13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2013 2:39 PM by Highwayman0226 RSS

Instead of probation!.....

Make it so if someone dashboards it doesn't work...wow what a concept!

• Re: Instead of probation!.....

BO2 had it disabled on wiiU, dont think you can disable it on anything else. since it cant be disabled id have the probation since it is VERY EFFECTIVE at stoping dashboarding, withen a month it is gone.

Izjar11

You propose that instead of players being put on a five minute waiting period to have their game become entirely unplayable?

What i mean is if someone dashboards it keeps all their stats from the game they dashboarded from...How is this a hard thing for a game company to do...Dashboarding does not work for halo or other games so why does it work in cod?~!!!!!!

Izjar11

Decree117 wrote:

What i mean is if someone dashboards it keeps all their stats from the game they dashboarded from...How is this a hard thing for a game company to do...Dashboarding does not work for halo or other games so why does it work in cod?~!!!!!!

I try to remove specific words to explain what they do but to me, dashboarding, rage quitting, it boils down to how consistent they are quitting games. Removing stats would be an option to deter it.

rlbl

Preserving stats is not the only reason why people leave.

MW2 - Nuke inbound, it's all over!!! -> half the team quits

MW3 - Enemy MOAB inbound -> half the team quits

BO2 - Enemy Swarm Inbound -> half the team quits

See a trend? Nothing to do with stats; everything to do with getting pummeled. Probation (conceptually) is a good thing. Never quit, never have a thing to worry about (leaving connection disconnects aside)

theraven.

The number one reason for quitting games in black ops 2 was the lag and bs deaths i agree people shouldn't dashboard but also why should they stay in a game with unplayable lag would you.

Something I have talked about with my friends is implementing a DNF% (Did Not Finish percentage).

#1: I'd be embarrassed to have a high DNF% by my name.

#2: If they really want League Play (Or any competitive mode like it) to be taken seriously, then make it to where players with a certain DNF% cannot play. For example, If you have a DNF% of 30 (I'm just throwing numbers out there) you cannot play League Play.

Here's a crazy idea, maybe overtime a player's DNF% can go down if they start "behaving".......

IDK...what y'll think?

mdub

j.ruiz wrote:

Something I have talked about with my friends is implementing a DNF% (Did Not Finish percentage).

#1: I'd be embarrassed to have a high DNF% by my name.

#2: If they really want League Play (Or any competitive mode like it) to be taken seriously, then make it to where players with a certain DNF% cannot play. For example, If you have a DNF% of 30 (I'm just throwing numbers out there) you cannot play League Play.

Here's a crazy idea, maybe overtime a player's DNF% can go down if they start "behaving".......

IDK...what y'll think?

And what do you propose they do..... for the people stuck on listening servers? If the host dashboards.... everyone will get a DNF%

Highwayman0226

Yeah, I like this idea.  DNF% would be a cool stat.  Also, as someone has suggested in other posts, have the players with higher DNF% play against other people with a similar stat.  If you get dashboarded out and the lobby closes, yes...you get 1 DNF.  Cool idea.

I'm sorry, but no, the way Crap Ops 2's BS connections and matchmaking was set up, you almost HAVE to dashboard to not have totally misleading stats show up in your Playercard, making you look like a worse player than you really are. Sorry, but if I'm put in games that are at least half over with my team getting pummeled (as in, I already see dogs and swarms after me as soon as I join because of my idiot teammates sucking) and/or if I'm suffering so many BS deaths like this (and I'd get "WTF?" deaths like this ALL THE TIME in Wack Ops 2) because some clown with a 2 bar connection happens to have the game's ludicrous lag comp working for him (which is absolutely BS):

Then I believe I'm perfectly justified in dashboarding, as is anyone else who has this BS happen to them.

Fix the sh!tty connections and matchmaking (IOW, stop punishing me for somebody else's sh!tty Wal-Mart connection and putting me in games that are already practically over and on teams that are getting destroyed), and THEN we can talk about putting probation or a similar system back in the game. Until that happens, though, no way.

• Re: Re: Instead of probation!.....
                                Izjar11

I'm sorry, but no, the way Crap Ops 2's BS connections and matchmaking was set up, you almost HAVE to dashboard to not have totally misleading stats show up in your Playercard, making you look like a worse player than you really are.

These prototypical excuses weak players come up with are what was wrong with BO2, players who think stats define them are what was wrong here. What do stats matter, if your good you know it and stats are simply a result of it.

Sorry, but if I'm put in games that are at least half over with my team getting pummeled (as in, I already see dogs and swarms after me as soon as I join because of my idiot teammates sucking) and/or if I'm suffering so many BS deaths like this (and I'd get "WTF?" deaths like this ALL THE TIME in Wack Ops 2) because some clown with a 2 bar connection happens to have the game's ludicrous lag comp working for him (which is absolutely BS):

Dumb excuse, when spectating was there. Do you just hit X when thrown into a match automatically? Did you know that if scorestreaks are present they are noticeable BEFORE you join? But lets say you CHOOSE to join the match, even losing. Has it ever occurred to you to take out the scorestreak? Do you even have a anti-scorestreak class? Your final sentence makes no sense.

Then I believe I'm perfectly justified in dashboarding, as is anyone else who has this BS happen to them.

Fix the sh!tty connections and matchmaking (IOW, stop punishing me for somebody else's sh!tty Wal-Mart connection and putting me in games that are already practically over and on teams that are getting destroyed), and THEN we can talk about putting probation or a similar system back in the game. Until that happens, though, no way.

I hope that players who share you behavior are placed in a perma banned probation, or better yet I hope REALLY HOPE that QUITTERS like you are all placed in matches together to play half a-s-sed matches so you all can just quit and never fully finish one!

One of the worse response from probably what is a even worse version of a so called COD gamer.

Indeed.