29 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2013 7:32 PM by colonial_viper2 RSS

Leaderboards? SPM or Total Score

Anyone heard which it will be?

• Re: Leaderboards? SPM or Total Score
          nicedrewishfela

I would hope it would vary per Game Mode. SPM, to me, is the best way to look at a player overall. It shows how involved they are in the mode they play. K/D should NOT be on Dom Leaderboards or other Objective Modes... at least in my opinion. SPM, caps, defends, etc, show a players true worth in those modes. K/D can stay in TDM, FFA, etc... where it matters.

iivrruummii

All gamemodes leaderboards should be wins and wins/loss ratio.

nuttin2say

I don't know guys.

The statistics a player has depends on a lot of variables, most of which are not even taken into consideration in these kinds of discussions. You can't look at a single statistic and determine whether or not a player is "good" or not. I think you have to look at the player himself as well as his stats to know whether or not your up against a "good" player.

But regardless of what stats you put on the lobby leader board, you're going to get the same results. Seriously. What difference does it make if you put a "good" player's score, kills, caps, etc on the leader board? It is still going to be higher than "weak" player stats.

It sounds to me like some people in the community are trying to find ways to trick weaker players into staying in a lobby. That along with the wish to lock those players into the match ... man, this community is going downhill.

What you guys need to be advocating for is a way to make sure that six-man parties play against six-man parties. Sitting here beating your chests over how "good" you are against casual, random, weak players is great for the ego but a really bad direction for this game to cater toward.

Really bad.

iamyourfather

Do you even hear yourself, 6 man parties only playing against other six man parties that would be torture to find a lobby. I normally play with 9 man lobbies in ground war and we are only looking for Dom matches. That would completely suck to find a match. The players can always leave. No one is making them stay in that lobby, they can leave. Dont get me wrong i would prefer to play against other parties to actually have a challenge, but i do not want to wait 10 min just to find a lobby. Most of the time i hear the individual players trash talking more than the parties. So is it wrong to trash talk when they are trash talking too. Or is it wrong to beat your chest when they are trash talking you before the game, and then you blow them out.

nuttin2say

If you want to get personal, yes, I do think before I write.

You, on the other hand, handily made my point for me. You ONLY look for Dom matches in Ground War.

So who do the devs cater to? You don't want to wait 10 minutes to play against other parties. I don't want to play against parties.

The solution, as I said, is for them to find a way to force party vs party matches. Don't give me a line about having to wait. In fact, I would say that the reason there is any wait at all right now is because the game purposely AVOIDS pitting party vs party. So all the screamers can get their rocks off thinking they are far more Lee7 than they are.

dtuchpunk

In objective games like dom the amount of caps and defenses.

People with a lot of kills without caps and defenses may leave in my eyes. Also with high k/d and spm. Rather somebody who would go for the objective

nuttin2say

That's still not a be-all, end-all indicator, dtuchpunk.

Playing Ground War last week I saw this first-hand. Several matches in a row the opposing team seemed to be avoiding everything but the flag in their spawn. Come round two, they began calling in streak rewards and trying to hold B. We kept capping B, but we could not hold it because of all the streak rewards coming in.

So what we were up against was a team that, by looking at their stats, played the objectives. But the reality was that they were not doing so. They were playing for the kills.

Later years, only treyarc leaderboards were useful.. IW's always sucked ( at least on PC )..

Lobby leaderboard ordered by total points earned ? Who cares about that ?

Hopefully it is SPM, because the ones at the top (apart from hackers) will be the ones that play the objective, rush, and have a lot of skill, rather then someone who can just play for hours on end

nuttin2say

A high SPM and low capture/defend numbers indicate to me someone that is kill-whoring.

That's another reason you cannot just look at caps and defends. It seems to me that more than 50% of the time, the winning team has fewer caps and defends than does the losing team. This makes sense to me: you have a team that is protecting the flags with a different player regularly jumping in for the recapture - on the winning team. On the losing team, you have several guys that jump on the flag in a hurry to cap it, but then they all get killed almost immediately - and allow the other team to score a reward streak.

So, especially with caps, a high number is not necessarily a good thing. That tells me someone is jumping on flags a lot, sure. But it is someone that is getting killed incessantly and allowing the other team to be rewarded score streaks.

foo1sgo1d

SPM..K/D..W/L I think it's about time none of these were shown, that way people might actually have fun playing instead of going for kills. Now before anyone has a go, I am a decent player, I like to think I'm an objective based player, but always in the back of my mind, I have K/D!!  W/L is not important because if you are playing solo, it's obviously going to be lower than say players who only play as a team. The point is if there were no stats on public display, in my opinion it would make people play the game for what it is and not for what others think it should be.

MillionGamer

Um... Good question

Just thinking about that it a little off-topic but in COD 4 on the PC there is no leaderboard at all for the online multiplayer.

SO would that mean that when server browser will be out (If it happen in a title update) will the online leaderboard will be removed?.

MillionGamer

But for answering the question why not  2 separate leaderboards one for Spm for players that played in team

and one for the other mode oh and a career leaderboard would be nice too.