1 2 3 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2013 12:55 PM by Kalkiavatara RSS

Just me or do girl players get abused a lot...

I'm sick of getting a fair bit of abuse just because I am a girl player. Does this happen to any girl? I don't think some people can stand the fact that sometimes they do get beaten by a girl

• 1. Re: Just me or do girl players get abused a lot...

I'm not a girl, but i know what you talk about. Happen alot in some random lobbies i go in, they just either talk sex-related to girl or w/e. I'm french, and most ppl that speak english just makes fun of us cause we're french. Not that we can't defend em, or just mute. You should just do the same, if they talk crap, just mute em, but before that, defend yourself

• 2. Re: Just me or do girl players get abused a lot...

Yes of course. I always end up muting them.. but it does give you that hopeless feeling :/
            ohwell, thank you!

• 3. Re: Just me or do girl players get abused a lot...

You can't really do nothing against that, it's part of the community... I know it sux, but you gotta deal with em or mute...

• 4. Re: Just me or do girl players get abused a lot...

I'm also not a girl, but I do play with girl gamers, and for the most part people don't talk bad or naughty to the girls. If they do, the other guys and me in the party step in the conversation and we tell the girls to just mute them. It's sad though. There is no respect anymore on the internet. My mother always said to be nice and respect to girls and to stand up for those in need. By the way, this is coming from a 16 year old. If it gets out of hand always mute all except party.

• 5. Re: Just me or do girl players get abused a lot...
                  nuttin2say

In 2013 it is amazing that young men and boys still cling to gender related stereotypes, but many still do. In certain physical capacities, true, women and men are not equal. But a video game is not a terribly physically challenging endeavor. That there are women that can outplay, outgun, and outwit men should come as no surprise at all.

I would highly advise gamers not mock fellow gamers regardless of sex. I'm not the best player out there but I have caused plenty of players to regret their big mouths quite often. And I've seen a good number of female gamers do the same.

Those things said, boys will be boys. Smack talk IS a part of any "sport," gaming is no exception. Smack talk is fine, but it can get out of control. In the day and age women's lib, as a female gamer you have to accept that your male counterparts are going to run their mouths.

Show them your grit. Blow kisses or talk to them as you would a little brother, telling them its okay, one day they'll be able to wear big girl panties, too. That, trust me, will embarrass them.

• 6. Re: Just me or do girl players get abused a lot...

Hahahah that is entirely true and i know there's really no point complaining, but thank you so much and you are right it is part of gaming. Thank you so much! Made my day

• 8. Re: Just me or do girl players get abused a lot...
                      Darkdyllon

wel i have seen my fair share of girl gamers and i dont mind them at all.

but some girls are like oh hey guys im a girl can you go easy on me? i never go easy on anyone girl or guy.

but i have seen people like GURRRRLLL! and im like here we go again>.>

most of the times we just go into a party to avoid that.

also i think its mostly KYR speedy's fault for these kind of reactions with howmany times they do it.

• 9. Re: Just me or do girl players get abused a lot...
                        Thedestoyer

It disgusts me to no end. But it just goes to show you how uncomfortable some of these CoD nerds are around girls. They can't talk to them in real life, so when a girl is in the lobby, why not take out their frustrations on the girl? It is actually quite sad.

1 2 3 Previous Next