9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2013 6:38 PM by nuttin2say RSS

The Sniper Problem !

Angloma

Can someone from Treyarch do something about the quickscoping .  I understand quickscoping isn't a problem , but at least make them target you ... I get killed and they dont even put the target on me , it's almost like a shotgun on close range ... Do something about it . Make them put the target on you

• Re: The Sniper Problem !
          Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Stop watching the killcams. They are NOT accurate.

Learn some evasion skills. Strafe, drop or jump. Make yourself a hard target. The problem is you're making yourself an easy target with your play style. Change it. It's obviously not working well against quickscopers and that prompt you to write this thread.

I have no problems dealing with them and I have yet to meet one that gives me a headache. It's your playstyle at fault.

Izjar11

Angloma wrote:

Can someone from Treyarch do something about the quickscoping .  I understand quickscoping isn't a problem , but at least make them target you ... I get killed and they dont even put the target on me , it's almost like a shotgun on close range ... Do something about it . Make them put the target on you

Your asking them to remove the thing they intentionally added! There is nothing we can do, its part of the game no matter how annoying, deal with it and figure a way to beat it (you will be killed on occasion by them).

randomness550

Well this is probably the 100th fricken quickscoping topic that i have seen this month

nuttin2say

It's a non-issue. They've already nerfed, supposedly, a couple of the SRs.

I really do not like QSing. In fact, I kind of hate it. But it is in the game and you just have to find a way to counter it.

What I've found to be the absolutely best method of combating QSing is to put my money where my mouth is. If you think it is cheap and easy, then use it against other players doing it. I've been in some lobbies lately that seem to have entire teams of QSers that I'm up against.

Amazingly enough, there is a tendency to see QSer teams to suddenly start breaking out LMGs and SMGs when I open a match up going 10-0 or 12-0 with SRs.

But if you're going to start using SRs to a large degree, there is something you need to learn before anything else: just because you got shot by a SR, that does not mean the person who shot you was QSing. I'd say no more than 40% of my SR kills are the result of a "Quick Scope." The rest are the result of careful aiming and massive patience.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

The problem arise when people think they got quickscoped. You can dragscope or hardscope in close quarters and people will still think they got quickscoped. We have people in a school of thought that snipers shouldn't be mobile. If they get killed by a sniper who is run and gunning, they think it's from a quickscope. You can hardscope really fast, hold your breath  and get a kill in CQC and they will think it's a quickscope.

People also pays a lot of attention to the killcams and are oblivious to the fact that they are not accurate. I've gotten so many Final Killcams where it shows me blackscoping at close-mid range yet in reality, I fully scoped in. I've had videos in theatre where it shows me suddenly changing direction to zero-in on an enemy who was not on screen yet in reality, I clearly saw him. To the untrained eye watching theatre, it would seem like I'm wall hacking but the truth is, killcams and theatre are simply not accurate.

I predict the QS haters will be in for a disappointment in Ghosts. For as long as snipers can run and gun and can get a kill in CQC, there will be complaints.

Off topic: I'm downloading BF4 Beta right now and I do hope they made it a bit COD player friendly.

Update1: It was so bad. It's in a very early beta stage. The graphics are horrible and even at the lowest setting, I am getting 35 fps and the movement isn't smooth. It's very choppy. I should be getting 70+ fps on High.

http://gyazo.com/04be6dd8b46d93823925918b5767164d.png

nuttin2say

Excellent points, Run.

I used the Ballista for the first time today and now I can see why people think QS is out of control. It ADS very fast and its accuracy is amazing ... but you still have to know how to use an SR to be effective. The reload time while is a major weakness to this gun and the DSR.

I don't see a problem with them.

Killbook

What Run_N_Camp said. If you have great evasion skills, then they are nothing but pawns under your thumb. You can move left, right, jump and gun. They'll die even with you running at them with a combat knife. They are nothing more than people with fast aiming and decent accuracy but there are always to expose and exploit their flaws in QS'ing.

QSing is great for the young players with fast reaction times and great muscle memory. When 3ARC increased the scope delay in the recent updates. QSing actually became easier for the novice player. Since then I too have encountered alot of Camp at Spawn and Sniper clans. It can be annoying, but.........

The quick and easy fix is the old EMP or Flash Bang. Watch some FBI/SWAT training videos on how they breach a room in CQC. Apply this technique and you will get results! Real life situations and tactical play actually work in this game, especially when playing the younger player. Good luck!