32 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2013 2:47 PM by N4CR Triickster RSS

Hardpoint?

I've  been watching EVERYTHING revealed about Ghosts, and two things that I'm concerned about still haven't been addressed.  One, will hardpoint, arguably the best competitive game mode in CoD history, be returning in some form to Ghosts?  And two, will league play be back.  League was probably the only good thing about black ops 2, and if it doesn't come back, I feel Ghosts might suffer in sales.  What does everyone think/expect?

• Re: Hardpoint?

Hardpoint.. arguably one of the most campy game modes ever. LP a total failure and not worth coming back. With the new blitz and cranked game modes Ghosts will not suffer any sales loss because of the lack of either of those two things. Plus Ghosts has a new clan system that basicaly takes the place of LP.

Clans couldn't be less like League Play.  Hardpoint was only campy when people sucked.  Good kids PTFO.  League definately wasn't a failure.  It's a place for people to go when they don't want to play pubs.  Seeing as pubs takes about as much effort as fighting a toddler, it's great.  CoD pubs aren't hard.  If you can't run a 3+ K/D, you're just not very good.  The game is easy.  Competitive is the only good thing.  And Clans is nothing like league.  League is competitive, but can be played solo with randoms.  In clans, you are REQUIRED to have a group.  Plus, the game modes are TDM, KC, and DOM.  Two of which aren't in competitive, and are all about camping. 

LP was a failure considering no more than ever that played in on a daily basis. the ranking was a failure in how it placed many people in masters or platinum that did not belong there. hardpoint was very campy, just as bad as hq or ctf ever was. LP should have required groups as well and that is where it failed the biggest for it would have cut down on the quiting.

LP was not cometitive at all, seen lots of bronzes go up against masters and beat them, seen lots of irons smash golds and platinums as if they were nothing.

I have seen games be more competitive in pub matches then ever was in LP where games went down to the wire and only lost by 1 point difference, not something normally seen in lp if ever.

Competitive is what is ruining Cod not making it better. if mlg or gb wants a place to play they should hire a developer to make a game just for them with only what they want in it instead of piggy backing off of other games instead. But they wont for it wont sell that well compared to normal games like CoD.

We must be playing different league....  I have never, NEVER seen a bronze, Iron, or even gold even come close to wrecking MAsters.  Hell, I've never even seen a gold go positive in a game against masters.  If you don't think league is competitive, you're high.  I usually only go 5-10 positive in league.  In pubs, it's been two months since I've played a game of pubs without dropping a swarm.  TWO MONTHS!!  I've never lost a pub.  NEVER.  How can you say pubs is more competitive, when 50% of players are just there to stomp.  Unlike league, pubs has not skill based match making.  I always run pubs with a party.  That being said, I don't play with anybody below a 3 K/D.  So, a party of 6, with K/D's ranging from 3.00, to the highest I know, 5.26.  We get matched with kids running a range of .75, to 1.50.  Never find similar opponents, always bad kids.  ALWAYS.  Pubs takes no skill at all.  Most of the people that play it are bad.  If you grab a damn B23R, you can run 50 plus kills a game.  70 plus with lethal streaks and an SMG.  But unfortunately, probably 90% of CoD players suck, so competitive is ridiculed.  Competitive is the only fun thing.  I like a challenge.  Being able to spawn into a game, pick up a Skorpion, and go 70-6, which I just did two minutes ago, isn't even fun.  It isn't hard.  Kids can't kill you, they just snipe, or suck with reg guns.  GB, eSports, and League are the greatest thing ever to happen to CoD. 

You are an absolute idiot... i cant think of anythinf nicer or fairer to say. You make your self sound like your the king of CoD. Me and my clan this, me and my clan that. Yeah you might be good, but to say you get a swarm every game and you have NEVER lost a public map his utter bull.

Your the kind of fanny that gets all your little clan to sit on the fountain in slums covering all area, or sitting on top floors on standoff.... dosent make you good at the game it just means you know how to camp well. Thats not big or clever. Any 1 can go buy a modded pad so they lay down after every shot, or turn every gun to an automatic.

If you were that good Billy Big Balls, you wouldnt be sat here telling us how good you are, the CoD community would already know who you are.

