1 2 3 Previous Next 100 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2014 2:36 AM by zingaa RSS

Call of Duty: Ghosts Creators *Important* (Camping)

I am writing this to hopefully get the creators attention for one of the major problems in Call of Duty, THE CAMPER'S!!!! Every game of call of duty that I have ever played has had campers in them I'm not talking about the snipers which is completely understandable, but the people with assault rifles and submachine guns and the LMGs. All three of these camp and is aggravating to me and a whole lot of people that play. I was just hoping that you could add something to the online muliti-player to where you can only sit or lay down for only a certain period of time, like maybe 3 to 5 seconds or else you die. But this only affects the other classes except the sniper classes because they are the only one's who are suppose to be camping. I know some people might not agree with this but i personally feel like this will fix this problem. So please if whoever reads this like it or share it or whatever so that the creators of ghost can possibly see this and maybe fix this problem. Also comment back on this if you have any input on this topic. 

• 1. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Creators *Important* (Camping)
          LifeSong1

Congrats on your first post. I think you might like the new game mode Cranked which will have fewer campers as you will die after 20 seconds if you don't get a kill.

Camping is not an issue in the game. People don't like them, but it is an entirely legit play style.  You may consider it "cheap" or "noobish" and you are entitled to your view, but to force the game to be played only one way is not right. Running and gunning is a tactic and if done right is good. Too many run'n'gunners die way too often and don't end up helping the team much. They both have their positives and negatives and to say we have to only play one style is not a good decision.

• 2. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Creators *Important* (Camping)

you are writing in the wrong place then.

• 3. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Creators *Important* (Camping)
              LifeSong1

To clarify, I believe what Fruity_Pops is saying is that the game creators don't read these forums (or at least there is almost 0 communication from anyone at their company) and thus if you are trying to "reach the creators" as you said, then this is the wrong place. These forums are more for us as gamers to discuss the game.

To be clear, I think they do read some of the forums but are probably not allowed to participate and thus it seems like they don't ever read them when in actuality, someone from the company is monitoring it for ideas and taking it back to their team.

• 4. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Creators *Important* (Camping)

The efforts to reliably remove camping will do more to hurt the game for both campers and non-campers. denying any playstile will do nothing but hurt the game.

• 5. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Creators *Important* (Camping)

Campers are only a problem when they start complaining to the devs to try to get rid of all their counters which a lot of them do unfortunately they are only a problem in Black Ops 2 and MW3 because they got their way and the maps are too small. As for the people saying campers are needed and stop trying to get rid of them here's the thing that's what campers are trying to do for all play styles they have already gotten rid of runner n gunners by getting rid of big and medium sized maps and getting rid of infinite sprint. Rushers and quickscopers are their only concern now. Running n Gunning hasn't existed since Black Ops 1 since the infinite sprint was removed not to mention the maps are too small to go back ways or flank all people can do is Rush and Camp.

• 6. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Creators *Important* (Camping)
                    LifeSong1

Adam1234567893 wrote:

As for the people saying campers are needed and stop trying to get rid of them here's the thing that's what campers are trying to do for all play styles they have already gotten rid of runner n gunners by getting rid of big and medium sized maps and getting rid of infinite sprint. Rushers and quickscopers are their only concern now. Running n Gunning hasn't existed since Black Ops 1 since the infinite sprint was removed not to mention the maps are too small to go back ways or flank all people can do is Rush and Camp.

I guess it is all in how you define "Running n Gunning". To me, unlimited sprint does not equal "Running and Gunning". I could have unlimited sprint equipped and sit in a corner and I would be considered a camper.  Running and Gunning in my definition is constantly moving around the map, most often with a SMG, pistol, or shotgun. You may stop to reload but typically this is done on the move. Based on my definition, which I believe most would agree with, Running and Gunning does indeed exist in all the COD games. Campers aren't trying to get rid of the runners and gunners.  To be honest, those are their most common and often easiest targets.  Why get rid of someone like that?

• 7. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Creators *Important* (Camping)
                      dtuchpunk

Most camping spots can be accessed in more than one way so you can flank the camper

And with nades, emps, flashbangs, fmj every camper can be killed without getting close. It may take some teamwork

For example when you got people doing the worm in BO2 you just get a classe with LMg with FMJ and the engineer perk. You can destroy the trophy systems and stuff throught walls. and if you aim just above the shield headshots will be made.

Campers aren't a problem. People that can't kill campers are the problem

• 8. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Creators *Important* (Camping)
                        nicedrewishfela

Play "Cranked".

Until you buy the games and gaming consoles for others... you can't dictate how they play.

The Devs HAVE listened over the past several games, and created multiple attack routes and provided numerous tools to defeat said campers. If you can't beat a camper, the issue is you.

Camping is also a loosely defined term. Am I a camper because I hid for a second to reload my weapon and you walked around the corner and I got the jump on you? Am I a camper because I am working with my team to hold an area of the map? Am I am camper because  I either saw you on the UAV or knew your position because a teammate called it out and sat and waited for you rather than rushing into my death? I have certainly been called a camper for these and less, and if I have a weakness in the game it is that I tend to move around too much at times.

The devs have done more to help those who hunt out campers than ever. There are a plethora of tools, a wealth of attack routes with which to remove campers from their spots. The question is: Are you willing to adapt your game to deal with them? Because if not... you are just going to keep feeding them easy kills.

• 9. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Creators *Important* (Camping)
                          xThatTributeGuyx

Yeah, I don't see a camper as a huge problem. The problems are organized camping such as what the Worm has promoted. He gets teams of people together where all they do is camp and troll the other team. Clans have formed around the ideology of The Worm, and they worm together to camp and hold down a single room. Then there are just the camper clans where they just sit in a single room, multiple guns pointed at each entrance and just lay waist to anyone who thinks about entering the room. If you eliminate this from the game, I'd be all for it, but the individual camper, while he pisses me off when he kills me the first time, I piss him off when I C-4 his ass to oblivion.

1 2 3 Previous Next