8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2013 6:56 AM by deamonomic RSS

Seriously, fix the spawns!

AnIrishGuy91

I don't understand this sometimes. It feels like the spawns are being meddled with constantly.

Until about a month ago the spawns were absolutely fine. Then suddenly, a 'game settings' whatsit occurred. From that point on I've had one of the following happen constantly. Particularly in TDM and Kill Confirmed:

1 - I have spawned at the other end of the map to get killed and returned to the other spawn side.

2 - Spawned and shot in the back.

3 - Me and one or two teammates clear a spawn as we used to but this time we turn around when the spawns switch and suddenly people spawn behind us. This did not used to happen nearly as often as it does now. They used to spawn at the other end due to our team being ubiquitous in one spawn. 2-4 of us simultaneously.

4 - People are spawning in the middle of the map so much more frequently recently, making it harder to keep streaks going as the spawning system has been so erratic.

I for one, actually enjoy the part of the game where the other team are trying to spawntrap my team and I try to fight out of the spawn. This doesn't seem to happen anymore. I'm not sure what has happened but the system has definitely been tweaked.

This is a severe case of 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' kind of scenario being ignored. The game is becoming tedious to play. Whoever is in charge of these issues in the game, just stop f***ing with the game when there is no need for it and let it be, unless your aim is to sap the fun out of your creation.

I have spoken.

• Re: Seriously, fix the spawns!

It's called people spawn killing.

Switch up your gameplay style to counter it

AnIrishGuy91

My playstyle never used to be an issue before. I used to spawn kill. I'm not getting spawnkilled as such. It's more to do with the game spawning me in random places across the map, half the time into gunfire without a chance. If the enemy is spawntrapping one side of the map, at least I have a fighting chance of getting out of the spawnside. Seeing as I play hardcore, getting spawned into gunfire is instant death.

deamonomic

AnIrishGuy91 wrote:

My playstyle never used to be an issue before. I used to spawn kill. I'm not getting spawnkilled as such. It's more to do with the game spawning me in random places across the map, half the time into gunfire without a chance. If the enemy is spawntrapping one side of the map, at least I have a fighting chance of getting out of the spawnside. Seeing as I play hardcore, getting spawned into gunfire is instant death.

just because it wasnt in the past doesnt mean it is now. in other words, Theres a first time for everything. BTW you do know people complain about the spawns in every CoD game right? Always has been a complaint and always will be

AnIrishGuy91

Still, I'd say it's different. I'm not really a person to enter a forum and complain about something. I just have a read normally. I think they only thing I've complained about so far are the SVU being OP in hardcore and the Peacekeeper destroying the balance of the game. I'll give an example of the spawns being way off what they should be. Playing on Nuketown my friend was doing his rounds in the middle of the map. Killed 4 people.He then shot a 5th person who spawned in that corner by thered car where you find a lot of campers and as the enemy died, a teammate spawned there instantaneously and inevitably got shot. Getting my friend kicked. That's not right. Spawning a teammate into FRIENDLY gunfire where enemies were still spawning.

starbuckfrack

Thats funny.

You tell them to let it be when people constantly come on here telling them to still fix it

I actually had a guy spawn IN me during a game last night (minds out of the gutter).

While playing Carrier I got a kill and ducked behind some crates by the plane on the lower deck. As I'm reloading I see this guys arm flash in front of me and I hear this "ARGHAHRHS" sound that someone makes when they jump from a high distance. I try to move and I'm stuck. At first I think a guy had blocked me in but as I'm struggling to move the camera slightly pans and I see a guys body wrapped inside my players body. Over the mic I hear "I SPAWNED IN A GUY." He spawned right frikn on top of me and we were stuck. We both get killed and the kill cam shows us morphed together. Totally insane.

Izjar11

The spawn in Bo2 is a copy and paste system from MW3 enhanced with the removal of deathstreaks, in other words the spawns were created to counter you (the victor) and provide help to the person who died. If your good, you will learn to take advantage of the spawn system and straggle it for as long as possible, (until the entire team spawns near you and overwhelms your position).