13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2013 11:53 PM by maxslick RSS

Zombi MODE in CoD by IW

jasiorr
      We want zombie mode, make their own history, a vision that as long as they were zombies, Survival is nice but unfortunately does not have the climate at zombies .... Do not make us wait years for the next Zombie

• Re: Zombi MODE in CoD by IW

Sorry but Treyarch does zombies cause they are better at it cause if Infinity Ward did it you would have Zombies running around with guns. Also what do you mean we? Hate to break it to you Zombie Players a lot of them won't be getting this CoD because of that reason.

affinityXX

I saw somewhere was a list that included Infected/zombie mode for COD Ghosts.   

Treyarch doesn't have exclusive rights to the mode.   IW can add zombies/infected mode if they want, and of course they would get much more sales including it.  

jasiorr

Yesssss that is a point ! more sails But first they have to want add this mode   I think zombi funs will be grateful

LifeSong1

Whether or not the "own" zombies or not, I'm pretty sure that is a Treyarch property that they would have to choose to give the code to IW to change and work with.  Sure, IW could come out with their own Zombie game if they wanted to but I'm almost 100% sure that they don't have the rights to the code from Treyarch.   They don't like sharing ideas/concepts.  Some of them put some great ideas/features into the game or even into the menu system and then the next one doesn't have that nice feature. They may both make COD games but they are still in competition with each other and some code is more proprietary.

jasiorr

i agree 3arc not share whit own ideas but IW can bulid this mode from begining

And i think multiplayer by IW is much beter as 3arc (technicly) and i think when they make own zombi they do a great job beter as 3arc

LifeSong1

They bring their own concept to the table. That is exactly what they have done. It just hasn't been a zombie mode. Spec Ops is their idea. It's very different from Zombies as it is really just a level and not a "horde" mode concept like Zombies.  They are going to have Squads in Ghosts which again is not zombies but it is their version of a "special mode".  I get that you want Zombies, I'm simply stating what they are working on. I personally think it is wise to avoid the "zombies" as the two would be very greatly competing whereas if they build something entirely different it stands on it's own a bit. I personally didn't care for Spec Ops that much but am curious to see what the new mode will look like with Ghosts.

affinityXX

Oh, but Song,  that doesn't stop Infinity Ward from developing THEIR OWN zombies mode.       

Treyarch can have the Infected coding copyrighted or whatever, but Infinity Ward can develop their own Zombies mode,

it can even still be called Infected (I think Perfect Dark Zero's "zombie" mode was called Infected too) , but still have its own coding, rules, traits,  practically any shooter company in the world can include their own zombies mode. 

And if Infinity Ward includes an Infected/Zombie mode, they aren't copying Treyarch,  a zombie/infected mode is a concept

that's as universal as TDM, CTF, Survivor, and any other popular match type out there.   Zombies and infected based modes fit in any genre, especially shooters.        And there's a whole planet load of zombie hunting fans that would buy Call of Duty Ghosts if a zombie match type is included.