1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 517 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2013 4:48 PM by iivrruummii Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: Quickscoping

I do get frustrated when I am killed by someone who is not even aiming and somehow is more accurate than me even when I am actually aiming my weapon (e.g. SMG, Pistol, Sniper Rifle, AR). There is an issue when a sniper can out beat weapons in their intended range, e.g. the SMG, and or the Shotgun, sometimes even Assault Rifles. I don't care if some of you feel that the sniper should be viable at all ranges it shouldn't. If you feel this way then all weapons in the game should be viable at all ranges. I fer sure feel that people will get anal when a Remington has the ability to one shot across turbine. I am also frustrated when quickscopers and trickshotters don't play the ******* OBJECTIVE!

• 31. Re: Quickscoping

Mark Rubin did comment on this.

Quickscoping will NOT be in Call of

Duty: Ghosts

Mark Rubin has posted an update on Twitter regarding all the talk about Ghosts’s quickscoping feature. Raven Software designer said in an interview that quickscoping won’t be in Ghosts, which led many to ask to see if that’s actually true. Mark Rubin today confirmed that it was, and it said that quickscoping is basically gone from Ghosts.

One of the areas that is getting lot of love in Call of Duty: Ghosts is the Sniper Rifle. By creating the Marksman class we were able to focus the Sniper class on really powerful high-caliber weapon systems. We feel, and many of the pro players who have played would agree, that sniping has never been better.

The changes we’ve made, like dual render scopes and increased damage really make snipers a great competitive class to use. We’ve also done a lot with map design (sight lines and cover) to ensure that all classes are viably effective. Both short range and long range classes will be effective on the same maps.

However in re-envisioning sniper rifles some aspects, such as sway timing, have changed the way sniper rifles function and so traditional “quick-scoping” has been affected. Is it gone completely? Maybe. It certainly won’t be viable in the way it previously was. Can’t wait for you snipers out there to get your hands on these new sniper rifles and try them out for yourselves.

See you in game!

SOURCE: @IWMarkRubin http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/09/06/quickscoping-will-not-be-in-call-of-duty- ghosts/

• 32. Re: Quickscoping

It IS easy to remove because Medal of Honor did it. That is one of the reasons why it was never that popular with its last game a while ago. They removed QS and since everyone was so used to how MW2 had QS, hardly anyone stayed with MOH due to that.

• 33. Re: Quickscoping

well, do you have proof that 20% of the players QS? I bet you dont. Dont try to pull that bullsh*t when you did the exact same thing and cant back up what YOU are trying to state as fact. And there is proof. Bowling stated the 1% back in the MW2 days.

• 34. Re: Quickscoping

I believe that it is still 1%, but it being at a low percentage doesn't mean it isn't an issue.

• 35. Re: Quickscoping

The reason why it is an issue regardless of the amount of people doing it is because they all migrated to objective matches, mainly DOM and S&D. If it wasnt for that, and if they were more spread out through other game types, then it would not be that big of an issue. But since they are mainly going to those objective matches that have the most killcams and longer time limits, that is why the issue is there.

• 36. Re: Quickscoping

Also in OBJ Matches people are mainly focused on the Objective, where as these qs'ers are not and are just going after the players for easy kills.

• 37. Re: Quickscoping

Just like how they always have to use flashes on their enemy because they cant get a kill unless the enemy is either distracted by the objective or blinded by the flashbang. Otherwise QS cant get a kill in a real head to head conflict. They are just as bad as campers in objective matches. They dont do anything to help out the team, they are only in it for themselves and only want to do what THEY want to do and to hell with everyone else.

That is why I am glad they are changing it. I dont care if a couple people say to "learn and adapt" or "they should be able to play how they want". That is all horsesh*t and they know it. Either that or those same people themselves QS. We have adapted to this crap for the past 4-5 years and IW has allowed these people to run rampant without any discipline for not playing the game. Now that Bowling is gone and a new head is in charge and they are changing things to go back to the way it should be, these idiots are trying to raise hell because they dont want to play by the rules and they are too used to how things USED TO be run and they were so used to having IW hold their hand for the past few years despite the constant pleas from the rest of the community to get rid of the rouge teammates.

Its time these people grew up and started playing by the rules again. The training wheels are coming off so they best be ready to just deal with it or go find another game because even though QS are making that big of a fuss, 1% leaving the game wont even make a dent in the amount of sales Ghosts will accumulate for IW and Activision. So boycotting and returning the game wont shake them in the least which is the best part.

• 38. Re: Quickscoping

Ya because the quickscoping community is what is wrong with COD.  *sarcasm*

Don't you think it is the community in general that doesn't "play by the rules"?  Even the ones that do play by the rules get scolded for being tryhards or "MLG Pros".

• 39. Re: Quickscoping

He said maybe it would be gone, somebody's going to find a way to do it, they always do.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next