8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2013 4:13 PM by philla_killa RSS

A couple issues with Hardcore Mode

1. Why isn't team killing/kicking consistent? I think if they're going to have a rule that gets you kicked after killing a teammate 3x, whether intentional, accidental, or due to trolling, it should be the same across the board. Especially with scorestreaks. Why is it that a teammate using a warthog can kill 3+ of their teammates with it per pass (usually kills more friendlies than enemies) but remain in the game, but I get kicked because my sentry gun killed a few teammates because they ran in front of it as it was firing?

2. A part of hardcore mode is that your equipment, both lethal and tactical, as well as friendly scorestreaks are not safe from teammates. If they want to be jerks, they can easily destroy anything of yours if they wanted to with an EMP grenade or just by shooting it.  All of them except for the Tac Insert. Why can this with stand all friendly attacks when all other friendly equipment doesnt? I'm an avid Tac Insertion user, but I would like to be able to disable friendly Tac Inserts as a way to fight against boosters by messing up their spawn system.  I think it's silly that we arent able to destroy friendly Tac Inserts, IMO.

• Test #1
          Re: A couple issues with Hardcore Mode

it would be much better without friendly fire..leave everything else in hardcore the same just take out FF

Last Edited: Sep 13, 2013 9:40 AM
          • Test #1

If Ghost brings back richochet that same warthog will give the user 3 deaths instead of killing 3 teammates for each pass that it takes.  That's the one good thing about richochet in my opinion.  Carelessness with scorestreaks falls on the user and the user alone.  Of course the flip side of that is that random teammates have no incentive to avoid your scorestreaks and that is a bad thing.

Last Edited: Sep 13, 2013 10:02 AM
            • Test #1

another problem i see is that there needs to be more modes. i HATE core now but theres like 15 modes while HC has 4...

i always play domination because its longer than the other 3 and theres no kill limit but it gets old playing the same mode over and over. i just dont understand why there isnt HC ground war or CTF or anything!

(and before you say "well play a different mode!") i hate core now, it takes so much to kill ppl. i could play it but much rather play HC and I like when there isn't a kill limit so it goes longer.

Last Edited: Sep 13, 2013 11:28 AM
              • Test #1

It doesn't kick the player who is host.

Last Edited: Sep 13, 2013 3:40 PM
                • Test #1

This is true, but usually it'll say stuff like [player] mistakes were made and give them a time limit before they can spawn in. Or at least I think thats what it does. However, it did none of this when the guys warthog was killing everyone.

Im not upset about being team killed by a warthog, it was done on purpose. Im more upset that if accidental kills by equipment or scorestreaks add to the 3 strikes and your out rule, then it should be the same for everything. If you're going to use the warthog on a small map like hijacked or nuketown, you run that risk of being kicked.

Last Edited: Sep 13, 2013 4:13 PM