1 41 42 43 44 45 Previous Next 517 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2013 4:48 PM by iivrruummii Go to original post RSS
      • 420. Re: Quickscoping
        iivrruummii

poisonvein7 wrote:

(Current Sniper): close range - extremely effective

medium range- extremely effective

long range - extremely effective

Lies.

• 421. Re: Quickscoping
          poisonvein7

you see the problem with the potential tho is that the sniper has a higher potential then all of the other classes, only because of its OHK status tho. i will however say a sniper should require 1 shot because 2 is plain stupid.

i know every gun, aside from the shotgun, can kill outside its ranges, but the sniper is just better at it then the rest and that is why i feel it should be adjusted slightly to balance things out a bit thats all.

• 422. Re: Quickscoping
            poisonvein7

so if thats lies what your telling me is that the sniper cant out gun a shotguns, smg, ar, or lmg inside their effective kill ranges? because as of now it can. its hardest CQC target to compete with atm is a shotgun due to the fact both can get OHKs

• 423. Re: Quickscoping
              iivrruummii

"Extremely effective" is complete BS and you know it.  It all depends on the players.  If you put two equally skilled players against each other the SMG, AR, etc. will win most of the gunfights. 

• 424. Re: Quickscoping
                poisonvein7

this goes to the potential tho. because it is a OHK they can outgun the other player even if they have fired off rounds. in order to kill the QS they must land just about every shot and arent aloud to miss while they are only required to land one.

the reason a listed the classes the way i did is because that is how they should behave in general and as of now that is not the case. im fully aware a good player as the potential to outgun a QS but that doesnt justify the way the sniper is being used.

• 425. Re: Quickscoping
                  deamonomic

poisonvein7 wrote:

you see the problem with the potential tho is that the sniper has a higher potential then all of the other classes, only because of its OHK status tho. i will however say a sniper should require 1 shot because 2 is plain stupid.

i know every gun, aside from the shotgun, can kill outside its ranges, but the sniper is just better at it then the rest and that is why i feel it should be adjusted slightly to balance things out a bit thats all.

this is how snipers are in almost every FPS out there. I disagree with the notion that a sniper does better at killing up close then an AR does at long range. I still think everyone is focusing too hard on the OHK aspect. Yes it only takes one shot, but regardless what most try to make it seem, its harder to land that shot the closer you are. Not only because you have less chance to aim properly, but you have to adjust your aim faster which is harder the closer you are to something, and the other player if they are taking proper advantage of the strengths of their weapon class the sniper should likely miss because they are moving fast, whether its strafing, taking cover, halo jumping, dropshotting, or strafing while hipfiring the sniper is at a disadvantage upclose not because of weapon damage but because of other aspects of the guns themselves. This is something that is continually ignored and swept under the rug. Killing power is not the only thing that matters in the game. There are other variables that come into play with each weapon class. In most of the quick scoping videos I have seen including the one posted by firesens, the players that were killed were killed because they were basically standing still. They were not fully using their own weapons capabilities which is the true reason as to why they died, not the OHK.

• 426. Re: Quickscoping
                    poisonvein7

with your logic its like saying there was nothing wrong with the mp7 in mw3, which is only supposed to be effective at close/medium range, outgunning snipers because of its little to no recoil. i have no problem with the weapon and dont care if people use it, my point is it doesnt behave like an smg in the sense that it could shoot so far with such extreme accuracy.

• 427. Re: Quickscoping
                      deamonomic

poisonvein7 wrote:

this goes to the potential tho. because it is a OHK they can outgun the other player even if they have fired off rounds. in order to kill the QS they must land just about every shot and arent aloud to miss while they are only required to land one.

the reason a listed the classes the way i did is because that is how they should behave in general and as of now that is not the case. im fully aware a good player as the potential to outgun a QS but that doesnt justify the way the sniper is being used.

they can actually afford to miss, because of the other weapons class higher mobility, if they are using it properly and to its fullest the sniper is likely going to miss because they are on the move. QS doesnt give them an unfair advantage because of its OHK potential, It just rewards them for landing that one shot to the chest or head because to land it somewhere else is to die before even being able to aim again let alone fire off another shot.

• 428. Re: Quickscoping
                        deamonomic

poisonvein7 wrote:

with your logic its like saying there was nothing wrong with the mp7 in mw3, which is only supposed to be effective at close/medium range, outgunning snipers because of its little to no recoil. i have no problem with the weapon and dont care if people use it, my point is it doesnt behave like an smg in the sense that it could shoot so far with such extreme accuracy.

that gun was a laser. kills across the map going full auto with rapid fire and nothing to help reduce recoil with perfect accuracy. even took my thumb off the stick.

• 429. Re: Quickscoping
                          iivrruummii

Heck nearly every weapon on MW3 was a laser even the LMGs.

1 41 42 43 44 45 Previous Next