1 2 3 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2013 1:54 PM by HeadhunterX89 RSS

Stop don't Panic. Reputation based gaming!

Izjar11

COD,

From the experience that was BO2, in implementing the trial of Probation, which to me was a decent idea but as all new things had flaws. For one thing I would welcome it back in Ghosts.

Players who consistently leave games (what ever name you want to call it) should be banned for longer period of times,  the frequency factor should be accumulated into one day bans and up to weeks or longer bans from the game.

IW has not announced it, but I suspect it might be in the game with a new improved system to deter the quitting nature of some COD players.

Your thoughts on probation and Ghost?

• 1. Re: Stop don't Panic.
          cranium2001

One to two weeks at a time might be a little much. I'm all for time outs as long as they can keep it legit. If I remember correctly there were some bans when host was lost and it wasn't the person's fault.

• 2. Re: Stop don't Panic.
            Izjar11

cranium2001 wrote:

One to two weeks at a time might be a little much. I'm all for time outs as long as they can keep it legit. If I remember correctly there were some bans when host was lost and it wasn't the person's fault.

The first months of Bo2 there were issues with the probation system and it was corrected. Do you not believe that the repeat offenders who get put on probation and continue to behave similar, be banned for their actions?

The gumdrop dude above states the following "a game that can still be fun and a game where matches are still very much winnable despite quitters the better.". Where quitting players grant the opposing team a natural win, but what about when your on their team (the consistent quitters) and they ditch you mid game and your left to get killed repeatedly and frustrated? Why shouldn't they be further refused to play the game they so quit allot?

Now remember, the people I am talking about are those who quit, and quit and quit are put on probation and still quit more! This is not directed towards those who quit a match here and there, that's why I use the term "frequent quitter or consistent quitter"

• 3. Re: Stop don't Panic.

My thoughts are why do we have to deal with garbage players when they aren't willing to deal with us leaving? And no I am not talking about you. I am just saying it's kind of bs to force players to stay in a game that they aren't having fun in. I will accept probation when they make bigger maps and stop spawn exploitation and make better matchmaking and balance the guns/play styles and have a limit on lag. Until that happens I will leave if I am not having fun I bought the game not the people who complain about rage quitting so I should be able to come and go when I please either cause I am not having fun or because I have to pick up a friend. I don't leave a game to protect stats or troll so don't even go there. Probation should only be forced in Clan vs. Clan. Everyone should be able to leave the game if they aren't having fun cause the simple fact is the multiplayer is never perfect in Call of Duty.

• 4. Re: Stop don't Panic.
                Izjar11

Adam1234567893 wrote:

My thoughts are why do we have to deal with garbage players when they aren't willing to deal with us leaving? And no I am not talking about you. I am just saying it's kind of bs to force players to stay in a game that they aren't having fun in. I will accept probation when they make bigger maps and stop spawn exploitation and make better matchmaking and balance the guns/play styles and have a limit on lag. Until that happens I will leave if I am not having fun I bought the game not the people who complain about rage quitting so I should be able to come and go when I please either cause I am not having fun or because I have to pick up a friend. I don't leave a game to protect stats or troll so don't even go there. Probation should only be forced in Clan vs. Clan. Everyone should be able to leave the game if they aren't having fun cause the simple fact is the multiplayer is never perfect in Call of Duty.

Thanks for your response and keeping it civil without insults.

Whats confusing is why are you calling the players who stay and play as garbage and not the ones who leave out of a mood.

With all due respect Adam, as a player who hardly quits games I find it very very annoying to deal with players who do it because A) they are losing, B) they arent winning, C) they are encountering someone who fights back D) because of a UAV C) because they lost the B' flag and do not want to recapture.

I hardly see players quit due to "lag" or matchmaking, when matchmaking in this game is based on SPM.

From your post, its clear you quit allot: So I ask you

Is your self preservation of stats the only reason you play the game?

• 5. Re: Stop don't Panic.
                  rlbl

Personally, I love the concept of probation.

If they have no connection issues (which seriously was not fair), then people who quit (often) should either be:

- put on probation with a slow cool down timer (e.g. if you end up banned from playing online for 5 minutes, when that 5 minutes expires you are NOW on probation for X period of time, in which time if you leave again, you get banned again)

- Grouped together as players who have too low of a completed games percentage (or a high DNF%).  Let the quitters play with quitters, and let the people who wish to play compete against the people who wish to play (win or lose, stomp or be stomped)

"Why should players stay in a game they are not having fun in?": This translates into: "I am not winning and getting pelted by the enemy, so screw you guys.. I am going home!" People do not quit games they are winning (leaving aside needing to leave, or replying to an invite from friends whom you wish to play with, etc...).  People leaving because they were not having fun is a losers mentality... I feel sorry for these people if they carry that rationale into real life.

