15 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2013 5:49 PM by PeterPanzer903 RSS

Wunderfizz On All Maps HotFix?Good Idea or Bad?

DarkMega

I think I would love to see this machine in every map so far. I think Nuketown would benefit the most from the machine being able to have more options between perks is what the map needs in my opinion.

• Re: Wunderfizz On All Maps HotFix?Good Idea or Bad?
          timelordalex

i would not say no to it, but i cant see them adding anything, personally id like some classic BO1 WWs added to maps which dont have proper ones - the whole of green run/trashtown, and origins

no.....maps have a flavor and unique challenge and constant tweaking or easing just further erodes the integrity of the LB's.

Its like changing a first down from 10 yards to 7 yards......historical NFL stats are forever F'd up.

DarkMega

While I see your reasoning I still kinda think Nuketown needs something that makes it stand out a bit I mean I bought the Hardened Edition thinking it was gonna be all great but in the end it was rushed and nothing unique came out of it from past zombie maps.

DeathBringer-Zen

People said the same thing about Mule Kick when they added it into all the maps on BO1 during the BO1 forum days. Lot's of people created posts saying it made the game too easy now, but it only helped you get so far.

Adding Wunderfizz to the BO2 maps would be no different. Perks cannot really help you from 50 onwards, just the same as Mule Kick didn't help people from 50 onwards in BO1.

It would not effect the leaderboard's greatly, if at all.

DeathBringer-Zen wrote:

People said the same thing about Mule Kick when they added it into all the maps on BO1 during the BO1 forum days. Lot's of people created posts saying it made the game too easy now, but it only helped you get so far.

Adding Wunderfizz to the BO2 maps would be no different. Perks cannot really help you from 50 onwards, just the same as Mule Kick didn't help people from 50 onwards in BO1.

It would not effect the leaderboard's greatly, if at all.

Leader boards are more than level 50+ or the top few hundred. Most people know they'll never make that. They compete with their friends and on a map like Nuketown....adding a wunderfizz machine would be a big change.

As I said, every map has it's own flavor and "unique challenge". With Nuketown, the perk machines and PaP machine are a central part of both it's uniqueness and challenge. Bus Depot has nothing, Farm has no PaP and Nuketown has a randomness with a delay. They are what they are...because that was the plan.

I say all that not being a huge fan of the map myself but from the perspective of what I see as a slippery slope issue. We all plead with Treyarch to give us something different and while I think they miss the target bad on BO2 as a whole, these maps are unique and there are people that like them for that.

I pretty much agree on Mule Kick.....on BO1 It's only a mid level aid at best and on the BO2 maps with OP guns, a 3rd just gets in the way.

DeathBringer-Zen

I agree that each map does indeed have a nice balance too them, and it is what makes each map unique, so it would be OP to add the machine to the maps, but when Apocalypse drops on PS3 and PC, they will drop one, maybe two more updates for it then abandon the game completely.

They will no longer maintain the leaderboards, and within months, they will be dominated with glitchers and hackers, so they know themselves that and may drop it as an aid for the legit players out there to have fun with.

I do get though that it would definitely make some maps too easy, but there is no denying it would also spice things up a little. The maps are looking a little uninviting at the minute.

Brexican94

Been hoping so. Before Origins was ever announced, I have had the mindset that whatever new perk machine they add in DLC4, it should be added to the other maps as well, as Mule Kick was.

It was only fate that they would add a machine that gives you every cola...

I hope they add the Wunderfizz machine to all maps as well as adding some guns to all maps.

It would be good if there was a limit 5 slots but 7 or 8 perks to pick from also being able to delete perks would be good as well depending what weapon you have

timelordalex

i'd also like to see a complete overhaul of 'Custom Games', Custom Games needs to live up to its name, as we have next to none of customizable features, we should get as much customization as MP gets, weapon restriction (restrict/add weapons to box), remove/add perks (or switch in the case of Die Rise), you select the price of the perks/box, be able to select the round your on and what points you get when you spawn, of course this would not effect leaderboards OR rank, this would all be just for fun