1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 102 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2013 5:58 AM by rlbl Go to original post RSS
      • 80. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!
        iivrruummii

Quickscoping in HC with the marksmen rifle class, if snipers become to difficult to use.

• 81. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!
          RenovaKunumaru

The more difficult the weapon is, the more rewarding it should be when mastered. I'm sure the OHK power of the sniper class will now make up for the lack of QS.

I for one am not a fan of the QS community, however call of duty has slowly been outshined in my opinion of other fps's coming out. Good step in the right direction but still not the innovation to get me fired up for the series again.

• 82. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!
            Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

AFAIK, there's the weapon sway pre-scoped, the lack of crosshairs, and maybe the complete removal of aim assist. The combination of the first two will confuse the majority of the snipers on where the center of their screen is. If the third one goes through then things will be very difficult for a lot of snipers including the hardscopers when they dragscope.

The devs talked about the sniper rifles as being competitive and the damage was increased. I hope it's now one hit kill anywhere in the body. I can live will all that changes and I will continue to quickscope. I believe that the sniper rifles will play just like on the videos of Optic Hex and Faze Kross.

All the changes made to the sniper rifles will only mean that quickscoping in Ghosts is pure skill and quickscoping will live on.

• 83. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!
              maccabi

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r wrote:

AFAIK, there's the weapon sway pre-scoped, the lack of crosshairs, and maybe the complete removal of aim assist. The combination of the first two will confuse the majority of the snipers on where the center of their screen is. If the third one goes through then things will be very difficult for a lot of snipers including the hardscopers when they dragscope.

The devs talked about the sniper rifles as being competitive and the damage was increased. I hope it's now one hit kill anywhere in the body. I can live will all that changes and I will continue to quickscope. I believe that the sniper rifles will play just like on the videos of Optic Hex and Faze Kross.

All the changes made to the sniper rifles will only mean that quickscoping in Ghosts is pure skill and quickscoping will live on.

I'm not what you would call a "sniper" by any means so take the following as is my own opinion.

In mw3 and bo2 i can qs quite easily , but have always preferred to be old skool and plant myself somewhere and snipe through the scope playing a more supporting role in objective play..

When i played on ghosts and bear in mind i sniped for one and a bit game as i was trying out as many weapons as i could .I found sniping on ghosts to be more like it should be , i didn't feel i had been given stabilizers  and that i was actually having to aim myself again. you can still pull off some fast snipes but it comes down to luck and /or having a good idea where someone is likely to be and knowing when to fire then the insta kill scenario we have had in recent games.

On a related note I was actually standing behind faze kross when he was recording some of his footage and bejebus hes got good map awareness O_0 and wow he makes it look so easy

• 84. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!
                Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

That dude have 62K kills with the Ballista and a 1.56 KD on it.

Is the complete removal of aim assist on the snipers confirmed, Mac?

• 85. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

Good luck.  In HC, virtually all guns will be aim-assisted OHKs.  But if it helps you get your quickscope fix, by all means, knock yourself out. 

• 86. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!
                    Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Sniping/quickscoping/dragscoping is just one part of my game. I usually play with a lot of weapons but I use the sniper rifles to challenge myself and have fun. It's harder to use than the fully autos and that's why it's fun for me. I also realized that playing with a sniper gets me a lot of new friends invite online.

• 87. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

I have an optimistic kind of theory to do with all of this... for those genuinely concerned about the fate of quickscoping.

I personally believe that the dev perception of quickscoping and the dynamics of it is quite different to ours, therefore the "removal" of it is hardly of any worry to us and probably more of a tweak.

A lot of you seem to be missing the fact that back when quickscoping was first becoming a viable playstyle, it was kind of reliant on the way the hip-fire crosshairs worked. When the left trigger was pulled to cue the scope animation, the hip-fire crosshairs closed in whilst the scope approached the centre of the screen and got larger, and finally when the hip-fire crosshairs reached the centre, your screen was replaced with the blackened, zoomed in, scope render.

Guess what is completely absent for snipers in the Ghosts beta footage from the reveal?

HIP-FIRE CROSSHAIRS!

Now my theory relies on the fact that the developer's idea of quickscoping is much like the previously fundamental idea of it from back when it was first becoming "a thing". Because if you think about ghosts, the way the sniper rifle performs inbetween when you first press the scope-in trigger and when you are completely scoped in is completely different from previous titles. instead of the steady pan of the hip-fire crosshairs into a scope render, we have no hip-fire crosshairs and a lot about the animation from hip-firing to scoped is unknown.

that's just my very positive take on it all

• 88. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!
                        riksterinto

Well it did look as though FaZe Cross was having a hard time with the snipers in that gameplay.  He was not getting many multi kills or feeds.  My understanding is that everyone was actually playing on a PC with controllers and no aim assist since the PC version of the game doesn't have any.

It would be nice of them to clarify more specifically what is different.  It would really suck if the sniper rifles become useless and unable to compete with other weapon classes like in most other multiplayer FPS games.

• 89. Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!
                          maccabi

riksterinto wrote:

Well it did look as though FaZe Cross was having a hard time with the snipers in that gameplay.  He was not getting many multi kills or feeds. 

and there is exactly why removing qs is a good thing.. the aim of the game is NOT to get multikills and feeds