3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2013 6:43 AM by phxs72 RSS

Red dot sight vs Grip?

Which one gives greater accuracy on SMG's ? what are the ''must use'' atach's on a SMG weapon ? I use Grip + silencer/long barrel or Grip + quickdraw.

• Re: Red dot sight vs Grip?
          phxs72

I think that it really depends on how comfortable you are with iron sights.  The red dot does increase the guns accuracy but more importantly it gives you an uncluttered view of your target.  Therefore it makes hitting those guys that barely have their heads sticking out much easier.  Personally, the only SMG that I've found to need grip for longer range shooting has been the MP7 and that's because the trigger pinned recoil will pull me off target and is easier to control with grip.  That being said, I haven't really tried grip on other SMGs.  So perhaps, I'm missing out on the goose that laid the golden egg.

to be honest neither really help and are a waste of a attachment slot a silencer, stock and extended mags are the best 3 attachments to use

phxs72

I'd have to agree but then again I tend to set up my SMG engagements to be no longer than mid range.  I suppose if you wanted to get kills from across the map pretty regularly then those attachments could be beneficial but if I'm planning on shooting across the map then I'd pull out an AR or LMG.