0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2013 2:22 AM by rustygun RSS

GTA5 vs GHOSTS...

rustygun

I know what youre thinking, whats that got to do with the price of eggs? Bear with me...Lets face it, GTA5 is a seriously massive game, but up till now ive not been bothered about the franchise. After pickin up a copy the other day and absolutely loving it I couldnt help but notice some magic touches that could seriously do with being in our beloved franchise, and heres a quick list of things that would benefit the immersion and gameplay of cod...

1)   Death animations. The predictable and scripted animations of a shot character hasnt changed at all or that ive noticed in the last ten years! Isnt it time the devs took a look at how the coppers and swat guys take a slug on gta, falling to the floor still shooting in such a heavy reastic way. Yes I know its anarcade shooter but you still need the immersion, the "this is really happening" feeling.

2)   Bullet damage to vehicles and walls. I noticed the way a window became shot out in sections and glass and debri were sprayed everywhere will sub machine gun fire like a movie! Tyres were shot out and vehicles dropped suddenly because of it. Walls were smashed infront of you as you hid behind them under fire and gunsand bullets in general felt dangerous and powerful!! Do we get that with cod?

3)   And why not punch someone and knock the gun out of their hands and have a punch up? Cant believr you cant?...

Look before the obvious usual replies come flying in telling me to play gta instead, im not saying cod needs big maps and vehicles, I love the way cod is. I love no drivable vehicles and small fun maps, thats what makes it ehat it is and why I perfer it to Battlefield. I just think the game needs to step up to its new generation a lot more. While the graphics will look stunning, the animations still look sadly yesturday...