24 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2013 8:50 PM by xAEISx RSS

Who else feels the same way?

Yes, there are very good players on this game but for the most part, this game is full of hackers and cheaters. This game has actually ruined my online gaming experience and will not be buying Ghost and wasting money to Treyarch to play against hackers and cheaters and spending $15.00 on crappy maps.

I probably won't even buy a PS4 and if I do I will not be playing online anymore at all.

• Re: Who else feels the same way?

Totally! Sometimes I like to call restaurants that I don't plan on eating at and letting them know.

Bit of a stretch saying the game is full of hackers and cheaters. It does happen but the majority of people that get labelled as cheaters is the result of sour grapes.

Kothar44

A month ago I would have agreed with you, Amish Ninja.  Now I seldom go more than about 4 - 6 matches without someone starting the game with score streaks.  I have a friend in a clan that has a member with something called "wall clip" where you step out of the map and when someone goes past you step back in and shoot them in the back.  I've run across that a few times, but most people running it are smart enough to use it at spawn points.  Another guy in the clan uses a permanent vsat type hack with the entire other team always shown with arrows on his mini map (even hardcore.)  I played once with the vsat dude and it was so ridiculous getting call outs the entire game on location and direction.  Me and my friend reported them all and he still joins from time to time to see if anyone got banned yet.  They all still play.  And just in the last two weeks I find myself being shot through two or more walls, which never happened before. 

I think it's funny how all these players scream about hackers and cheaters. To be honest, there's nowhere near as many hackers as people claim. Boosters, somewhat. I've been playing from day 1 and have not seen as many hackers as are claimed to be in this game. Alot of times it's just butt-hurt people who have no other choice but scream hacker. Hell, I've been accused of hacking just because I get the drop on a guy before he did. It's your choice to not buy the next CoD or not play online. All I can say is have fun.

I have seen my dose of boosters, but i NEVER saw an actual hacker... So where are those all mighty hackers at? I haven't seen any of those on any lobbies on ps3... You are paranoid man, go get some chill pills

Goresh14

Well that didn't take long, here comes the "I never see it so it doesn't exist." Cheaters exist, I run across them daily, so how you say you miss them suggests your full of it and just trying to troll this thread. I just wish 3ARC and Activision would make an offical statement concerning the comunities concerns on this matter. The lack of which suggests to me they are behind it. Go buy Ghost being the motivation, not a bloody chance in hell!!

milo-iq

There are hackers on BLOPS 2, read my previous threads, however in 700hrs odd play come across maybe 10 players, which I've reported. Boosting is a lot more common but that's maybe once a week when I get chucked in with kids. On the whole in my experience hacking not an issue.See ya on Ghost's drx666

Until about 2 weeks ago I'd agree with people that most supposed hackers are just good players but over the last few weeks i've seen 9 hackers to be exact and never a single 1 before that, all had perm vsat, unlimited ammo, god mode and unlimited scorestreaks from the start.

1 thing is they were all just in league play and all rank 1 master by ridiculous points, you can view their recent games and see that they do the same thing every game.

I've never seen 1 online outside of league although I've seen 2 people with hacked stats like 1000000 kd and 10 spm, 15th prestige and the paladin callsign but these 2 were at least playing legitimately.

phxs72

Every time that I see one of these hacker threads I have to wonder where in the world are these guys playing?  I play more CoD than any human being should and I rarely run into an actual hacker.  Sure it does happen but if I were to say 1 in 1000 matches played then that would probably be a conservative guess.  Yes I am also on the PS3.  This leads me to think that those that claim the game to be hacked to death have absolutely no idea what a hack is or just played a match with an actual hacker and then kept playing with the hacker and based on that have decided that the game is hacked to death when in reality it was just one hacker for 10 matches in a row.  When I do find a hacker, I report them then I leave the lobby and I add them to my block list.  Odds are I'll never see that guy again.