Has anyone ever seen a full roster of players beating the other team by a huge margin, forfeit the game?

Nope, didn't think so.

Side Bar: Funny Idea:  When a player leaves a game, their avatar is replaced with a BOT (Regular level), and the bot's stats have a direct impact on the real players stats. (just an idea... not being 100% serious... maybe 70%)

• 6. Re: Re: Stop don't Panic.
                    Izjar11

If they have no connection issues (which seriously was not fair), then people who quit (often) should either be:

- put on probation with a slow cool down timer (e.g. if you end up banned from playing online for 5 minutes, when that 5 minutes expires you are NOW on probation for X period of time, in which time if you leave again, you get banned again)

- Grouped together as players who have too low of a completed games percentage (or a high DNF%).  Let the quitters play with quitters, and let the people who wish to play compete against the people who wish to play (win or lose, stomp or be stomped)

Right RL my post was not intended for those who suffered from connection interruptions and were put on probation for it (I believe that was corrected when they realized it).

I like your two ideas and that was more or less what I was thinking, add a longer delay to return based on frequency of quits.

The grouping thing is brilliant, they should be thrown together so they can never fully finish a game and feel how frustrating it is to deal with the quitting behavior.

Side Bar: Funny Idea:  When a player leaves a game, their avatar is replaced with a BOT (Regular level), and the bot's stats have a direct impact on the real players stats. (just an idea... not being 100% serious... maybe 70%)

That idea is great! Really good one RL.

• 7. Re: Stop don't Panic.
                      LifeSong1

Here's a list of valid reasons to quit a game that have nothing to do with "mood":

1) There seems to be some glitching/cheating/boosting going on from one team or the other

2) Teammates are irritating you (throwing flash grenades at you, standing in front of you, team killing you, etc) and ultimately helping the other team.

3) Lag

4) Need to team up with someone who just got online (could be a group of people that are waiting for you or just an individual).

5) You need to get offline right that instant (parent, spouse, lost track of time, etc).

6) You choose a Create A Class set that you hadn't setup and thus you have no guns equipped at all (I've seen this happen a few times) or chose the wrong class set that is not proper for the game you just joined.

7) You get put into a game where your team is down by a large amount and there is a zero percent chance that you can comeback. You're going to get a loss either way so you aren't leaving for stats you're leaving because it is pointless to stay.

8) You realize that not all the players in your party made it into the game (possibly didn't have the map or some odd issue where they didn't make it in). This is typically once you get into the game and not 5 minutes in.

9) You accidentally chose the wrong game mode and didn't actually mean to play that game mode but it put you right into a match.

10) A teammate is obviously friends with the other team (same clan tag) and obviously helping them out in some way.

Not everyone who quits out of a game are doing it out of a "mood". Many do, I get that, but you typically don't know the true reason why they left. I will happily leave the game for any of the reasons above.

The problem with what you are proposing is that there is no way to know why a person left the game (aside from Team Killing) and thus penalizing them has to be balanced as not everyone is leaving out of frustration.

• 8. Re: Stop don't Panic.
                        Izjar11

First thing thanks for posting your opinion.

Second: This thread is not "lets discuss why people quit" I am not talking about reasons but outcomes  from those and pay attention to this: The Players who FREQUENTLY QUIT GAMES and are placed on probation and continue the same behavior.

So though I appreciate the time you took to justify your reasons, your missing my point. I know people quit, and we all have the option to do so on occasion with valid reasons. But that is not what I am talking about. So if you want to re-edit your post feel free to because it works now. Or simply respond back to this one with the intent of this discussion.

• 9. Re: Stop don't Panic.
                          LifeSong1

I understood your intent of your post. I'm simply trying to explain that the reasons they leave aren't always bad and thus punishing them for leaving doesn't seem to make sense. I guess it comes down to your definition of "frequent". I would venture to guess that I leave one or two games a night for a variety of reasons. Would I fit into this category of "frequent"?

The point I am trying to make is that just because people leave games frequently (whatever that truly means) we can't know the reason that they are leaving and thus punishing them for leaving probably can't be too extreme of a punishment as then you may be banning some people for leaving for legitimate reasons.

I get what you are saying and why you would like to see it, but honestly I don't care if people leave mid game. It doesn't really impact me much so I don't see why they should ever get a day or two weeks ban as you are proposing. Give them a 5-10 minute penalty (maybe 30 min at most) that can only counts down while the game is running (at the menus, single player, zombies, etc). If you get that penalty right before you log off, the next day you will have to serve your penalty. IW has to balance the pissing off of their players who won't play their games anymore and a fair penalty.

1 2 3 Previous Next