10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2013 4:41 AM by phxs72 RSS

Just One Person's Opinion

I like just about everything about the game except a couple of what I consider to be major things.

Some of you may not like this but this is the case as I see it.

I'm no professional player.  I'm about as good as I'm going to get which puts me in

the lower 50 percentile of the people playing.  I play to have fun, not to die continually due to

poorly divided teams and poorly desinged spawn.  I've been part of to many online team deathmatches

in which the other team has won by 25 kills or better and if things have been done fairly, that is just not

going to happen.  I've also died multiple time in a row ( before I could do a thing) after being killed and

respawing.

Also, nothing against the really good players, but I would be willing to wager good money many of them

would not be running those high kills if they were actually playing people will similar skills.  To many of you

are patting yourselves on the back and trash talking.

I'm a semi-camper because I cannot run and gun like some of the other players do and have much success.

Stop ******** about the camper, its just another way the game is played,  You play it your way and the let people

paying the bills on the other end play it their way.

Personally, I've left many games!  I know you guys dont' like that but again, I'm not there for your fun, I'm there

for mine.  So when these teams are divided up, and they prove to be divided unfairly, I get out because it's no

fun spending the brunt of your time dying.  I also look at the kills in games I've been dropped into and if they are

lop-sided, I back of them as well.

You want to stop people from leaving the games?  Then the game designer need to figure out to resolve the

spawn problems and how to have some equality whe the teams are formed.  I've had bad marks on my rep because

of leaving the game.  All I can say is, keep putting the bad marks to me because I'm going to continue doing the same

until the structure of the game is fair to everyone. 

Let it rip!

• Re: Just One Person's Opinion
          ArcticAzazel

This post is good. Very good. It's going to be great until all the haters come to it anyways.

I agree with everything, except the camper part. For what reason? I honestly don't know. I just have a great dislike for campers... The main reason being that if I get one kill away from a Swarm, it shouldn't be a camper that kills me and causes me to have to restart the chain all over again. It wasn't a display of better skill, it was just that player being annoying and pre-aiming a spot, usually it's with Executioners or KAP-40s, LMG's and Shotguns.

But like the OP said, that's just my opinion. I'm in favor of the whole "Momentum" thing if anyone here remembers what that suggestion was to rid the game of campers.

darkrangeresp

Camping is just part of the first person shooter multilayer experience. Like it or not, players have been campers since DOOM originally coined the terms, deathmatch, frag, and everything else we take for granted.  It's probably never going to be going away.  The bottom line here is that Activision and Treyarche got between $40 and $200 from all of us for this game.   Regardless if somebody else's tactics ruin your fun, they paid the same price of admission and they have just as much right to play the way they want as you do.

I agree with Chero up there as well. We all have different skill levels and the better players like to dump on the weaker ones.  I never fault anybody for quitting a game.   The main reason teams end up unbalanced in public matches, is normally you have groups of players who travel together.   If you are in a clan with 3 to 4 other players on your team and used to playing with them.  Then you have a skill advantage against a group of randoms who are pretty much lone wolfing.  If you want a fair fight, go play free for all. If you want to have fun with other game modes, then you know what you are getting yourself into. 

I have played this game on both wii u and Xbox 360.  Back on the wii u version, I was one of the top tier players.  On Xbox, I am definately in the bottom 50%.  My problem is that I prefer the wiimote and numchuck control scheme to the dual analog sticks.  But the wii u didn't get DLC so I switched systems back in April.  My point here is I knew when I made the transition my performance and stats would suffer.  However, I don't let that ruin my fun here.  The bottom line here is as long as you are enjoying your experience and getting your money's worth.  That is what really matters in my opinion.

ArcticAzazel

darkrangeresp wrote:

Regardless if somebody else's tactics ruin your fun, they paid the same price of admission and they have just as much right to play the way they want as you do.

I knew someone would respond with that. Of course I know that they paid the (usually) same price of admission and have the right to do that. I never did say that campers do not have the right to do what they do, I just simply said I dislike them. That and the fact that they exist, and that I'm in favor of the Momentum suggestion. It's just my opinion, like I said. In no way am I asking them to change their playstyle, because of course... They won't. However by saying that I'm in favor of the Momentum suggestion, I am rather supporting a change of the game itself

starbuckfrack

Its nice that you said all of this was your opinion instead of saying it was fact

Some people can over come the spawns in a game, hence the reason they are able to spawn trap. So I dont think you can blame the spawns.

I dont spawn trap, then again I also never have been spawn trapped in years or left a game either. If you dont learn to adapt and work with your teams strengths and avoid the team weaknesses then you will quit a lot of games.

And no offense intended but if a person (not saying you) were to camp most of the game no wonder you got spawn trapped. Developers have said that controlling the spawns is a legitimate tactic and campers cant control the spawns if they sit there waiting for ducks to show up in their gunsights. You need to go out and get the spawns to control them, or at least move around a bit to control them better.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

cherokeesctp wrote:

I play to have fun, not to die continually due to poorly divided teams and poorly desinged spawn.  I've been part of to many online team deathmatches in which the other team has won by 25 kills or better and if things have been done fairly, that is just not going to happen.  I've also died multiple time in a row ( before I could do a thing) after being killed and respawing.

First of all, your honesty outweighs all the flaws I might find in your post.  That said....

