6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2013 11:01 PM by BamBoozeLLed RSS

Who actually asked for the respawn timer to be taken out of HC?

biron_w

Apparently the community did but who? I've never seen anybody moaning about the respawn timer.

Removing it is one of the most retarded decisions in this game. It's just ridiculous.

It's led to an influx of boosters, massive problems with spawning, you don't have time to change your class when you die.

I really hope a times is back in Ghosts.

• Re: Who actually asked for the respawn timer to be taken out of HC?
          LifeSong1

I agree entirely with this. While it does speed up the game mode, that isn't necessarily a good thing.  I'm okay with not having it though I think the user should have the choice to spawn just like in core. Core gets a Kill Cam which prevents them from spawning. They can choose to skip the kill cam and spawn in. I would like the same thing (maybe w/ Class selection instead of Kill Cam) and give me the option to spawn in when I want...though it would force me to spawn in after 15 seconds.

I saw a tweet from someone at Treyarch asking if we wanted the spawn delay removed. A day or two later it was removed. But you are absolutely right in that it brought about a lot of issues (revenge spawns are worse than ever before) and as you mentioned, no time to change class when you die.

phxs72

The respawn timer annoyed me.  I like being able to get right back in the game.  Not being able to change your class has it's downfalls but I've just adjusted and will pre-emptively change my class before I die if I know that I'm going to need something else (ie somebody just called in a VTOL).

LifeSong1

Again, to me the biggest problem is probably the spawn system that broke horribly once they removed this. I feel that BO2 had one of the best spawn systems (based off of HC) but once they removed the timer, I can now see the guy who killed me on the screen running at me. Or I get put into the final kill cam twice by the same guy. I should NEVER spawn that close to the guy that just killed me (or vice versa). The spawn delay prevented that from happening (for one, you didn't know where they were at/going whereas now you spawn so close to them that you can easily chase them down or they will run into you). Yesterday I spawned looking at an enemy tac insert a few feet away from me...good thing it wasn't a claymore or I would have died immediately!

I'm not sure how that affects Core but it definitely affects HC and I personally don't like it. I didn't particularly like the 15 second spawn delays either, thus my proposal above that explains how I think it should have been done (closer to core).

biron_w

The spawn system in this game is broken altogether but I feel it's even worse in HC.

My main gripe with the instant spawn in HC is the amount of boosters it attracts. I play HC KC and I encounter AT LEAST one set of boosters every day i play. Instant spawn+tactical insertion is a boosters dream. They can rack up a massive amount of kills in a short period of time.

I like the idea of making spawning in HC the same as core. You get a short period of time to change your class if you want or press a button to respawn.

BamBoozeLLed

I just wish I had a few seconds to grab a different class before I respawn sometimes.