35 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2013 2:03 PM by Chasedpuppet01 RSS

Please have Tactical Insertions On GHOST!

Is COD Ghost going to have Tactical Insertion? I've seen to many videos online recently that doesn't show Tactical Insertion in neither Lethal or Tactical equipment. I thought Tactical Insertion was created by infinity ward? Infinity don't let a couple knuckle heads/ boosters/ noobs to ruin it for everybody. Tactical Insertion is good in TDM, Ground War, Domination and etc. Ive been using Tactical Insertion for almost five years now. PLEASE Bring tactical insertion back before it's too late! From a loyal COD gamer since 2007.

• Re: Please have Tactical Insertions On GHOST!
          xThatTributeGuyx

Thing is, tactical inserts are the ideal CoD example of, the few spoil it for the many. Boosters are the biggest problem with online games like CoD. I mean, it is a problem even in Online MMOs on PC. They come out with new guidelines and code, and people still find an easy and cheap way to gain XP/Currency/etc. and gaming companies hate it. They've done loads to try and stop it, but boosters aren't going anywhere as long as there are tac inserts, so, why not take their biggest tool away from them?

Boosters are mostly children who are abusing the tactical insertions. And they easy can be reported and have there accounts reset. They are just a few. The real problems are people who have aimbot, mod controllers, and real hackers. Not people who use Tactical Insertions.

xThatTributeGuyx

Don't get me wrong, I know where you're coming from and I know Tac Inserts are a very useful tool as they can allow you to get back into the thick of things much quicker, but there are more issues with them than just boosting. For one, it makes it easier for people to spawn trap and camp. I don't even want to think about how many times I'v killed a guy on Nuketown right as I spawn in and then run two feet and get killed by that same guy I just killed. Now, because people can go all around the map, you can't limit where they get used; well, maybe you could, but it would be some really complex algorithm that they just won't even attempt. Personally, I think the game, minus tac inserts, would be a much more enjoyable experience for the majority of players.

Momba1

No the 'problem' is allowing in-game / in-lobby JOINING and not the Tac Insert. Worst are Lobby Hijackers (also the Stalkers) where an entire group of players continuously join in a pre-game or in-game lobby until they squeeze-out everyone else. I've been a part of that and the second anyone starts talking 'boosting' I'm out of there.

You want a real 'fix' don't allow pre-game and/or in-game Joining!

xThatTributeGuyx

Well see, my clan will fill out an entire lobby because we enjoy playing with and against each other, but we don't boost. Thing is, a booster is gonna boost, so take away their tools, and if that doesn't fix it, then take more drastic measures like disallowing in game/ in lobby joining.

Momba1

Lobby Hijacking and Stalking, either one is wrong. I 'get' playing Private Matches with no XP v/s Hijacking with XP appeal. I'd bet money one or more of your clan has boosted during a Hijack.

The Stalking itself, never mind the Boosting and Hijacking and thereby Pre-Game and/or In-Game joining need to go bye-bye.

The Tac Insert has been around since, what MW2...the tool is Joining not the Tac Insert.

I Have over 800 Hrs on BO2 and over 900 Hrs on MW3 and have not come across a single Booster using Tac Inserts, so what you say is not true about it being the biggest problem with online games like CoD statement is untrue. problem is steam and the dev need to loice the games and we need a way to cut and paste a portion of the game video as proof so they can go back and check. Really the only way to fix this problem would be to have a IW or Steam Admin on at least one lobby of every game to do so, but lets face the fact that the people who create these games we love so much dont realy play the game after its released.

xThatTributeGuyx

I can guarantee you that not a single member of my clan boosts. Here is the problem, anything you put in the game, if it can be used to cheat, will be used to cheat by those who are looking to cheat. My clan doesn't look to cheat because we don't care about prestige or level, we play because we love playing and we enjoy playing with each other. That's what this game is about to us.

alexjt22

Its not just the boosting that's a problem its the fact it cheapens objective game modes a lot is the biggest problem the thing never should have been implemented into a COD game in the first place. and im glad to see its been removed.

xThatTributeGuyx

Alright, yeah Momba1, you just ruined any credibility you just had with that comment. Tac Inserts have absolutely zero game balancing factors. I mean, just, come on man.

Momba1

Oh yeah try playing against a Party v/s you and your team as Randoms. Most of the time I'm in a Party but when I'm not it seems either my team is afraid of the Objective or they need someone to capture/diffuse it. About the only time I use a Tac Insert is playing DEM, HQ and occasionally DOM and once in a while OT on DEM, but the ONLY time I use that CaC is when we're going to lose if something isn't done.

Oh lets not forget ... ever been SPAWN TRAPPED!!!

Otherwise given the choice I much prefer an EMP or two over a Tac Insert.

Pff...credibility my rear, think about the times when it's a Tac Insert or you're screwed!