Don't camp.  I play the objective.  And I haven't ever lost a pub.  However, I've only played 100 matches in pubs.  All Dom.

I lose in league, but not pubs.  I play 1-2 pubs whenever I get on, just because they suck, and I only get on once or twice a week.  And if the CoD community knows everybody that is good, tell me, have you ever heard of captain obj?  Nope.  You haven't.  He has a 5.1 K/D, and nobody knows him, because being good, doesn't make you famous.  You have to put yourself out there, and we don't.  We just play.  Pubs are easy to win.  And I am in no way the king of CoD, but anybody can be the king of pubs. 

most pros have around a 1.00 kd they focus more on winning then having a high kd

rsturp

i agree Hardpoint was rubbish more about spawns than skill, no game mode should be like that,

vims1990

I doubt COD Ghosts sales will drop just because of League Play considering that at it's peak, there are around 10,000 players play League Play which is about 1% of the community.

Also, even though IW stated they are supporting e-sports/MLG, it doesn't necessary mean it'll be as "detailed" as to what Treyarch did with League Play/CODcaster etc. It could just be tools to allow competitive players to play on LAN at MLG tournaments.

With Hardpoint, it doesn't look like it was coming back when I had a look at their game modes. I mean CTF (an MLG game mode) is not a game mode in Ghosts so the chances of Hardpoint returning is unlikely.

By the way, I'm not against the idea of League Play returning but between IW and Treyarch, they don't follow the exact agenda on their COD titles. Although it may be possible that just like Hardcore game modes, they aren't ready to share more detail on a competitive mode for the public.

Agree with Firesens, when BO2 launched, the majority of the community called for hardpoint locations to be randomized. They got ignored, and in turn, the playlist got ignored. Never more than 3k people, rarely reaching that number.

League Play? Whatever, time for the 1% to go back to being the actual 1% and not the most catered to part of the playerbase. I can almost definitely say HP is gone, with 7 new playlists, only the actual (not imagined) popular playlists will be returning from old games. Thats TDM, KC, DOM, S&D. As for LP, can't say whether its returning or not, but I don't think IW is going to follow Treyarch's lead and alienate the 99%. I hope it doesn't return, and if it does, a much, much smaller capacity.

nicedrewishfela

Hardpoint was a Treyarch addition.

I am sure IW looked at the numbers of players and how it would fit into the new game to decide whether to bring it back or not. It may yet make an appearance, but I don't know how much of a success it really was in BO2.

As for League Play, I am not sure it is worth bringing back with all the issues it had in BO2, Competitive play is really best left to Leagues and outside entities who can then set their own rules and regulations.  If it does come back, I hope they improve it for the folks who partake... but I'd rather have the space for more Modes for everyone.

I doubt it would suffer in sales as a result of either of these things. What will hurt sales (if indeed they hurt at all) is strong competition and lingering disappointment over the previous title. CoD seems to break sales records every year, however.... so it really probably won't matter at all.

The other problem is we cant fully define the rules for gamemodes in private match. Like changing the capture time on blitz. Or changing who can pick up tags in grind. If these were implemented we wouldnt be making such a big deal. But for the most part the rules are locked.

basketball1367

I'm sure IW looked at the Hardpoint numbers, and I'm sure they'll make the right decision based on that. Playlists aren't finalized, so it still could make a comeback.

League Play is different. CharlieINTEL posted an article which included an interview with Rubin. He said that League Play would be replaced with the Clan vs. Clan playlist.

Here's the article: http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/08/23/call-of-duty-ghosts-clan-vs-clan-playlist -will-replace-league-play/

nicedrewishfela

This makes more sense to me. They never should have had a League Play with Lone Wolf Players using Team Modes. Can't really judge skill that way (Unless they had included a FFA variant).

Let the Clans take eachother on.

As I have always said. LP should never have allowed lone wofl/solo players it should have required 4 for champions and 3 for regular allowing two 3 man teams to combine for a 6 man group. Then if any one of either team quit/raged/dashed the entire team that the one that left was on would feel the punishment of lost ranks/divisions/season ban. have that happen enough times and they would drop the people from the group that was causing it leaving those players wiht out a team to be able to play in LP anymore, so they would not be able too.

if lp wanted a solo rank it should have had ffa and only allowed lone wolf/solo players in that list for that is the only list that a  solo rank would ever be accurate with.

