1 2 3 Previous Next 67 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2013 11:51 AM by T-dubbyf4i RSS

No League Play in CoD Ghosts is Not Good

League play appeals to solo players and team squads for the same reason. Good competition in a competitive environment i.e. specific weapons, perks, maps, and game modes.

Not having league play at all is a  HUGE step back. Public matches become so stale after a while where there is zero competition. Truly those experienced in CoD can 1v6 an average pub team.

One cannot use the fact that only 6-10k are on league play at any given time... The reason for that is that people will often come and play their 2 games for the day to get their daily bonus and then quit for the day... That or they get a certain amount of + points and quit so to stay at their current ranking. Everyday 30-40k if not more people log into league play to play and rank up. There is probably hundreds of thousands of unique hits on league play every week. A majority of those strictly play league play because of its innovation into CoD.

No league play would be a poor choice, and to say it is replaced with Clan Vs. Clan seems like a poor transition backwards...

• Test #1
          1. Re: No League Play in CoD Ghosts is Not Good

you've basically answered your own post there, a game mode where people dont hang around and leave after a few games is not good at all, and yes the low player count we see as end users is not a valid point to make as that shows how little the game mode is played.  While we see the player counts the devs see the actual metrics of UU's a day/week/month and this is what is used to decide whether game modes get dropped.

Leagueplay had alot of potential but had inherent flaws, it wasnt well recieved by the wider community and I think its removal from Ghosts is a good thing as its been replaced with something the majority of the community has wanted for years proper clan v clan playlists.

If i was you i would reserve judgement on what clan v clan will actually offer until more details have been released as atm you're basically basing your opinion on your obvious dislike of a mode you like being removed.

also dont forget a few months back IW had a buncha of the top esports people out to discuss competitive play in ghosts they obviously liked what they saw and IW i am sure took their feedback on board

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 7:17 PM
          • Test #1
            2. Re: No League Play in CoD Ghosts is Not Good

Ghosts will have clan battles which is really what LP should have been in BO2.

Last Edited: Sep 21, 2013 10:57 PM
            • Test #1
              3. Re: No League Play in CoD Ghosts is Not Good

League play appeals to solo players and team squads for the same reason

No it doesn't. While there are certain reasons for solo players to play league, every team player absolutely hates solo guys. No matter of moshpit or champions leauge, it is always the best to play in a full party. Random solo players leave way too often. Also you will get 15x more score if you play against teams, which makes playing a solo player team a waste of time.

In Ghosts, competitive play is for teams only, which is a good thing. Of course there would be ways to make it better for solo players but BO2 league just failed in that point.

For a full list of why BO2 league is total crap please follow this link: League is an epic fail

Last Edited: Sep 22, 2013 1:19 AM
              • Test #1
                4. Re: No League Play in CoD Ghosts is Not Good

I am pretty sure having less then 1% of the population playing league play justifies it being removed

Last Edited: Oct 7, 2013 4:58 AM
                • Test #1
                  5. Re: No League Play in CoD Ghosts is Not Good

I'm glad it is being removed and that they are putting in better clan vs clan support. I just hope they do it right and don't screw it up.

Last Edited: Oct 7, 2013 5:18 AM
                  • Test #1
                    6. Re: No League Play in CoD Ghosts is Not Good

A playlist supposed to be competitive where you could get War Machine and Vtol Warship. Killstreaks dont go togheter with competitive gaming, it will not be missed.

If you really want competitive gaming once ghosts is out join private gaming leagues

Last Edited: Oct 7, 2013 5:36 AM
                    • Test #1
                      7. Re: No League Play in CoD Ghosts is Not Good

my question is, what is IW going to be doing about the booters issue that Blops 2 has.

Last Edited: Oct 7, 2013 7:39 AM
                      • Test #1
                        8. Re: No League Play in CoD Ghosts is Not Good

There is nothing that can really be done to stop it. Even with dedi's a person can still flood another players IP if they know it and cause them to drop off aka get booted.

Last Edited: Oct 7, 2013 4:21 PM
                        • Test #1
                          9. Re: No League Play in CoD Ghosts is Not Good

I had nothing against LP when they introduced it, but that quickly changed when Treyarch gave it all of their attention and ignored the 99%. Now I'm glad its gone, MLG can go back to being the 1%, they do nothing for the game.

Last Edited: Oct 7, 2013 6:49 PM
                          1 2 3 Previous Next