37 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2013 3:50 PM by USarmyvet RSS

Panzer Soldat is to over powered.

Besides the fact that the Panzer Soldat has body armor, an extendable arm and fire along side with really fast attacks with his arms, its almost impossible to kill him. Let a lone 3 r 4 of them on round 23 and up. I have died more from this guy then any other thing in the entire game.... That tells you something. I'm thinking that maybe the Panzers need to be a little nerfed. Because face it how are you going to survive the thing in mud which cuts more then half of your speed, and kills you instantly with his fire attack even with jug and runs faster and you have zombies after you? You really don't have a chance to attack this guy unless all of these zombies are dead.

• Re: Panzer Soldat is to over powered.

he's easy to deal with if you and your team knows what they are doing all you need are staffs

the problem is alot of pub players suck right now

To bad the stuffs really don't do any thing. And on round 28, 4 clips of upgraded ray gun ammo to the face does absolutely nothing.

This map isn't meant to be easy... If you know what you're doing you can easily take him out with the upgraded Mauser, ray gun, or basically any PaP'd assault rifle/lmg.

xienohporeA wrote:

Besides the fact that the Panzer Soldat has body armor, an extendable arm and fire along side with really fast attacks with his arms, its almost impossible to kill him. Let a lone 3 r 4 of them on round 23 and up. I have died more from this guy then any other thing in the entire game.... That tells you something. I'm thinking that maybe the Panzers need to be a little nerfed. Because face it how are you going to survive the thing in mud which cuts more then half of your speed, and kills you instantly with his fire attack even with jug and runs faster and you have zombies after you? You really don't have a chance to attack this guy unless all of these zombies are dead.

Dude, you can run him all over the map. Killing them is not all that hard but you can't treat him like a zombie and just stand still shooting.

The first one can be a bit tough since most people don't have staff's or PaP'd guns. Usually by round 8-10 I have my Mauser PaP'd and I go hunting him down. Between 10-20, the plain staff's will take him down pretty easy. I've still killed him in the 30's with a plain staff.

I like them just fine the way they are.....if they could use that arm to grab glitchers, they would be perfect.

ydajdimstr

Keep the Mauser PaP in your back pocket just for this guy... 5 rounds to the face and he is done, guaranteed...

VECTORdude

Panzer Soldat is nothing more than brutus in a mech. Get headshots with any good assault rifle, or ray gun mk2 and always keep your distance from him, and he's dead fast. The ray gun doesn't work too well because it isn't supposed to get headshots.

The problem with them is they make solo really hard... You get the first one by round 7 or 8 and you need to be lucky with the box to get a gun capable of killing one without double tap from a distance it can't claw you...

Makes the whole solo experience too luck based.

SonicDG wrote:

The problem with them is they make solo really hard... You get the first one by round 7 or 8 and you need to be lucky with the box to get a gun capable of killing one without double tap from a distance it can't claw you...

Makes the whole solo experience too luck based.

Perhaps you are working it all wrong?

For starters.....the box is a gamble that you really don't need to take. That's what's making it luck based for you. I usually can get all the Gen's on by round 5 plus open the dig site.....PaP the Mauser on 6

• Knife on 1, turn on Gen 1
                          • Mauser Leg shots + Knife on 2, turn on Gen 2
                          • On 3, if no max ammo yet, buy m14, 2 chest shots + knife
                          • On 4, horde up zombies in Gen 2 area....train them over to Gen 1 and grab X2 and point whore like a Mo-Fo
                          • If you saved a zombie, do Gen 4, 3 and 5, Buy QR, mp 40, Jug, ....or skip MP40 and do Gen 6. The M14 + knife is always the same formula in early rounds....shoot 1 less chest shots than the round number and then knife.

In the course of 5 rounds, you are bound to get some X2's and max ammos....use up all the Mauser ammo every time on the train. If you don't have Mauser ammo, Best to run the map and cause them to spawn so you can point + Knife with MP40 or M14 which is harder with a solo train (ammo over penetration). I pass up on insta kill if possible.....you lose too many points from bullets.

Point whore like this and you'll have the PaP'd Mauser on 6 every time......or hit the box and claim it's all about luck.

You can get a gun capable of killing him early on, it's name is the mp40...

Can't say I agree with this. I actually quite like the challenge the Panzer Soldat provides.

its easy to kill

if a giant steps on it then he will hit the deck and you can just free fire at his face before he gets back up

or get the boomhilda and its about 10 shots to the face and hes dead

theatriks

PaP Mauser.

If Han Solo uses it, you know it's good.