Dude... holy **** you have no clue what competitive is, i highly suggest you log into twitch and watch somebody like rambo or aches, competitive is the greatest thing to ever happen to cod... League play is a competitive playlist, we have 3 game modes that we play, hardpoint, snd and ctf, no other game modes are played competitively in black ops 2. The reason they didnt force you to play with a full team in league play is because there werent enough people playing the playlist, if enough people played it they would have had full teams facing full teams and solo players facing other solo players... If you took the time to go to an mlg event or even just watch a livestream online i promise you will be hooked to it, its the most entertaining thing watching the best players IN THE WORLD competing against each other...

Dude I so do know what it is like I have watched mlg and gb games for years and they are nothing special at all. I have watches several tournaments before and never found it interesting or worht the time it took to watch them. I find figure skating to me more exciting to watch then the so called pros of mlg playing a video game. And they are not the best in the world or they would not need things removed to cater the game to their playstyle. they would be able to adapt and handle any situation but they cant so need things removed for their so called balance.

MLG pros just want to be seen as special and elite to feel good about all the time they waste playing a video game, unlike the real athelets that really have skills more then twiddling thumbs on a controller or tapping keys on a keyboard and clicking a mouse.

vims1990

This "Clan vs Clan" playlist sounds interesting but I'm just curious on whether IW is following MLG rules and game modes or that it'll be standard pub settings.

If it's MLG rules and game modes, I probably won't be interested. I've just never enjoyed playing MLG approved game modes.

Looks like it is standard game rules at this point. For it is just one clan against another. and clans and mlg/gb are really different things when compared to each other.

clans are better than mlg for clans dont need things removed to play a game only the wannabe pros of mlg/gb do.

We remove certain things because those things take no skill and it makes the gameplay random, any mlg team would destroy any pubs clan at any game mode on any day... WE ARE THE MOST SKILLFULL PLAYERS... we practice to be the best...

Removing things and making someone play with a more restricted game set takes less skill then dealing with the entire game as it was meant to be played and that is a simple fact and is why mlg and gb is not really liked by the majority of players in this game. random and chaotic is how the game is meant to be played not predictable(only sorry players need a predictable game), but mlg and gb so called pros cannot handle it so need things removed to fit their limited skill set. MLG and GB are NOT the most skilled players in the game, they are only skilled on one way of playing the game, that does not make them the most skilled in the game overall. MLG and GB is far from the best at the game, they only practice and deal with one subset of skills to paly and then try to call themselves elite becasue of it when taht is far from the truth.

MLG would not destroy pub clans in pub games because then they would be faced off against evertying they remove and would not be able to deal with it and that is a fact.

Its standard pub rules for now

I forgot to add sales won't be remotely affected by the removal of two unpopular playlists. The return of Infected alone will cancel out both Hardpoint and LP.

illstplaya2live

We don't need league play back. It was a failure and not only that but it's taking up space that could be used for something better.

Hardpoint probably won't be back either. Usually IW doesn't use things from treyarch.

League play was far from a failure, we have introduced so many new players to the competitive scene and 10000 concurrent players on the league play playlist is a great amount, its almost the same as snd or kill confirmed in regular pubs playlist and its a lot more than hp in regular pubs playlist...

@trialstardragon, you must be retarded.  Have you ever seen pros play pubs?  They run nuclears almost every game.  I've played with scumpii and proofy, want to know how many nuclears they have?  Both over 5000.  Mainly in pubs.  They play competitive because pubs takes no effort.  Sure competitive is limited, and you have to deal with less, but the players using less have much more skill.  It's a lot harder to beat four GBstars with two different guns than to go 50-0 in a pub game where the guns are varied, and it's hectic, but most of the people suck.  If you think pub clans are better, you're a dumb ass.

Yeah sure, stop fooling yourself. They dont get nuclears every match like you try and make it sound. Players having less do not have more skill it requires less skill to deal with less things in the game, not more  but people like you and the so called pros never seem to really grasp that point of reality. Actuall teh fact taht you think taht GB and MLG are soo much better than anyone else proves you are the idiot here and not me.