13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2013 2:35 PM by r8edtripx RSS

Fix your game Treyarch.

katanacommander

I've noticed that not only me but a ton of people have been having this trouble lately. For the past week I've been barely able to get into any lobbies at all, haven't been able to join any and it shows its looking for games but never finds any.  I've done everything on my end; changing my routers around, restarting them, going direct from my wall outlet to my xbox, and nothing is working.  Everyone I talk to is having the same trouble and it has to be something on your end.  I've had this game since it came out and its getting to the point where I'm going to have to quit playing it till something gets changed on the servers with this game.  Who all else is having this trouble or is it just me now.

• Re: Fix your damn game Treyarch.
          hudder92

Yeah, I haven't played for a couple months, and today I was bored and decided to try and play. TDM and KC both just sticks me in empty lobbies that never fill. My NAT is Open and I have tried ever setting for search preferences.  After three hours of trying I gave up and tried Domination. I was able to get into a Domination Lobby. Even then when it was searching it said one lobby available.

I thought there for a moment that everyone else got tired of the BO2 BS and quit playing like I did. But when you look at the map it shows the US being lit up like a chritmas tree. Just doesn't make much sense to me.

katanacommander

Exactly.  I've tried doing both hard core and core,  I'm a big hc gamer, and I've done kill confirmed and domination and it won't get me into a game at all.  I was trying to play some before I went to work but it won't get me into any game at all.  i've gotten into some ffa earlier this week but I've been having trouble all week.

Some say it's because your DLC packs don't match to whoever's online. If you remove/add certain DLC pack(s) your chances getting into a match increase.

• Re: Fix your game Treyarch.
                  Firesens

That is BS, yesterday I was able to get into a match just fine with only 2 map packs but now today I can't get into any. It is searching and then throws me into a lobby with only myself and searches forever, then restarts just to do the same crap all over again. There is something wrong on their end.

IIn other CoD's this improved, in this game it has literally got worse every single update. I feel for people that live in places where you need to have your search preference set to ANY just to get into a game.

slayerextreme

there is no more money to be made by Treyarch on this installment of COD.....all DLC has been dropped and anything but minor tweaking is no longer profitable.....bottom line is the game in its current state is in its final stages and will remain as such until all support drops off completely...

Pretty sure, that Treyarch and all its support groups are focusing on the 2014 installment and building their next generation of COD for the new XBOX one platform

starbuckfrack

I understand there is a problem but this game doesnt play on servers. The MOST it could be is the Microsoft Matchmaking servers which are a totally different animal. Matchmaking servers are not controlled by Activision. Once you connect onlie and see the version numbers change you are in control of the matchmaking servers.

Now if you are in an isolated area that can cut down your chances of getting into lobbies. As well as many other factors involved.

As for me once in a while I get no servers found, so I back and and the matchmaking servers show up again.

I only have that problem after 10pm where I live any time before then I find lobbies fine. after 10.. its wait for 5-10 to find a match.

CrashPower

I know how you feel. It's not on your end its on theirs. Matching
                          can take longer in the time frame after the majority of the west coast players
                          go to bed and before the east coast players log back on in the morning due to
                          the fact that there are less people playing. However, is it me or do the Call
                          of Duty servers have more matchmaking issues during the months just before the
                          next version of the game is released in the fall? I'm not just referring to waiting
                          longer than normal for others to enter the pre-game lobby. Other issues such as
                          the server matching players in a pregame lobby and then kicking many of them
                          out to search for a new lobby OVER and OVER again. Could it be that Activision feels
                          they've got the majority of sales there going to get for the current game so
                          they cut back on the servers to save money or could it be because they need to
                          reallocate some of them for testing of the next game's multiplayer system.

codchamp

If you are having issues finding games. Then most likely you do not have the same maps as everyone else. IMO you either need to have all the map packs or none of them to find lobbies. This is how it is every year around this time.

r8edtripx

katanacommander wrote:

I've noticed that not only me but a ton of people have been having this trouble lately. For the past week I've been barely able to get into any lobbies at all, haven't been able to join any and it shows its looking for games but never finds any.  I've done everything on my end; changing my routers around, restarting them, going direct from my wall outlet to my xbox, and nothing is working.  Everyone I talk to is having the same trouble and it has to be something on your end.  I've had this game since it came out and its getting to the point where I'm going to have to quit playing it till something gets changed on the servers with this game.  Who all else is having this trouble or is it just me now.

I was experiencing the same thing on both PS3 and XBOX360 about 3 months ago. For some reason if I didn't have my search settings switched to, "Any" I would experience what you're describing. Once a week I'd try to switch my matchmaking settings back to "Best," but I still had the same problem, until an update came along about 2 months ago, and fixed it for me.

Maybe, you're somehow experiencing now what I was experiencing then? Just a shot in the dark, but you may want to give the same thing a try. (at least for now)