38 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2013 8:37 AM by call-of-doody RSS

will any one play bo2 after ghosts comes out

there may be those dedicated players and those that will just move on what are you guys gonna do.

• Test #1
          Re: will any one play bo2 after ghosts comes out

No ..

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2013 5:45 AM
          • Test #1

There's usually between 60-90k online in both BO1 and MW3 whenever i go back to play them, and you can still find lobbies in MW2, WaW and CoD4 (although these games no longer have that much players and they all have pretty severe issues with hacks), so there's probably going to be plenty of players in BO2 for the next 2-3 years.

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2013 5:50 AM
              • Test #1

why do so many players hack in old cod games do they monitor the old servers

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2013 5:56 AM
                  • Test #1

The games don't use actual servers, they work with player hosted matches and use listen servers for that, there's probably nothing to monitor as far as hacks goes. The older games were also built with less security and at least the devs have said they would fix them if they could (although the newer ones are already hacked too, and have been for some time now) and they don't have have a in game reporting system so there's less chances of getting caught.

And any company will eventually stop customer support for an old product that no longer produces revenue, unfortunately with this series that  usually happens when the next game comes out.

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2013 6:29 AM
                • Test #1

Won't even be buying Ghost, this company has gotten it's last dollar from me

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2013 11:33 AM
                  • Test #1

My game disc will never again see the light of day once Nov 5th arrives.

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2013 11:37 AM
                    • Test #1

hell no, bo2 is the least fun cod ever

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2013 5:51 PM
                      • Test #1

Most likely, most players will move over. You will be left with people who can't afford to get Ghost, people who got BO2 from a friend or 3rd world country kids. The only reason I would even consider going back is that if Ghost had problems. On top of that, people will be moving on to the new PS4 and will probably sell their outdated PS3.

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2013 6:43 PM
                        • Test #1

Unless you announce me there will be zombie in Ghosts (ofc there is none...) then, i'll stil play bo2. I couldn't care less about MP, go read the post about 3arc actually doing COD: Lego... Advertising for kids. Over 30 millions ghosts copy gonna be sold i bet, and at LEAST 1 million to kids, so be prepare for squeakers... i had enough with bo2, hopefully no one indeed play bo2 anymore, so when i decide to go MP, i'd actually find some decent, mature player to play against and not some 12 yrs old... Go all play ghosts and leave bo2 alone indeed

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2013 6:43 PM
                          • Test #1

190k on worldwide when I logged in at 7 pm Pacific time.  I'd say there is already no one playing blops 2 anymore.  Every match these days has area code clan names that are thousands of miles from me.  Not even 1/2 the room is 4 bar anymore.  The only reason I play at all is for the social aspect of when a friend is playing and invites me.  I'll stop in for a few games, shoot the bull, ignore the horrendous lag, rubber bullets, getting shot and then seeing the bad guy come around a corner, raise his gun and begin to fire, score streaks being used at a 0-0 game etc etc. 

I have been reading your threads the last few days and I wish I still had your desire to play this game.  I read reviews before buying this after a less than stellar experience with MW3 and saw about 1/2 the world gets a fine connection and the other half have an unplayable connection.  I waited until the price dropped to $30 on a sale before picking it up in May.  By July I had already given up trying to get a connection to work.  Now I sit 12 levels from prestige master and seriously doubt I will ever play enough games to reach it.    

Last Edited: Sep 18, 2013 11:02 PM
                            • Test #1

I will be playing mw3 bops1 and bops2 till the ps4 launches then ill try the new killzone and battlefield 4 ill only get ghosts if there's no quickscodoes but I expect even if they take away QS they will patch it in at a later date

Last Edited: Sep 19, 2013 9:58 AM
                              • Test #1

I can say for sure when the BF4 beta comes out in October I am going to play that until BF4 comes out.  I myself have had enough of COD so I am going back to full time BF series.  I could care less what anyone says, but at least BF series keeps hackers away and reset's boosters every 1-2 months on that game so it is pretty legit.

