1 2 3 4 Previous Next 68 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2013 11:55 AM by mdub Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?
        nicedrewishfela

I haven't played the game yet.

To me, anything that keeps the game moving and encourages tactical play is worth having in the game.

Hopefully they will balance so that it is not too easy to obtain or use these. (Might be a lofty hope).

I think they made "Off the Grid" too cheap to use, 2 points? If it was set at 4 or maybe even 3 I could understand.

If they mess up the balance of all the things you mentioned, we could see it spammed.

I guess this is a wait and see, hoping they are able to strike a balance.

• 11. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?
          Firesens

Maybe there is too much but what CoD hasn't had so much.

• 12. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?

1. motion senser equitment should not be able to accreatly pinpoint locationson(give a general direction or area), otherwise they shouldnt be in the game.

also what is nightowel? advancedUAV, if so, it should be conterable if it is support.

• 13. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?
              thebiindsniper

A Night Owl is a floating motion sensor that also acts as a trophy system.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

• 15. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?

Nope not too much at all, still could do with a few extra pieces to make people have to choose what setup they use even more thoroughly instead of just going with what they want all the time.

A good player will use all of that to their advantage, having your location known is just as much as an advantage as a disadvantage to a player that is smart about how they play.

OTG will really only needed by the cowards that need to stay hidden from other players because they dont want to deal with too many encounters. in other words only the wannabe ninjas will really need it or the hiding campers.

A good camper/defender/patroller will not be hampened by all of these at all. In fact they will use the fact the enemy knows where there are and is coming for them to their own advantage by planning their own counter attack before the enemy gets there to attack.

• 16. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?
                  thebiindsniper

HA!  ....no

~RUGGED SAVIOR

• 17. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?
                    vims1990

Can't believe they're bringing back the motion sensor.

It made Assassin a necessity at times especially when you had the entire opposing team placing portable radars all over the map in MW3.

• 18. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?
                      thebiindsniper

I'm not quite sure how the motion sensor works this time.  In the few videos I saw, it didn't produce that sonar wave every few seconds. 

Off topic a bit, but I am also upset about how Tactical Insertions were removed (as far as we know).  Let's hope it's only because of the game being in alpha.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

• 19. Re: Do you think there's too much radar assistance?

Well, I for one will never use a motion sensor as I'd much prefer the 9-Bang which, when fully charged, doubles as an EMP grenade. So I feel like the only people using the sensor will be the people camping, and you'll be happy those people are vulnerable to the awesome camper vengeance that is fully charged 9-Bang and Recon.

Ping detects anybody around people you kill, so it has different applications. It's helpful for S&D and S&R, although the fact that Grid blocks it and the adjoining fact that most everyone in those modes will put a damper in that strategy, although it is good to know for certain they are there when it shows the ones who don't have it. Saves you using the back up 9-Bang (seriously guys I'm pumped for this 9-Bang).

Also, I know in this context it's unmistakable, but I wanted to point out that OTG is an issue as there are in fact two perks with that Acronym, the other being the more common IRL usage of it, On The Go. Well, at least back in High School I had a teacher who used it a lot. Important to note he was in his mid 20's, and liked to use acronyms at will, but I digress.

The concern of the perk costs being to low can always be addressed, IW members have already stated to concerned fans that the perk costs are not final. Not only that, but something as simple as that can be easily patched later if it becomes a concern. Much easier than changing an effect of a class-wide attachment on a singluar gun, which TA had problems with in the case of the "AK74u" (there's meant to be an S in there) in Black Ops 1.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next