Lopsided teams and games are usually due to a team having 1 or 2 good players, the rest of the lobby consisting of poor or inexperienced players.  Because there are many more poor and inexperienced players that make up the whole population, the lopsidedness is simply the result of the naked numbers.

To try to get on the right side of lopsided teams or games, try to hook up with a few friends who are decent, not necessarily even excellent.  Parties with a few decent players working together have a very good chance of beating teams with 1 or 2 excellent players.

Insofar as getting spawn killed.  Try to fight against the instinct to run right after you respawn.  Wait for the respawn delay to expire; chuck a smoke at your feet the moment you respawn (if this works for me in Nuketown, it can work on any map); and, most importantly, know the spawns.  If you know where you'll be after you die, it'll simply give you a better chance of surviving. 

Lastly, view theater in roaming mode above the entire map.  Learn how people, especially that dude who always seem to go 23-5, behave relative to other players.

More below.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

cherokeesctp wrote:

I play to have fun, not to die continually due to poorly divided teams and poorly desinged spawn.  I've been part of to many online team deathmatches in which the other team has won by 25 kills or better and if things have been done fairly, that is just not going to happen.  I've also died multiple time in a row ( before I could do a thing) after being killed and respawing.

To try to get on the right side of lopsided teams or games, try to hook up with a few friends who are decent, not necessarily even excellent.  Parties with a few decent players working together have a very good chance of beating teams with 1 or 2 excellent players.

I usually play with 2 other people. Me and one of them are average, and the other is pretty good, but whenever we play together we always wind up doing really well. Not sure if its because we don't let the other team get streaks or if our calling out helps the others, but we always do better than if we played by ourselves.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

cherokeesctp wrote:

Also, nothing against the really good players, but I would be willing to wager good money many of them

would not be running those high kills if they were actually playing people will similar skills.  To many of you

are patting yourselves on the back and trash talking.

I played league TDM exclusively during seasons 3 and 4.  I ran with a party of very good players and we would beat randoms with ease.  However, it would have been pretty pathetic on our part if we talked trash to these guys.  Simply, it's a classless thing to do.  Especially because there were players/parties that were just as good as we were.  If we came across similarly skilled parties, you can bet we would almost always perform under our overall stats.

Personally, I've left many games!  I know you guys dont' like that but again, I'm not there for your fun, I'm there for mine.

What better way to develope your skills but to play a game out against good players.  If you continue to cut and run, then you'll just continue to play like a player who cuts and runs--a subpar player you admitted yourself to be.

dont call it camping unless someone is literally sitting in a corner waiting for someone to walk past.. i like to call it, tactical advantage. or fire under cover. or even a firing position.

camping is only done by people with negative KD ratio's and horrible strategies.

when you can control your team mates spawn points and predict enemy locations, i would say you have set up a very nice combat outpost with multiple firing positions. even more so with a team of people who understand how to do the same thin

lastly, if someone is "camping" and you know where they are... why cant you kill them? if they kill you from a different location or even the same location repeatedly, they are obviously using better tactics than you are.

Izjar11

cherokeesctp wrote:

Personally, I've left many games!  I know you guys dont' like that but again, I'm not there for your fun, I'm there

for mine.

This is the same mind set that cheaters have you know that? When you dedicated yourself to playing a match, your not alone your sharing time with others! Thats what I detest about selfish "its all about me and my experience" players. Now we all have the option to leave a game for what ever reason, but when you do so consistently out of a mood then thats when it becomes frustrating and annoying.

So when these teams are divided up, and they prove to be divided unfairly, I get out because it's no

fun spending the brunt of your time dying.  I also look at the kills in games I've been dropped into and if they are

lop-sided, I back of them as well.

whats curious about this statement is that you open your thread with the fact that you "semi-camp" what ever that means. Now when you do that other players will come find you, your dying because of your own fault!

You want to stop people from leaving the games?  Then the game designer need to figure out to resolve the

spawn problems and how to have some equality whe the teams are formed.  I've had bad marks on my rep because

of leaving the game.  All I can say is, keep putting the bad marks to me because I'm going to continue doing the same

until the structure of the game is fair to everyone.

Spawn problems? nonexistent, the game uses the revenge spawn system for a purpose.

If you trying to justify your quitting, I say pay attention to what you DO first before blaming the game!

phxs72

Okay here you go.  RIP.  But seriously, what I get from your post is that you are a casual player that quite frankly takes dying/losing too seriously and is either too lazy to develop your gameplay or you've just psyched yourself out into thinking that you'll never be good enough to compete with above average players.  I'm sorry but either way the game isn't going to be able to match make you with enough similarly skilled players to make things even for you.  If even one decent player ends up on the other team then you are going to lose.  This will not change until you decide to stay in games and learn how to play better.  This is going to sound silly but the best player on the other team has no more health than you do, his guns deal no more damage than your guns, and if you shoot him enough he will die.  The biggest difference between him and you is that he has taken the time to learn the game well and in doing so understands the map layout, typical traffic flows, and common respawn locations (all of which are learned by staying in games btw).  But again if you shoot him, he will bleed.

Since you are a TDM player, I'd suggest using low score streaks such as the UAV, HK, CUAV.  The first and last ones are for obvious reasons.  The HK is a sneaky little momentum killer.  Many gunfights are won/lost based on who got to the power position first and had time to get his sights lined up.  A kill from an HK sends someone back to their spawn and leaves you and your team with better odds of reaching that power position and locking things down.

Good luck to you but if you want things to change then you will have to do the changing.