My favorite new weapon. :] Staffs work as well, but most PaP[ed] weapons can take down the Panzer if you can handle the situation calmly.

I love the Panzer. An abrupt break of monotony. Keeps you on your toes. I also like the Templar's coming every so often to turn off the power. Everyone has always complained about how once you're set up in a game you can go as long as you like. :]

killerofzombs87

mauser paped to the head 3 or 4 shots took him out when i got him. i wrecked him in 2 seconds flat! lol

VECTORdude

The Diesel Drone/Panzer Guy provides a fair challenge, and he feels like what brutus was intended to be. What others said, use Han Solo's pistol.

timelordalex

agreed he was a totally unnecessary addition, and unless you have the Ray Gun, he is far too difficult to kill, even then the Ray Gun takes time, the RGM2 with headshots though takes him out fast, but then you have the challenge of acquiring the Mk2 from the box, MK2, Upgraded Mauser do the trick though, staffs really arent that effective tbh

Panzers are OverPowered. On Round 8 im more likely to die to those than anything else. The claw is a Btch and if you don't put enough damage into him he will just down you and if you happen to escape then zombies will be crowded around you

The more I read.....the more I like them. The Panzers are like a noob filter for the leaderboards.

In my opinion he has too much health for round 8ish when you're playing with 3 other randoms

Sure it's easy to run away from him and slowly take his health down but randoms don't know that do they

Here's a little tip for dealing with him that took me a couple games to figure out, when he is reeling you in with his claw, shoot the red light on his claw and he will release you. Keep a distance from him so his other attacks aren't an issue, and he isn't that hard to deal with. In short, keep your distance, aim for the head, and if he gets you with the claw, shoot the red on his claw. Shouldn't have a problem.

FatalHeadshot

The Panzer Soldat is annoying as hell  the mud should at least slow him down a little the zombies as well. Doesn't make sense how they can run full speed in the mud while I have to jump/run to stay ahead of them. The amount of health they have doesn't bother me but I wish they would of been like a boss round maybe they could of had one spawn for every character that is in the game depending on how many ppl you have.

stop being lazy gamers, you learn and adjust your playstyle to suit. I think its a shock to their system after playing too much buried

I agree with OP to be honest. They can be easy to kill yeah, but sometimes they can cause problems. I had one spawn right in front of me and I instantly went into red (with juggernog). I would like to see them vanish for sure. This map has enough rubbish that makes it harder for not so good players as it is. Origins = one hell of a selfish map for only try hards. Campaign team, feel free to never make zombie maps again unless you balance them to even work with not so good players. It's a good map though, I just don't like how boring and selfish the campaign team can be. Zombies team give us maps with 7 active perks and good weapons, campaign team give us over powered robots, mud and giant robots.

I totally agree that the Panzer Soldat is overpowered. I even put in a direct complaint about it to Treyarch. He is the worst enemy EVER in Zombies history. I have played every map innumerable times and not had this much difficulty with any other enemy. Sure you can use staffs, but he usually spawns for the first time at round 7-8, and who in the hell is focused on or able to get staffs that early? So many things can be changed to make it even a little easier to handle him. Make him spawn at a higher round, make him slower, decrease the damage of his fire (three direct hits WITH Juggernog and you're dead), or even have him drop something rewarding enough to make up for how hard he is (meaning more than a staff part or random drop). If collecting a few balls with a Maxis drone can give you an upgraded LMG (look it up on youtube if you don't already know), then why can't killing him give you a free weapon (a good one, unlike the ones you dig up)? So many things can make this guy easier or at least not such a pain to deal with. If he wasn't in it, this map would be okay. With him in combination with the mud, narrow spaces, and other challenges of the map, Origins is unplayable. One last thing, to those who say this map is just too hard for new players and that "they should adapt" ask yourself why should people have to adapt to a map that was obviously rushed and not balanced or tested enough? I've played zombies since it came out in World at War like I've mentioned, and I'm definitely not the best but there's no denying I have experience. I still find it hard even on Easy Mode, hard in the sense that so much can go wrong in this map that you just can't account for everything. Even if you do perfectly well until round 20, everything can change just from one small issue. However, 90% of the times I've died has been linked directly or indirectly to the Panzer Soldat. I'm done now, and sorry for making this post so long.

4 steps for killing Panzer Soldats (For dummies)

step 1- PaP the Mauser

Step 2- Kill zombies 'till Panzer spawns

Step 3- Shoot his head 3 times without missing a shot of the Boomhilda

Step-4 grab Staff part/powerup