Now IF Spawn Trapping is 100% eliminated in Ghosts, my bet it won't be ... what are you going to do. Oh someone like YOU would Rage Quit!

xThatTributeGuyx

I pretty much play Dom exclusively, and while I get the use of tac inserts and why people who play fair use them, it doesn't balance the game. You can have an entire team tac inserting on B flag and it doesn't mean they will win, it just means you cap their home flag and trap them on B. So, using tac inserts might help level the playing field against bad players, a good team would adapt to a single tac insert user and route them fairly easily. Tac inserts, while useful, aren't a game changer

Momba1

xThatTributeGuyx wrote:

I pretty much play Dom exclusively...

Then you know nearly ZIP about the game as a whole and I'd STFU before saying I'm the one with a 'credibility' issue.

Listen way, way long ago I got my Trip Cap/DOM Master and the only way is either:

1. Play on a 100% unbalanced Party v/s Noob Randoms ; still 3 minutes -- good luck finding that dream lobby now.
                                    2. Use Tac Inserts with (2) two players on each flag.
                                    3. P*ssy Boosting for it.

Incorrect my friend.... I am ranked under 1000 on MW3 and around 3000 on BO2 in DOM on the Lobby leaderboards on HC on PC, and its because of the TAC Insert, I am unstoppable because I control the game. The only time I have issues is when my team doesnt play the objective and are running around playing TDM, or an opponent is using a TAC as well, the  tac gives me the upper hand and I win most games usually 40-15 KDR ands its because of TAC Inserts, I also use it in TDM and KC and am always first place, I dont use it to camp I use it because I like to know where I am gonna spawn EVERY TIME. ( usually placed somewhere in the middle of the map)

xThatTributeGuyx

Yeah guy, I've gotten it several times over my man. My buddy and I have hopped into several random lobbies and helped others get their Trip Caps.. Now, just because I play Dom almost exclusively doesn't mean I don't know anything about the game. I am a Gold Division League Player, which means I have to be knowledgeable about more than just Domination as Domination isn't in the league playlist. I play TDM, KC, Search, etc; I just prefer Dom and play it more than the others.

Momba1

Blah. blah, blah ... In BLOPS2 or in Ghosts what are you magically going to do in a Spawn Trapped game?? ...Rage Quit! Listen I've/We've been crapped/spammed into games in a Spawn Trap and once we're out I guarantee we're Tac Inserting to balance and trying like hell to win the game if there's a chance, and without a Tac Insert arrivederci.

BTW - we've gotten Trip Caps tons of times, and it's as I've stated above. Now if someone like me gets spammed into your game and there's any time then kiss your Trip Cap sayonara.

Yes, a Tac Insert can and does level out a game, and without one and IF Ghosts allows a chance for Spawn Traps then that game will be broken to hell day one!

I've always ran with Sitrep/Hacker perks in every single CoD and Tac-Insertion players have always been a free double kill for me.
                                              You claim to know a lot about playing Domination yet you base your entire gameplay off of a single equipment, and now that its gone you are freaking out because it was the only way you could play.

Dont rely only on cheap tactics to win a gamae, adapt to your enemy and you might be successful even without a single equipment

Momba1

First off buttercup it's Engineer perk (BO2) and SitRep (Ghosts) and 'if' you destroyed my Tac Insert then how ya going to kill me when I respawn? If I see that someone is camping my Tac Insert -- press the Space key, otherwise the millisecond I respawn C4 in your face and we both go out and in some cases my Tac Insert is bobby-trapped with a Bouncing Betty or Claymore not to mention I call-out your 'camping' to a teammate.

Trip Caps are damn hard to do, the real ones -- holding A/B/C for 3 minutes. By far the easiest tactic besides the more important playing with a team is indeed the use of a Tac Insert and then not to place them close together. Some maps and most Noobs I myself can hold 2 flags ... the Tac Insert is all about holding the flags. The easy times are when we make the opposing team rage quit. So OP Team is by far the #1 way for a Trip Cap.

Next I'm not some chump placing my Tac Insert smack dab in the middle of an area and then you'll also need to contend with one of my Clan until I'm right back. Listen we are constantly calling out enemy locations, areas we need help, and/or being killed -- communication.

Oh its Engineer and not Hacker, my world will collapse now
                                                      I dont camp Tac Respawns i just see them through walls and prefire after your death, so im really curious how you throw a C4 through a wall ( if you cover your tac with betty/claymore, it only adds more red lights in my screen and its worthless since Engineer gives a delay when triggering those explosives )

Anyway im not interested in your uber tactics on public games for triple cap since i only care about esports ( not League Play joke but serious esports leagues ), in fact i dont use any perk that modifies my gameplay nor i use any attachment/equipment, only gun, pistol, nade and flash.

