1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 102 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2013 5:58 AM by rlbl Go to original post RSS
      • Test #1
        50. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

theunforgotten1990 wrote:

If this is true I will be one very happy person. Here's the exact words from a Raven Dev. From an Ausgamers interview,

AusGamers: Is there ever a conversation to just dump aim-assist?

Eric: [laughs] There’s always conversations like that. One of the things we’ve done is that quick-scoping is not in the game. And that was a conscious choice, it’s something that we’ve removed, and I think that will make a lot of people happy. I know that’s something that always gets brought up as a questionable thing that always comes back to aim-assist.

But yeah, there’s things we try throughout the whole development, and it really comes down to iterating and playtesting, and just getting feedback and keep going with that. So there’s always a question about things.

I wonder when the death threats will start?

IMO, this is a good thing for COD. I've never had an issue with it but it's always been really silly to me.

Last Edited: Sep 6, 2013 2:00 PM
        • Test #1
          51. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

Isn't quickscoping literally aiming down sight really fast then shooting without aiming? I've only tried it once in BO so I don't know how it works now. Did aim-assist really help it that much where they took it out on snipers?

Last Edited: Sep 6, 2013 11:29 AM
          • Test #1
            52. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

Quickscoping is basically putting the target in the center of the screen and then pulling the left trigger then about a half of a second later pull the trigger.  ADS time is normally .3-4 so most of the time, so they are in barely into scope when they shoot.

Last Edited: Sep 6, 2013 11:46 AM
            • Test #1
              53. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

So how would they even come about fixing it anyway? Increasing ADS time ? I've watched some sniper gameplay and it's definitely still there, if anything easier aiming with that circular reticle looking thing. Maybe they'll fix that in the release?

Last Edited: Sep 6, 2013 12:06 PM
              • Test #1
                54. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

OMG! What am I gonna do now? How am I gonna beast the noobs? No, no... this is not happening. This is all a dream.

http://imageshack.us/a/img194/5821/i5c.gif

Last Edited: Sep 6, 2013 12:17 PM
                • Test #1
                  55. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

Either way there will still be complaining.

Last Edited: Sep 6, 2013 12:26 PM
                  • Test #1
                    56. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

iivrruummii wrote:

Quickscoping is basically putting the target in the center of the screen and then pulling the left trigger then about a half of a second later pull the trigger.  ADS time is normally .3-4 so most of the time, so they are in barely into scope when they shoot.

The mechanic is a little more complicated.  There is an ADS time and there is a time that it takes for your accuracy to switch from Hip Fire to Down Sights.  In BO the time to switch from hip accuracy to Down Sight accuracy was longer then it took to bring the weapon up thus the wobbly shots.  In early BOII, this was reversed where the accuracy time was less then gun raise time.

Taking the context of that interview, it seems like this guy was talking about aim assist (which coincidentally is influenced differently for hip fire v ADS).

Last Edited: Sep 6, 2013 12:26 PM
                    • Test #1
                      57. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

According to Mark Rubin via Twitter:

@IWMarkRubin: Twitter / IWMarkRubin: Update/Clarification regarding ...

Update/Clarification regarding Sniper Rifles:

One of the areas that is getting lot of love in Call of Duty: Ghosts is the Sniper Rifle. By creating the Marksman class we were able to focus the Sniper class on really powerful high-caliber weapon systems. We feel, and many of the pro players who have played would agree, that sniping has never been better.

The changes we’ve made, like dual render scopes and increased damage really make snipers a great competitive class to use. We’ve also done a lot with map design (sight lines and cover) to ensure that all classes are viably effective. Both short range and long range classes will be effective on the same maps.

However in re-envisioning sniper rifles some aspects, such as sway timing, have changed the way sniper rifles function and so traditional “quick-scoping” has been affected. Is it gone completely? Maybe. It certainly won’t be viable in the way it previously was. Can’t wait for you snipers out there to get your hands on these new sniper rifles and try them out for yourselves.

See you in game!

-Mark

Last Edited: Sep 6, 2013 12:33 PM
                      • Test #1
                        58. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

I do hope they really increased the damage. I wish they are now 1 hit kill anywhere on the body.

Last Edited: Sep 6, 2013 12:44 PM
                        • Test #1
                          59. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

Especially in the foot and hand.

Last Edited: Sep 6, 2013 12:45 PM
                          1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next