Last Edited: Sep 19, 2013 10:15 AM
                                • Test #1

well it depends!?  if we are able to carry our character from ps3 to ps4 then i'll be ghosts all the way.  not really sure though

Last Edited: Sep 19, 2013 6:00 PM
                                  • Test #1

KMB_GoG_Antonio wrote:

there may be those dedicated players and those that will just move on what are you guys gonna do.

MW3 is the worst COD in history, and there are people that play that, so I'd venture to say there will be some Black Ops 2 players.

I know I'm going to miss what Treyarch did with the BO2 Ghost perk, so yeah, come next September, I can see myself popping in Black Ops 2 for old times sake.

Last Edited: Sep 19, 2013 6:13 PM
                                      • Test #1

-_-...you sir are a fool if you think Bo2 is better than MW3

Last Edited: Sep 19, 2013 6:21 PM
                                          • Test #1

b1n0-gHo5t wrote:

-_-...you sir are a fool if you think Bo2 is better than MW3

Black Ops 2 is not just better, BO2 is MUCH better than MW3. It's hilarious to me that you think MW3 is better. The Black Ops 2 Ghost perk is absolutely Brilliant; Great for rushers.

Last Edited: Sep 20, 2013 5:37 PM
                                            • Test #1

any game that has death streaks is a joke and is irredeemable

this is further cemented by fairly awful map design across the board, support stealth bombers, assassin ridiculously outclassing every other perk in its class, and generally bad gun balance

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 9:19 AM
                                                • Test #1

One could argue death streaks are more balanced than kill streaks. Just saying.

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 9:26 AM
                                                    • Test #1

one would also be irrelevant as well as arguably idiotic

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 9:28 AM
                                                        • Test #1

So, you think giving someone who is already doing well even more killing power is more BALANCED than helping someone who obviously needs it? Interesting. Elaborate on that for me? I mean since you think its irrelevant and/or idiotic.

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 9:57 AM
                                                            • Test #1

i never mentioned killstreaks even once, thanks for putting words in my mouth though ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

actively rewarding someone for dying repeatedly isn't balance

it's dumbing down the game and rewarding bad play

someone who 'needs the help' should practice and get better, apparently a lost art among you instant gratification gamers

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 10:03 AM
                                                                • Test #1

I did. And you disagreed. So, I asked you to elaborate on how kill streaks are more balanced than death streaks. Which you haven't done. .. I'll wait..

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 10:20 AM
                                                                    • Test #1

i said it was irrelevant to my post

which it is

and it's idiotic to continuously try to lure me into an irrelevant argument

even though killstreaks are undeniably better than deathstreaks as they reward a player for ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING instead of fiddling with their thumbs and getting rewarded

(there - NOW i disagreed with you, because frankly i can't understand why anyone would intentionally support further dumbing down the game for bad players - unless you're a bad player yourself at which point it would make complete sense)

but good job ignoring half of the post, that's one way to win an argument

hurr durr i'll wait for you to make some half assed cop out as to why rewarding players for playing badly is somehow better than trying to give them incentive to practice and get better at the game, and then i'll imitate yourself and completely ignore it

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 10:37 AM
                                                                        • Test #1

Once again you didn't answer the question.

1. It is completely relevant since you brought it up. "Any game with death streaks is completely..."

Once again. Are kill streaks which reward people who are already doing well (thus putting the game even more out of reach for the other team), or death streaks which help the struggling player , more BALANCED.

I didn't ask if you liked it or if you thought I was good or bad. Or if you were good or bad.

My point is this. This game has a HUGE problem with people quitting. Now I understand that the person quitting is at fault. However, knowing that people will quit when the game gets out of hand, regardless of probation, is sn issue. One solution would be to try and keep the games closer. And slowing down the endless streaks is one way to do it.

There are other examples but this post is already getting long.