What i said is that you base your entire strategy on tac insertions. Now tac insertions are gone, and you need to figure out a new way to achieve your glorious trip cap. GL

Momba1

Shooting my Tac Insert doesn't kill me and at best you'll destroy the Insert?! So 'How ya going to kill me'?? Duh in eSports e.g. MLG the Tac Insert not allowed which is why spawn control aka anchors are so important.

Most games for us to get a Trip Cap involves 'brilliant' players such as yourself to Rage Quit, and even without a Tac Insert some maps you simply don't need them, we keep tabs on the spawn flips. Frankly, most games by the time I'm done rushing from B to your flag I/we already are fully streaked (VSAT/Warthog/Lodestar/VTOL/SWARM). On larger maps often a Trip Cap is a *****.

You tend not to read, I and others want a Tac Insert on the flip side to prevent a Spawn Trap, and by the sounds of it you from us.

I think you tend not to read actually ,why would i rage quit since i dont care about a pub game result? Anyway I start shooting at the wall as soon as the red light of your tac is gone, if i dont get the kill i still know you are there somewhere thats why i said in my first post tac insertions are free kills, because i can always localize players using it with my perk.

I also run with anti-killstreak perks along with Hacker Engineer so the only real threat i get is the VSAT, but you are right at that point my whole team is on a constant death streak while im the only one able to still have a decent gameplay even tho im 1v6. Yet i dont care because i play pub games just to spend some free time

Momba1

And meanwhile you're blinking red on the HUD (no Suppressor), making a lot of racket (noise) even with a Suppressor, and exhausting your amo -- so really?! Oh not to mention camping and showing-up and a barrage of UAV's. BTW even popping through a wall with FMJ + Suppressor takes a lot of bullets so you expect me to, derp, stand still?!

Listen when I see a Tac Insert in most every case I destroy it - done. Few times IF I know it's (you) and I kill you and see the Insert I'll wait a few seconds to re-kill you but only then if I'm not risking myself being killed in the process, so again most times I destroy the Insert.

Come on...bye-bye.

I told you i run anti-killstreaks perks and Ghost is one of them so no UAV, also i told you if i cant kill you i stil know you are there and it gives me an advantage. Anyway i dont know why we arwe talking about this, i just wanted to let you realize that basing your entire strategy on a single equipment is not so smart. Peace

Momba1

Dude if you're sitting there as in camping my Tac Insert the Ghosts perk doesn't work. In the past you could camp you butt-off and not show-up on a HUD, but in BO2 that's no longer the case -- you'd be a red dot - period.

Your imaginary scenario is a fail.

You still wanna keep this going? I dont camp tac insertions, if i see one going off i rush it or wallbang as soon as it turns off. Dude wtf i've been telling you the same thing for my last 4 posts. You like tac insertions? Good, but sadly it is gone, so stick to BO2 or find another strategy on Ghosts

Momba1

The problem is in Ghosts it is a problem not to have a Tac Insert which is the whole premise of this Thread, and worst if it remains gone then this is the first CoD title I can remember without one going back to MW2.

Activision, 3arc, IW assumed incorrectly that the equipment is/was a problem when it's not, it's the JOINING that's the problem + Tac Inserts. Read my first post here.

I agree with the both of you, I only use the Tac insert because that's what the game has to offer right now, as games change so does my style. Boosting is not a reason to remove something from a game, as long as the DEVS doe something about spawning I'm cool with not having tacs, but as soon as I start spawning into crossfire and I am being spawn camped which in return forces me to leave the game. I will be flooding the DEVS email box along with all my 300 friends on steam that play COD as well.

Momba1

Name a CoD game that you can't spawn trap? Frankly I cannot think of any MP game I play we're you cannot spawn trap, the spawn areas are very limited and well known...pff there are spawn maps to most every game.

From your prior post: Not to mention its usefulness in HQ, HP, CTF, etc and XP. Most of my 10K+ games are with a Tac Insert. If all I can do is kill off 1 or more using C4 to help cap the Obj ... your team and you will win. One tactic we use is a player or two with Engineer + EMP's and the rest with Tac's. As long as there's a balance there's no problem here.

I've purchased every COD game to date. I don't talk poorly about them and tell everyone they are good games. I have enjoyed all of them. Tac Insert is a must have. There is plenty of ways to kill people that use them. I know I've had my fair share of people kill me as soon as I respawn from a tac insert. I don't get mad. It's the chance I take. For objective based games they are a MUST. I'm shocked they aren't having them in Ghosts. This is horrible news. Not sure I want to buy it now. I love the tac. It takes way too long to get back in the action. Plus people will spawn camp your team. If you are lucky enough to make it out and set a tac you can go back and help your team not get spawn camped. What a let down. SO sad.

Chasedpuppet01

I'm kind of shocked that quickscopers were never mentioned in this thread... They're the first thing I think of when I read "tac insert," and that's also the reason I'm stoked to not have that equipment in ghosts. No more YT wannabes with 75k tac inserts and 50k kills with their snipers along with 20% accuracy