1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 64 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2013 2:43 PM by Megadog14 Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.

Embarrassed because they don't share your opinion of the game? I have yet in my life to ever be embarrassed for having a different opinion than someone else. What you should be embarrassed about is calling the community 9 year olds because they have a different opinion of the game than you do.

• 21. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.

Not true, BO2 sold less than MW3 and Ghosts is predicted to sell even less than BO2. The game is on the decline because of horrible netcoding.

• 22. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.
            deamonomic

well we will see. But you are not going to be there so doesn't really matter. The game still has a long ways to go before it dies.

• 23. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.

So what you are saying then is they intentionally programmed the game to allow players with choked upload bandwidth (3 bar high ping) to be able to run around corners and shoot a player with a good connection (4 bar low ping), before that player has time to react due to uploaded information of the high ping player not reaching the low ping player? Every other modern day online game has checks in place to stop that from occuring. Most games in the last 10 years are programmed to throttle the high ping players download packets to not exceed that of its uploaded packets. That simple fix would have changed the whole dynamic of this game.

• 24. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.
                deamonomic

messiahOU812 wrote:

So what you are saying then is they intentionally programmed the game to allow players with choked upload bandwidth (3 bar high ping) to be able to run around corners and shoot a player with a good connection (4 bar low ping), before that player has time to react due to uploaded information of the high ping player not reaching the low ping player? Every other modern day online game has checks in place to stop that from occuring. Most games in the last 10 years are programmed to throttle the high ping players download packets to not exceed that of its uploaded packets. That simple fix would have changed the whole dynamic of this game.

funny thing... thats not happening. Again, everyone one of you guys who have claimed it either A: dont even try to show it or B: they do try to show it but always end up being proven wrong. Fact is CoD is a fast paced game and time to kill takes a couple hundred milliseconds. There nothing in place to make good connections suffer. And if the game is as bad you all claim why are you still here? oh right to troll the forums and try to make the game look bad so you can get paid... >.>

You guys cry wolf far far too much. Thats why no one believes you. We have more people playing the game then complaining about it and im talking about ingame complaints, thats natural to complain in the middle of the game. People do that in every online game out there. What we dont see id the hundreds of thousands of posts to these forums saying there a problem. only a very small fraction of the community comes here, its less then 1%

I will say it once more, I can find more videos of the game running fine then you can of the game being broken.

and no that was what I was saying, how you got that conclusion I dont know. But at this point Im willing to bet that you dont actually have any problems you just get owned and cant handle it.

Why dont you do yourself a favor and do this community a great favor and leave.

• 25. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.
                  QwertyBoredom

What you are describing right there is not a netcoding problem but one that is embedding very deeply into the game engine (the same engine BTW that EVERY CoD game runs on) also not helping is of course the stupidly fast TTKs that more often than not are faster than even LAN networks let alone online have trouble keeping up with, you know why BF3 typically has "less" lag? its because the weapon damage is lower and takes more bullets to kill so the server actually gets time to process that players are taking damage and distribute that information to all players connected rather than 1 players Xbox telling the Host that the player they are shooting is dead because they were killed faster than 25ms.

• 26. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.

Less than 1% spend the time necessary to voice a complaint. The other 99% just drop the product and don't purchase it again. Like I said, there is no need to provide proof. The proof is there when you put in the game and look at your screen. You saying that an issue is not there does not make that issue disappear on my (or the rest of the communitys) screen.  Very possibly you don't see the issue because you are part of the problem (3 bar, high ping, low/choked upload bandwidth). Try playing the game on a low ping high bandwidth connection if you ever get a chance. It's much different.

• 27. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.
                      deamonomic

even battlefield isnt perfect. I have shot at enemies plenty of time only to see them die after the have taken cover.

• 28. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.

If what you are saying was true, the disparity would occur EVERY game, which it does not. 10-20% of games I play are are not like that. Only when high ping low quality connections are present do I have this issue. Problem is with the terrible matchmaking, 80-90% of games have bad connection players present.

• 29. Re: Black Ops 2 multiplayer was awesome.  The community just got worse.
                          QwertyBoredom

No game is, the point of the post is that allot of the "lag" issues are either in engine problems (camera/body-mesh de-sync when rounding corners, body-mesh/hitbox de-sync) which is to be expected from such an old game engine (its like 15 years old now) or directly related to networking that cannot keep up with the insane TTK that CoD games have.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next