5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 12:37 PM by TRUEandHONESTPoster RSS

How to make Call of Duty Better

Burningskyes420

Modern Warfare 2 is in my opinion, one of the greatest games they ever made. Sniping was accurate, Grenade Launchers would get restocked with scavenger and there wasn't invisible walls over EVERY object. We can now just view the maps and that's about it, what are we paying for? To stare each other to deaths and see who can shoot faster? They will not even create sniper maps any more, where we can be hidden within the grass or climb huge buildings/towers. They keep nerfing the crap out of what made Call of Duty Great. And that was successful camping, traps that worked like claymores, etc. Now Engineer just reveals all devices through walls, EMP Grenades that can destroy Scorestreaks like Sentry Guns or Guardians unless you have a trophy system that isn't upstairs. And Nerf-finder aka Targetfinder is well.. just shows the extent of how low they got. Sure, increase the security against cheaters, but don't ruin the game by changing it due to complainers. Let them complain, they're just trolls that have a mission to ruin it for everybody.

I've lost interest.

• Re: How to make Call of Duty Better
          Kothar44

I wonder if they even considered by making the game a glorified contest of reflexes they also made latency/lag into the all important factor.  In fact, I wonder if they have even figured that out yet.

I'm one of those complainers (it's a hobby for me, I just have to remember not to use my powers of complaining to piss off the forum mods like foxhound, cough, cough) .. I don't complain about the guns though, I just cycle through them until I find one that works for me .. Me it's the lag issues that floats my boat .. They have a way of driving me nuts sometimes (we could deal with them by just leaving the match, but Activision in it's infinite wisdom decided to punish those with lag issues by introducing the probation system so those who had a lag advantage would be kept happy) .. They ripped apart ghost because of those who complained about campers (camping was the only way for players who had lag issues could cope with it and just putting it at lvl55 would have been enough), kept quick scoping because of those who complained (who would have thought that taking advantage of what was a game exploit would be considered a good thing) .. I have to wonder at the decision making process at Activision sometimes ..

But all in all, I still enjoy the game .. I can still camp without the use of ghost if lag is too much against me, and run and gun when lag is my friend (lag is such a fickle mistress and she doesn't like me too often, but when she does, my stats shoot off the board in some rounds and I know it's not due to any improvements of skills on my part) .. I will play most maps (but there are 3 or 4 maps I refuse to play because I just don't like them) .. I always enjoy meeting other players from other countries even though we cant understand what each other is saying, it is still fun hearing them throw around colorful metaphors and references about my mother (that never gets old, it's classic) in broken english .. I did see some one attempting to pose as Kim Ji'l Yung (North Korean Leader) while watching a friend play a game on xbox sometime ago .. Although, it was most likely it wasn't him (although if it was him, I would pay Activision a good deal of money to go a couple of rounds with him online - something Activision might want to keep in mind, offer matches with high profile people for a fee - I would most likely hand over my credit card, bank account, home and cars for a few of those matches) ..

At the end of the day, I will reluctantly give Black Ops 2 a thumbs up ..

I just wish there was a way to give everyone an even chance at succeeding with this game .. Maybe in my next life ..

MF_MaxiMillion

Make more Zombies content. Enough said.

Raketti

They need to get the connectivity back to the same level it was in MW2, everything else is not that important because the lag ruins any sort of weapon balance and decreases how important of a factor skill is in winning gunfights. People should die when you shoot them, not lag through your bullets. Unless they can finally get the game running consistently well again there's IMO really no point in discussing other features of the game because the core consept of any FPS is missing.

And Nerf-finder aka Targetfinder is well

I wish I could burn as well as you.

Modern Warfare 2 is in my opinion, one of the greatest games they ever made. Sniping was accurate, Grenade Launchers would get restocked with scavenger and there wasn't invisible walls over EVERY object.