosts
                  Tunnleram

                  I dunno. I'll believe it when I see it. The last two times I fell for trickery and slight of hand. I am very wary about it this time.

                   

                  The fact that they are saying rentable servers at all is a step forward though.

                   

                  I have a feeling they will be rentable via Microsoft Cloud somehow. This gives them the ability to control them since Microsoft has an obvious hand in the game and will protect the server files.

                   

                  I don't really care about the server provider.


                  EDIT: What's interesting is those are two separate thoughts.

                   

                  1. PC will have dedicated servers.

                  2. Rentable servers to come post release.

                   

                  I can't imagine they wouldn't be talking about PC, but I'd like to see a statement like this.

                   

                  In December of 2013, we will have rentable ranked and unranked servers for the PC. Ranked will allow for reasonable configuration such as map rotation, game mode, rcon, etc. Unranked will allow for full configuration. A server browser will be included for finding servers.

                    • Re: Clan run Rentable ranked Servers confirmed for Ghosts

                      Tunnleram wrote:

                       

                       

                      The fact that they are saying rentable servers at all is a step forward though.

                       

                       

                      Uh no it's not, don't fall for their scam.

                       

                      IIRC they promised rentable dedi's for MW2 then pulled them right before launch.

                      They promised rentable servers for MW3, then made them unranked and sabotaged them in every way possible.

                      They promised "ranked dedicated servers" for BO2, yet removed every basic feature of dedi's and saddled us with the same extremely broken matchmaking garbage.

                       

                      Now they're promising "ranked dedicated servers" with "rentable servers to come post launch"  - This means NOTHING!!!

                       

                      The "ranked" servers will undoubtedly use forced matchmaking, so it will be the exact same unplayably broken garbage as BO2... The "rentable" servers we're supposed to get post launch will undoubtedly be severely sabotaged like they were in MW3.   

                       

                      Also lets not forget the FACT that with Activision's track record, there is a VERY HIGH chance that they will decide to scrap the rentable servers (ya know, after they get all the pre-orders and day one sales from people expecting them)

                    • Re: Clan run Rentable ranked Servers confirmed for Ghosts? maybe not..

                      Don't fall for their slight of hand. They say we are going to get rentable dedicated servers but they have lied so many times that you can't believe anything they say. They have just lied to the console community by telling them they are getting dedicated servers which from black ops 2 we all know that was a lie. They could call them dedicated by definition but we all know from playing on them that they were not true dedicated servers. I'll consider buying Ghosts when and if they release rentable dedicated servers to us. Until then I'll be playing plenty of other games.

                        • Re: Clan run Rentable ranked Servers confirmed for Ghosts? maybe not..
                          wierd worlds are these

                          Maxxgold wrote:

                           

                          Don't fall for their slight of hand. They say we are going to get rentable dedicated servers but they have lied so many times that you can't believe anything they say. They have just lied to the console community by telling them they are getting dedicated servers which from black ops 2 we all know that was a lie. They could call them dedicated by definition but we all know from playing on them that they were not true dedicated servers. I'll consider buying Ghosts when and if they release rentable dedicated servers to us. Until then I'll be playing plenty of other games.

                           

                           

                          They are dedicated servers on Black Op's 2.

                           

                          The issue with them is that we cannot rent them, and we don't know where we are connecting to since they could be anywhere in the world, and that is the issue with not having a server browser.

                           

                          I honestly believe the servers will be better on Ghost's than they are on Black Op's 2 since IW are better when it comes down to netcoding, than Treyarch.

                           

                          I never once had a issue really with the P2P system on MW2/3 but that was mainly because I hosted nearly every game that I played and no one complained of lag when I did host.

                           

                          The difference for me between MW3 and Black Op's 2 is the netcoding plain and simple, because there is no way that a P2P connection should result in a better and smoother experience than Dedicated Servers but that is exactly what I have, when I play MW3 compared to Black Op's 2.

                           

                          Now I prefer Dedicated Servers and I prefer the Rentable Ranked Dedicated Servers that we had on older COD games and I really do hope they are what IW are on about doing with Ghost's, but we will have to see after launch.

                           

                          As I said in the other thread that you made, I will post a video on Launch day and it will be the 1st game I play or a few games after once I start to get use to the weapons and the maps etc.

                           

                          Just make sure you keep an eye on the forum on release day.