1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 102 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2013 5:58 AM by rlbl Go to original post RSS
      • 60. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!
        maccabi

straight from iw...

Update/Clarification regarding Sniper Rifles:

One of the areas that is getting lot of love in Call of Duty: Ghosts is the Sniper Rifle. By creating the Marksman class we were able to focus the Sniper class on really powerful high-caliber weapon systems. We feel, and many of the pro players who have played would agree, that sniping has never been better.

The changes we’ve made, like dual render scopes and increased damage really make snipers a great competitive class to use. We’ve also done a lot with map design (sight lines and cover) to ensure that all classes are viably effective. Both short range and long range classes will be effective on the same maps.

However in re-envisioning sniper rifles some aspects, such as sway timing, have changed the way sniper rifles function and so traditional “quick-scoping” has been affected. Is it gone completely? Maybe. It certainly won’t be viable in the way it previously was. Can’t wait for you snipers out there to get your hands on these new sniper rifles and try them out for yourselves.

See you in game!

-Mark

Source (as i know some of you are pedantic about these things  x x    TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter

• 61. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!
          Submit2MyWill

According to Mark Rubin:

Twitter / IWMarkRubin: Update/Clarification regarding ...

Update/Clarification regarding Sniper Rifles:

One of the areas that is getting lot of love in Call of Duty: Ghosts is the Sniper Rifle. By creating the Marksman class we were able to focus the Sniper class on really powerful high-caliber weapon systems. We feel, and many of the pro players who have played would agree, that sniping has never been better.

The changes we’ve made, like dual render scopes and increased damage really make snipers a great competitive class to use. We’ve also done a lot with map design (sight lines and cover) to ensure that all classes are viably effective. Both short range and long range classes will be effective on the same maps.

However in re-envisioning sniper rifles some aspects, such as sway timing, have changed the way sniper rifles function and so traditional “quick-scoping” has been affected. Is it gone completely? Maybe. It certainly won’t be viable in the way it previously was. Can’t wait for you snipers out there to get your hands on these new sniper rifles and try them out for yourselves.

See you in game!

-Mark

• 62. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

Nice to see they clarified a little bit. Looks like they are doing more than dumping aim assist and adjusting the sway, which actually would accomplish something, unlike Treyarch's idea of accomplishment. To think that Vahn got death threats for a nerf that did nothing, hopefully all of those kids just stay on BO2. I look forward to actually being able to hardscope with success again.

• 63. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r wrote:

I do hope they really increased the damage. I wish they are now 1 hit kill anywhere on the body.

I wouldnt expect that at all. If you want that, play HC where its been that way forever.

• 64. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!
                scotland-rules

See I never understood the whole QScoping debate. I mean was it because you could kill someone in one shot? I mean I never understood this because I play hardcore.

Honestly playing Hardcore tends to give you a much less stressful CoD experience

• 65. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

First we get dedicated servers on X1 and now they're working to remove quick scoping, this Call of Duty is already showing more potential than the past two combined lol hopefully they follow through!!! Honestly they just need to make the accuracy go down significantly when someone jumps or drop shots and the game will be looking great. I don't think they will but they should. Jumping or going prone and instantly having pinpoint accuracy isn't right lol

• 66. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

This is the first bit of news I have seen that actually shows they are trying to take the franchise to a better place, everything else has looked the exact same as MW3.

• 67. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!
                      mobius72

I will be very pleased if this plague is finally over.

• 68. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!
                        candyslexia

Hey everyone, Mark put out a tweet today to elaborate for those with questions:

https://twitter.com/IWMarkRubin/status/376064752390516736

"Update/Clarification regarding Sniper Rifles:One of the areas that is getting lot of love in Call of Duty: Ghosts is the Sniper Rifle. By creating the Marksman class we were able to focus the Sniper class on really powerful high-caliber weapon systems. We feel, and many of the pro players who have played would agree, that sniping has never been better. The changes we’ve made, like dual render scopes and increased damage really make snipers a great competitive class to use. We’ve also done a lot with map design (sight lines and cover) to ensure that all classes are viably effective. Both short range and long range classes will be effective on the same maps.However in re-envisioning sniper rifles some aspects, such as sway timing, have changed the way sniper rifles function and so traditional “quick-scoping” has been affected. Is it gone completely? Maybe. It certainly won’t be viable in the way it previously was. Can’t wait for you snipers out there to get your hands on these new sniper rifles and try them out for yourselves. See you in game! -Mark"

• 69. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!
                          Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Please be more specific on what was done. Did you guys made the sniper rifles like how it was in BO1 pre-patch?

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next