1 2 3 Previous Next 59 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2013 3:08 PM by Noob_Lyncher RSS

Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

Hey all,

So this is the first COD title I've decided to go "max prestige" and I'm regretting it.

The last few months of BO2 is in lobbies where players are continuously backing out or whenever they see a Prestige Master, they suddenly get scared at the sight of a player who reached master prestige.

I don't consider myself by all means a great player however the reaction I get by other players that my rank makes me a good player. Personally, rank means nothing when it comes to determining the skill of the player.

The only reason why I decided to go "max prestige" is because the unlock/levelling system puts you in a position to keep prestiging considering that you don't get access to all weapons, attachments etc once you reach Prestige Master. In past COD titles, I didn't have to go all the way to get all custom classes and get all weapons/attachments etc  which I do prefer over BO2's prestige system.

I'm considering resetting my stats because I'm getting tired of other players backing out due to a silly emblem but at the same time, I really don't want to lose all the work I've done on my diamond AR, SMGs and Shotguns.

So my question to you is "Do you fear Prestige Masters?" and if you are a Prestige Master, do you get the same reactions from other players?

vims1990
        • Test #1
          1. Re: Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

I certainly don't...Sure, it possibly means they've had more game time but not necessarily meaning their a better player. I've encountered great masters and some terrible ones too.

It's a shame you feel as though you need to reset to stop folk backing out...I actually blame the easiness of viewing others stats...They take a look, fill their pants and exit the lobby.

Last Edited: Sep 7, 2013 4:50 PM
          • Test #1
            2. Re: Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

Nope.

Prestige level - Amount of time played. Nothing else, nothing more.

Last Edited: Sep 7, 2013 4:53 PM
            • Test #1
              3. Re: Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

I would choose a fresh start just to start clean..

Last Edited: Sep 7, 2013 5:00 PM
              • Test #1
                4. Re: Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

hostagek1ll3r wrote:

Nope.

Prestige level - Amount of time played. Nothing else, nothing more.

Not necessarily...There's plenty of people that stop at 55 or 1st 55 that could have more hours played.

Last Edited: Sep 7, 2013 4:59 PM
                • Test #1
                  5. Re: Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

Nope.  Problem is that Prestige Masters have everything unlocked so that's balance out of the window right there.

Last Edited: Sep 7, 2013 5:12 PM
                  • Test #1
                    6. Re: Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

A prestige master, in the eyes of the common, is someone who has a higher overall experience level in the game in regards to the unlocked CaC customizations, enhanced map knowledge, and good friends/clan mates.  With this in mind, the presence of a prestige master often intimidates random players to the point where they feel uncomfortable and back out of the lobby.

It's sad how people lack confidence to remain in the match, but we have no say in regards to how they can play their own game.  As a result, some prestige masters end up resetting their stats in order keep the intimidation factor at bay.

As for myself, I will never reset my stats.  I'm a prestige master.  Live in fear!!  

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Last Edited: Sep 7, 2013 5:18 PM
                    • Test #1
                      7. Re: Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

I don't fear them. Just means they've played enough to reach that level. And in this game, that really isn't much time at all.

Since I am a prestige master, I would never reset my stats due to reactions from other players. My rank is just all about me, for me. If that makes any sense.

The only thing about being a prestige master I don't enjoy, is other players thinking I'm good, then having an average game like usual, then hearing players talk junk because I'm not a beast. But thats their skewed view on the prestige master. Oh well.

Last Edited: Sep 7, 2013 5:23 PM
                      • Test #1
                        8. Re: Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

I am Master prestige for a while and horrible at the game.  24/7 nuke town dbl xp weekends I would get at least one prestige.  You can rack up a bunch of points with just tacticals.

Last Edited: Sep 7, 2013 6:07 PM
                        • Test #1
                          9. Re: Discussion: Do you fear Prestige Masters?

highlandsparky wrote:

It's a shame you feel as though you need to reset to stop folk backing out...I actually blame the easiness of viewing others stats...They take a look, fill their pants and exit the lobby.

Agreed. Stats compound on your rank given that players get so intimidated by it . I wish stats weren't easily accessible in the lobby screen.

As much as I like looking at my progress with certain weapons etc, I'd rather other opposing players NOT get intimidated by my stats.

Last Edited: Sep 7, 2013 8:15 PM
                          1 2 3 Previous Next