XxBaloMatiasxX

2 days ago i went to a game and 2 guys from the enemy team they star use UAV hunter killer and chopper this happen only on the fist 20 seconds, I've check the game on the theater mode to check and I have 100% sure that was hacks. 

eleven1181

there are hackers but in all my time of playing ive only been in 4 hacked lobby's i think. its the fact the treyarch dont do anything to hackers that has stopped me from buying anymore cods theres been loads of different hacks and PM glitches they just do not care they have our money and are laughing all the way to the bank

Yes hackers have ruiners alot of people times on the game but htere are 2 points to this post.

1st of all there is no reason to not get a PS4. The PS4 is going to be a very goood console. So no reason for that.

2nd If you don't like playing online or you don't like call of duty, don't play. I have seen a lot of people complain about this. In fact about 4-5 people in the past 2 days. Just don't play.

Thank you for reading and I'm sorry if this post makes you mad in any way.

xAEISx

I have actually seen alot of hackers. Some I didn't understand. Like call signs we can't have on ps3. A lot of people end up having. Also, been in quiet a few games where people will just start the game, and a warthog is up all of a sudden. Right after the flag cap or first death. But as far as boosters go. I see 1 every 10 games no joke. Hardcore is where it mostly happens, so the booster can kill you when you get close enough. Only lasts for so long though haha.
                                I have been playing since day 1 too, friend had it preordered and sold it to me for cheaper. In the beginning, I never really saw anyone cheating. Passed few months, I see at least 2 or 3 a day minimally. I report them when I see em (and yes I go check theater first) but yet, reporting them doesn't do anything. Hell I saw someone boosting for weeks, he still plays.
                                Also another thing, I have blocked some boosters before. Yet I still get into games with them.

CallOfDutyFan88

ive never noticed any in game hackers but i have been seeing alot of the stuff every1 is mentioning in this thread appear more and more on youtube recently. at 1st i thought it was a xbox thing since they allow jtagged consoles on their network but im shocked to see a lot of this stuff is happening on ps3 too.

You don't think jailbroken ps3's are online or custom firmware?  Socom has been overrun by hackers/modders.  I have seen a fair share on this game, but most of them are probably modders and not actual hackers.  99% of the people that are "hacking" are just modders because hackers spend more time testing out the hacks and then sell them to modders that wanna use them online.  Although an easy solution is stop playing the game like I did, I just went back to BF3 and have had so much fun not dealing with the COD issues I always hated.  No more shoot someone and magically get quickscoped, no random matchmaking because I play in my US Server I bought and I can kick French, Portuguese, and anyone not from America in my server.  Makes it so much less laggy and gets rid of the bullet spongers (not saying BF3 is for everyone) just nice not playing COD anymore.  Just saying this is my experience. 

I don't know how to tell if somebody is a hacker. Could somebody please help me out and tell me what it is that hackers are ?please

xAEISx

Tbh man there is a lot of different ways to see one. Some don't even use it to their advantage. Surprisingly hard to hear, I know. But really, I have seen people hacking to get call signs or a fake prestige. There isn't alot of ways to find hackers, unless going to theater and they make it obvious. Main way to see one, is if he teleports everyone to him, has killstreaks before and or apon one action in game. Some, but remember UAV and Orbitals may be in the sky, but some have wall hacks and can watch you coming up a mile away using your hitbox. Unless you have proof, maybe a counter up and not going down (but there is hard wired) without the right perk and he is following you like a hawk.

Thanks that helps alot, but what I don't understand is why I get called a hacker sometimes and I don't or didn't know what they ment buy that cause when it comes to gaming online I'm fairly new at it. This isactually the first real game that I played online. My teenage boys got me hooked and at times I wished they didn't.

xAEISx

Oh man, one game I called called a hacker for going 16-10 with a knife. Then I went 30-5 with a knife and no one said anything. I have a lot of hate mail from people calling me a hacker. Saying they and everyone in the game reported me. But I don't use anything or do exploits to take advantage of the game.
                                                  So pretty much, just ignore them and hope that treyarch or the console you are on watches your videos if reported enough and not jump to conclusions.
                                                  But even then, just like in blizzard games. If you get banned, nerd rage hard enough you will get your account back.