9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2013 9:29 AM by Foxhound-Pro Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Reporting Host Booters

I'm not complaining about the game or how it plays, but what I am complaining about is getting hit offline in league play. Is there anywhere, sites or forums that I can report people for host booting? It's honestly frustrating and demoralizing to the point were I don't want to play league anymore.

• Test #1
          Re: Reporting Host Booters

use the report system thats already set up on the console

Last Edited: Sep 25, 2013 8:59 PM
            • Test #1

I've tried, it doesn't seem to do anything...

Last Edited: Sep 25, 2013 9:41 PM
                • Test #1

It didn't do anything, because they need to check on that player first. It's not some insta-ban as soon as you press the button lol Host Booters = Get higher rank on League. Rage quitter = Don't derank on zombie. Do you see some relation there Treyarch? I hope you do... Ranks needs out

Last Edited: Sep 25, 2013 9:47 PM
                  • Test #1

MANY people need to report the player for the same thing before they even look at it.

So for example if you are the only one that think the host is booting he probably never will get in trouble.

If you expect he is doing something wrong with his connection report him to Microsoft, but no promises there.

Only thing that leaves you to do is to contact your ISP.

Last Edited: Sep 25, 2013 9:58 PM
                • Test #1
                  1. Report in-game.
                  2. Report to Xbox Live.
                  3. Consider contacting your ISP.

Here's a handy link: DoS Attacks | Denial of Service Attacks | Xbox Live – Xbox.com - Xbox.com

Last Edited: Sep 25, 2013 10:46 PM
                  • Test #1

I WAS PLAYING THIS INDIVDUAL HE SPECIFICALLY SAID IM BOOTING YOU OUT, HE ENDED UP BOOTING ME OUT OF A LEAGUE GAME AND 5 OTHERS ON THE OPPOSING TEAM AS WELL, THIS PSN USER NAME IS [Removed by Moderator.] also if you go to his channel of recorded games he will sit there until he boots over half the teams out please watch his player channel also his playing card states [Removed by Moderator.] i have reported this person but something needs to be done soon, this is making league play impossibloe and detroying my win streaks, please report this person

Last Edited: Oct 14, 2013 7:42 AM
                      • Test #1

excentrictats wrote:

I WAS PLAYING THIS INDIVDUAL HE SPECIFICALLY SAID IM BOOTING YOU OUT, HE ENDED UP BOOTING ME OUT OF A LEAGUE GAME AND 5 OTHERS ON THE OPPOSING TEAM AS WELL, THIS PSN USER NAME IS [Removed by Moderator.] also if you go to his channel of recorded games he will sit there until he boots over half the teams out please watch his player channel also his playing card states [Removed by Moderator.] i have reported this person but something needs to be done soon, this is making league play impossibloe and detroying my win streaks, please report this person

Content removed. Report this player in-game.

Last Edited: Oct 14, 2013 7:42 AM
                      • Test #1

[Removed by Moderator.]

Last Edited: Oct 14, 2013 9:28 AM
                          • Test #1

excentrictats wrote:

[Removed by Moderator.]

I understand that you may be frustrated, but we have a policy of zero tolerance for naming n' shaming. Follow the proper course of action by reporting in-game. Report to Xbox Live too, but continuing to evade our rules here is only going to result in action taken against your forum account.

Chief Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts

Last Edited: Oct 14, 2013 9:29 AM