7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2013 11:17 AM by Cable99 RSS

Unable to join without an invite

I can't join my friends in multiplayer without an invite. It shows that they have room. Everything is set right. But I can't get in-ever. Not since Vengeance came out. I can be in a LIVE party with them, they are telling me they have room-but I can't get in. It always says, "Servers Full". WTF is going on? I tried @Atvisupport- after much back and forth, it turned out that I know more about game mechanics than the fool I was tweeting to. No help whatsoever.

• Re: Unable to join without an invite

Welcome to BO2... Joining friends was not anticipated in the design.

If your friends are in a game and there is room sometimes you can get in. But if there are 4 of them waiting in a open lobby you can't.

So you need an invite....

phxs72

I get that "servers full" message quite a bit on the PS3 as well.  I've often wonder just how could the servers be so full so often?  From what I've heard but haven't personally confirmed, sometimes if the party host isn't on your friends list then you won't be able to join.  But that could just be a tinfoil hat theory because I know that I've joined parties before with hosts that I didn't know.

EmiliozGunz

Hello,

Does this occur in any specific game mode? Does everyone in the party have any DLC installed, that possibly you do not? Are you attempting to join from in game or through the xbox dashboard?

^JG

ATVI Support

EmiliozGunz wrote:

Hello,

1) Does this occur in any specific game mode?

2) Does everyone in the party have any DLC installed, that possibly you do not?

3) Are you attempting to join from in game or through the xbox dashboard?

^JG

ATVI Support

From my experience... (XBL)

1) Yes Multiplayer (mainly TDM/KC)

2) No, sometimes everyone does not have the DLC & sometimes all have DLC. I do have ALL DLC Packs!

3) Yes. Does not matter if in game or dashboard.

The only way to join friends is hope WHILE they are playing a round someone leaves. Or on the very rare occasion as they transition out of a match and someone leaves you may be able to get in.

Note! if I have 1, 2, or up to 5 friends just sitting in a OPEN lobby. No one can join without an invite. ALWAYS PERIOD! This is how this has been since launch.

I find the boiler plate response above, which is an expected response just after the product launch, insulting at this date so many months from launch. You respond like this is the first instance of this issue.

I guess you can't expect more out of outsourced customer service.....

FlavaSprinkles

Thanks for the replying with all that info!

Honestly, you should be able to join up on your friends' matches. It's not unheard of, but this isn't something that we expect to happen when you go to play.

Does this only happen when you try to join other people? Or can they not join you as well?

Usually, we see this when the party leader's connection is unstable. If you've been experiencing this since day one, please let us know what your connection setup is like, and we'll do our best to see what's going on!

Speedtest.net results are always helpful too!

Thanks!

^LM

In my case (I'm the OP)- it happens in HC TDM and HC KC.

These are my FRIENDS. We all have the DLC content.

Sometimes I am in LIVE party with them and they are telling me they have (2,3,4,5) players only on their team. I can join them BEFORE they get in a game lobby-but I can't join lobby or join active games w/out an invite.

This error has been going on since Vengeance pack DLC. I never had this problem with these same friends prior to that.

I have erased and re-downloaded it- same garbage.

I CAN join them with my other gamertags-just not my primary one. Which is the one that has them all on the friend list.

Also, after much trial and error, we KNOW who makes the best(most stable) party leader. So I'm not joining a "weak sister", either.

And it happens from friend list or in game list.