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 11:32 AM
                                                                            • Test #1

saying deathstreaks are stupid isn't relevant to a deathstreaks versus killstreaks argument

it wasn't said with the intention of discussing deathstreaks versus killstreak balance

this game has a huge problem with people quitting because they're used to being overly compensated instant gratification gamers, that are used to being handed things like deathstreaks

if anything deathstreaks further cement the mentality that you should be rewarded for playing badly and will just make ragequitting worse when they aren't being compensated for doing nothing

bad players shouldn't be rewarded, good players don't have to be rewarded but they deserve the rewards more than the bad players

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 12:32 PM
                                                                                • Test #1

Good players are rewarded with the win. I agree that the way death streaks were implemented may not have been the best idea. But I think if they took what they've learned and tweaked them a little bit , they could be really helpful to someone who has never played before.

As far as quitting goes I fully agree with your opinion of quitters. However I've seen people quit who are playing well. I've seen guys go 20-4 and quit because they didn't get there second vsat. I just think that way too much has been put into score streaks/kill streaks. People completely ignore objectives, screw over teammates ect.

The last couple titles, this one in particular have had more blowout games than any other. I don't think death streaks are the best fix, and I don't think kill streaks are awful, I just think the system itself is flawed. I like beating on noobs and going 80-5 as much as anyone. But this game is the best when its an even matchup and the game goes down to the final second/kill.

Last Edited: Sep 22, 2013 3:15 AM
                                                                              • Test #1

i get it all the time dont coment to the 1s that look for argument they cant play the game only troll people i agree with you

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 12:23 PM
                                                                    • Test #1

This. And on top of that there was the absolutely horrible connection. I mean BO2 can lag like **** but in MW3 it was on another level, 9/10 matches absolutely unplayable, and pretty much every time i backed a host migration kicked up...

BO2 is much better in so many ways and also much more balanced, i really hope Ghosts isn't as bad (and laggy) as MW3 was.

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 9:52 AM
                                                                • Test #1

Hell no & i hope ghosts is not done by the same team as did BO2
                                                                  sooo many screw ups...Aim assist quick scope BS spawning..not dealing with bots/cheats
                                                                  even normal mode is dead now to all the cheesy clowns why bother taking any class when a guy with sniper will 1shot you without properly aiming
                                                                  league play...someone crashes the game you get deducted points and a 5 minute ban...losing half your team and getting deducted for losing when its 6vs2/3 a full 150 points

Last Edited: Sep 19, 2013 6:21 PM
                                                                  • Test #1

i stopped playing bo2 the third month i had it. terrible vapid superficial pos. bo1 and batman city and gta5 have kept me busy since.  mw3 i had for a month. although in retro it was better but once i get rid of a game i dont go back.

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 7:15 AM
                                                                    • Test #1

nop il be moving on to ghost black ops 2 is done with its sh*t ghost here we come

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 9:33 AM
                                                                      • Test #1

No I won't be buying it as there is no zombies. Without the zombies I would soon get bored. I only play FFA and am getting fed up of TS , boosters, reverse boosters, people with 9ft long arms, people who jump very high, riot shield campers, squeakers, lag and rage quitters.

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 1:04 PM
                                                                        • Test #1

I'll probably be back to play for the Clan Ops and Challenges.  Since the Ops continued this year for MW3 - I assume they will continue for BO2 for another year.  If Ghosts truly has made quick scoping hard or impossible to do - I'm sure the kiddies will all stay back on BO2 as well. So expect a higher concentration of Quick Scopers - Good Times.  lol

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 2:57 PM
                                                                          • Test #1

From what i've seen so far of Ghost, i'll stick to Bo2 thank you. I know many ppl outthere misses bo1 and feels nostalgic, and i agree bo2 has many blops, but i do like the grafics, gun sounds and motion of Bo2 and going back to b1 grafics and gun sounds few years later... no thanks.

I think they should at least have taken the good things i mentioned from Bo2 and go on from that.

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 5:14 PM